• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Soccer Thread

KickAsh

halted development
My predictions for the upcoming matches on Wednesday and Saturday:
Chelsea 3-0 Reading
Swansea 1-1 West Ham
Everton 1-0 Aston Villa
Man United 2-2 Fulham
Norwich 2-1 QPR
Southampton 0-1 Wigan
Sunderland 1-1 Reading
Tottenham 2-0 West Brom
Chelsea 3-2 Newcastle

Also, Spurs landed Adebayor. Good news for Spurs fans??

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
Time to break the cycle

For 5 million and Manchester City to still pay a part of his wages yes it's a good deal however just like all clubs that he played for, he'll most likely have a great start but then get too settled and then become lazy.

abrar14

Statter Master
^Thats the score for Liverpool vs Hearts tomorow

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Good win for Celtic last night, hopefully they'll finish the job in the return leg. Scotland needs Champions League success to help their European coefficient.

Time for some more Premier League predictions. Guess I'll score myself throughout the year. Unfortunately the first gameweek I produced only four correct results and zero correct scores, so that's a paltry four points.

Chelsea 2-1 Reading
Swansea 3-1 West Ham
Aston Villa 2-2 Everton
Man Utd 2-0 Fulham
Norwich 1-1 QPR
Southampton 2-0 Wigan
Sunderland 1-2 Reading
Tottenham 2-1 West Brom
Chelsea 2-2 Newcastle
Stoke 0-0 Arsenal
Liverpool 0-2 Man City

My guess as to why Chelsea play a midweek game is because in December they're away in Japan to contest the Club World Championship, meaning they'd miss the home game against Reading.

EDIT: My bad, it's because they're in the Super Cup next week. Whatever!

Last edited:

Draco.

Dragon Master.
i feel that this is belongs here the most,

but just a quick question,
if you have fifa 12,

are you going to buy fifa 13?

just wondering :))

Rezzo

Occasionally
Also, Spurs landed Adebayor. Good news for Spurs fans??

Sort of. Right down to the basics, it's a good signing. But the constant bench-placing of Defoe has unsettled him and he wants to leave. I don't blame him at all to be honest, as this happened years ago when he left for Portsmouth. So it'll be disappointing to see Defoe leave (again), but on the brightside, we have Adebayor back.

My predictions!

Swansea 2-0 West Ham
Aston Villa 0-0 Everton
Man United 3-1 Fulham
Norwich 7-4 2-3 Q.P.R
Southampton 2-1 Wigan
Sunderland 1-0 Reading (This is easily the most unpredictable match this weekend. I think Sunderland have the quality to fend off Reading this time though)
Tottenham 1-1 West Brom
Chelsea 3-0 Newcastle
Stoke 2-1 Arsenal
Liverpool 1-2 Man City

~Nicole~

Banned
Today is the day, EL CLASICO!!!!! BARCELONA VS REAL MADRID. Everyone knows how Barca plays at the Camp Nou, so watch out Madrid. Tito said he doesn't see a repeat of the 2-1 defeat in April because we had to take a lot of risks in that match and committed a lot of men forward, this time, it's a different story. BARCA! BARCA! BARCA!!!!!

[video=youtube;W1_XM6MKZ88]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1_XM6MKZ88[/video]

See that team? It's called FC Barcelona, the best team in the world, and we're cutting Madrid's ass today!!!!

VS

they/she
Oh why can't Friendlies be on Television in America?
How's MCFC been doing?
I have no idea stupid American TV DX

abrar14

Statter Master
We won 3-2 with goals from Pedro, Messi and Xavi but thanks to that mothereffer ( Valdes ) we have it a bit harder now. Moronic fuck.
Wow, calm down. Valdes is a world class keeper AND he plays for ur team -.-In non barca news, Liverpool beat hearts 1-0

KickAsh

halted development
I never really thought Valdes was all that great. He's good, make no mistake, but he's not really world class imo. He looks good due to Barcelona always having possession and the defense in front of him being pretty strong.

synthetica

A Failed Experiment
Exactly, he usually doesn't have that much to do, so just based on the number of conceded goals, he seems better than he is. Still, he is a good keeper, just a bit error-prone.

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
Assuming away goals apply then yes.