• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Soccer Thread

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Going for Moura is risky. He is good, for his age. But the fact is, Moura is best in dribbling, while rest is average.
This is a huge risk, considering South Americans perform below par in England.
IF Moura signs for United, you can be damn sure that Nani'll leave. Moura is a CAM, same as Kagawa. Kagawa can play in the wing.
Valencia won't be benched, new no.7 (Which I'm still not happy about. He shouldn't have gotten it)
I think United will change it's formatio into 4-2-3-1

De Gea
Rafael/Jones - Ferdiand/Smalling - Vidic/Evans - Evra/Baines?
Scholes/Cleverly - Carrick/Anderson
Valencia - Kagawa/Moura - Young/Nani
Rooney/Welbeck/Hernandez

IF van Persie is bought, Rooney will be shifted into a CAM, due to his ability to drop back and start attacks.

Berbatov will for sure. I don't see him staying. I will miss him.

Barclays Premier League > Scottish League :p

12 Days to go :D

7 tyranitars

Going for Moura is risky. He is good, for his age. But the fact is, Moura is best in dribbling, while rest is average.
IF Moura signs for United, you can be damn sure that Nani'll leave. Moura is a CAM, same as Kagawa. Kagawa can play in the wing.
Valencia won't be benched, new no.7 (Which I'm still not happy about. He shouldn't have gotten it)
I think United will change it's formatio into 4-2-3-1

De Gea
Rafael/Jones - Ferdiand/Smalling - Vidic/Evans - Evra/Baines?
Scholes/Cleverly - Carrick/Anderson
Valencia - Kagawa/Moura - Young/Nani
Rooney/Welbeck/Hernandez

IF van Persie is bought, Rooney will be shifted into a CAM, due to his ability to drop back and start attacks.

Berbatov will for sure. I don't see him staying. I will miss him.

Barclays Premier League > Scottish League :p

12 Days to go :D

Well yeah because nobody wants to see celtic win for the next 3 years in a row without any competition. :p

Anyway PSV won the dutch super cup 2-4.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Rangers won't be in FIFA 13.

Real Madrid interested in reuniting Portugal wing duo, Nani and Ronaldo.
Rumors goes, a Nani-Sahin exchange.

Luxraymaster

On the road to Johto
I'll be upset if Nani goes. I can't see De Gea being in goal all season though as Lindegaard will be tested and I think he's better than De Gea at times, just underrated and he's had a lot of injury problems.

KickAsh

halted development
I think most of the reason Sir Alex wants Lucas so bad is his huge potential. There's lots of time for him to develop in the EPL still, so if he adjusts to the league and reaches his potential, he should be worth £30mil.

KickAsh

halted development
Actually, the Mail and caughtoffsides.com are "reporting" that PSG is set to nab Moura before Man U can get him. Just rumors, but interesting nonetheless.

synthetica

A Failed Experiment
I've read about that, I doubt he's worth the kind of money PSG is offering.

Has anyone actually seen him play? I was impressed by Lingard, Petrucci and Powell during the tour, so I think they should get a chance to prove themself before buying some other youngster.

KickAsh

halted development
No, I've only watched highlight reels on YouTube and he's an amazing dribbler. (On a sidenote I should really start watching Brazil's Olympic team.)
The signing I've been most impressed with has been Kagawa. Man U looks to have struck gold.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
PSG's looking to snub Moura for 45 million Euros -_-
Didn't Leonardo ( Sporting Director) say there won't be any more signings? And it's on Espn Soccernet, which is concrete enough.

And Oh My God, United have some really good talent out there. Lingard, Turncliffe, Petrucci then Brady.

Oscar is way better than Lucas, Chelsea struck some gold.

KickAsh

halted development
PSG completely overspent for Moura. Their other purchases of Ibrahimovic, Lavezzi, and Thiago Silva were all very good buys at reasonably savvy prices, but they really had no need for Moura, a player who will take some time to develop and may never be any good.
Of course, if in a few years Moura becomes an outstanding player then the €45mil euro price tag would be justified but right now it seems dubious.

synthetica

A Failed Experiment
I agree, he is the best. Nice to hear Evans is going to be ready for the start of the season, as United is a bit short on defenders at the moment.

I was wondering, what do you guys think about this Bolt deal? I doubt anything will happen, but it could be interesting, if he is actually signed. Then again, I'm a bit biased because of my last season. The team I play for had the league's top scorer, who is techincally terrible, but incredibly fast and was able to get himself in one-on-ones a few times in each game on speed alone.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Haha, Bolt seems pretty serious. It's bull. To be honest. I mean, it's great to have a celebrity-fan who's crazy about United, but that's a bit too over ambitious.

So, Barcelona vs. Man United in 4 hours. Can't wait to see United play in their new Away Kit. Looks awesome.
Predictions for this match? I'd say 3-3 draw.

In other news, Lucas himself seems pretty interested in PSG's 'project' [smoney[/s]
United looking back at Axel Witsel of Benfica and Spanish wonder kid Isco of Malaga. Seems pretty good buys, I hope Fergier gets one of them.
RVP to United saga seems to be getting pretty concrete. I've seen more rumors flying about him set to join United, and that Fergie is to make a generous bid for him.

Nemaja Vidic <3
I've missed him so much last season.
He comes from Serbiaa.
He'll ******* murder yaa xD

Looking for to hearing that in Old Trafford.

KickAsh

halted development
I think Barcelona will win it but Man U has a decent chance to draw.
All Bolt is doing is trying out for the team. I mean, if the fastest man in the world wanted to play for your football team, would you say no? So why not offer him a tryout? He probably won't be very good, but if he turns out to have some skill then Man U look have found a surprise star.

~Nicole~

Banned
Yup Barca won after penalties, it was 0-0. I can't take these games seriously for some reason, didn't watch the whole game :) Rooney missed a penalty at the end of the first half too. We're looking good, and Jordi Alba made his debut, can't wait for the La Liga season to start!! We first have to play ( and execute our revenge ) against Real Madrid, which will be a cracker as it has always been.

So Zantera, you were at the game ( Barca-Man U )?

Last edited: