• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Soccer Thread

synthetica

A Failed Experiment
Why the hell did Stoke fans boo Aaron Ramsey?!

I thought Shawcross broke Ramsey's leg, not the other way round. Am I missing something here? :/?

Also, good result for City.

I'm not sure, but I heard something about Ramsey not accepting Shawcross's apology.

Ninjames

NOT JACK WILSHIRE
I hear Neymar's still available, if Wenger's willing to splash out £50m :D

Also, when did Hulk sign for Spartak Moscow? Source - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hulk_(footballer)

Was the article just updated? Says nothing about Spartak and now says he plays for Chelsea. Has he just signed for them or...? I haven't been following the transfer window (got bored of it) but I did know that Chelsea were persuing him.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
I'm not sure, but I heard something about Ramsey not accepting Shawcross's apology.

Pretty sure it's that, but fans are more likely to "Do the Wenger!"...which is actually pretty funny.

Hulk was linked with Chelsea iirc, but dunno what is going on. Neymar in the EPL would be quite interesting, but that Price Tag is offputting...unless you happen to be Manchester City.

Ninjames

NOT JACK WILSHIRE
LOL, looks like Hulk's Wikipedia page is being trolled. The latest update;

"...is a Brazilian professional footballer who plays for Npower league 1 club Doncaster rovrs FC, as a striker or winger."

I'm led to assume it was someone in this thread. Whoever it was, good on you. xD

Jinvaani

Last edited:

ShinyHaxorus

Wow Doncaster Rovers have really splashed the cash there xD

Watching the Madrid match.. 2-1 to Getafe its unbelievable Jeff!

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
Why the hell did Stoke fans boo Aaron Ramsey?!

I thought Shawcross broke Ramsey's leg, not the other way round. Am I missing something here? :/?
That's correct but don't expect football fans to see sense when it comes to these sort of things.
Result of the first game of the season just in, Milan 0-1 Sampdoria.

I hate being right sometimes.
It's the first game of the season so I wouldn't be too harsh, I would wait until about 8-10 games in personally.

I hear Neymar's still available, if Wenger's willing to splash out £50m :D
Wenger would never spend that much on one player unfortunately even if Neymar will be worth more than that one day what with star power, shirt sales and the fact that he's Brazil's best player right now.

CorkaCola

The Aura is with Me!
Lucio on Juventus is out 3-4 months with torn ankle ligaments. A big blow for the recent addition to the Italian's version of soccer royalty.

KickAsh

halted development
I am impressed with Everton so far. They're starting the season the way they usually finish, if they keep this up they can challenge for Europe.
Arsenal, on the other hand, have looked better. They've also looked worse, though, so I suppose it's too early for Gunners fans to worry.
Shame my Magpies lost, although I expected them too.
Aston Villa look quite bad, Swansea look pretty good but haven't face a real test yet.

Also, apparently Chelsea finally got their hands on Azpilicueta. I guess I missed that.

ShinyHaxorus

Tottenham have sold Luka Modric to Real Madrid for a reported fee of £28 million.

Wow that's a bit of a difference from them £40 million Chelsea offered last season.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Stupid Modric, playing for stupid shitty Real Madrid now, stupid moron.

o_O

Everton have been quite good so far. Top 4/5 anyone?
Newcastle aren't as good as they were last season, but that should change soon.
Chelsea look quite impressive. Hazard and Oscar have helped a little, but they look stronger after winning the Champion's League.
Swansea could go for a Europa League spot with this excellent form. They play stronger, and Michu looks to be a top goalscorer for them.
QPR are buying rejects, basically.
Man City don't look as...magical as they did last season yet, but that will definitely change.
Man Utd look a little less impressive, as they barely avoided a rare defeat to Fulham. Still, subject to change.
Stoke...are starting slowly...frankly, I expected us to win against Arsenal.
Reading / Southampton / West Ham are faring OK. Southampton would well stay up, should they defend a little better against big teams.
Norwich look worse without their former manager.
Tottenham...well, they've lost arguably their best player to Madrid, so that £28m should be put to good use!

That's it really...

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
It should be put to good use, but let's not forget Villas Boas is at the helm now, and he hasn't been brilliant in the Premier League has he? xD

Fair point indeed. AVB is in his twenties, right? Lacks experience, that's a sure thing.

I would love it if Swansea finished in the top 6, despite the unlikely probability.

Jinvaani

but let's not forget Villas Boas is at the helm now, and he hasn't been brilliant in the Premier League has he? xD

I'd like to have seen what would have happened if they'd've left AVB in charge at Chelsea (which I think they should've done, at least until the end of the season)... he could have been an absolute legend.

QPR are buying rejects, basically.

...and I can't disagree with that xD

Ninjames

NOT JACK WILSHIRE
I'd like to have seen what would have happened if they'd've left AVB in charge at Chelsea (which I think they should've done, at least until the end of the season)... he could have been an absolute legend.

Maybe he could have been, but he had long enough to make an impression (was it January he was sacked? He had a good few months to get used to being Chelsea manager) and you know what Abramovich is like, he wants to see immediate changes and I think Villas Boas had long enough to show that he could take Chelsea in the right direction. I did feel sorry for him though after he got sacked. I heard that he left Stamford Bridge in tears after most of the players refused to say good-bye to him. That must have been tough to take, getting fired from your job and then being treated like that by the people that you spent five months with. Fair enough if you didn't get along with him but at least say goodbye to him.