• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Soccer Thread

Metal Bagon

Play the Guitar Rift
Shoot the premier league title is going down to the wire. It'll be awkward if Man City lose though as the vast majority f people think they have it in the bag.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Yesss...roll on West Ham v Blackpool in the play-off final!

^I agree, it would be very awkward. But don't forget that Man Utd still have their encounter with Sunderland away, so it could be very tight.

abrar14

Statter Master
As a Liverpool fan i want City to win the league

Meh. I want Blackpool to win as they deserve it more and holloways press conferences are always a barrel of laughs.

7 tyranitars

^I agree, it would be very awkward. But don't forget that Man Utd still have their encounter with Sunderland away, so it could be very tight.

Gl :D my club is playing in the dutch play offs for promotions today the semis but let's hope we both have something to celebrate.

thatguycharizard34

so AWH-SOME /)^ɛ^(\
As much as I hate City, well done. Even after defensive muckups, you still pull through.

In other news, Fulham lost 2-0 to Spurs, but alas, we still finish 9th so I'm happy.

pirate555

Word.
Woah, what a final day for the Premier League. Enough to stop me revising ancient Greek historiography, anyhow.

Personally, the joy for me is seeing Arsenal somehow cling on to third place with victory over West Brom. If Van Perise doesn't stick with Arsenal next year I may have to write some letters to get him excommunicated. And yes, I do mean like this.. Regardless, hurrah for Wenger! He's not perfect, but Arsene is the lynchpin for my support of the Gunners, long may he continue to reign the Emirates Stadium.

As for Manchester City, I'm glad for Mancini, he's had a real run through the mill with his team. It's a shame some of the players are narcissistic douches. I have a friend who will be gutted for Manchester United, and I'm sympathetic to his pain. Cannot be easy to go from near-jubilation to dejection in the space of 5 minutes. But Manchester United have not sparkled this season. They need a new injection of talent to rejuvenate next season.

It took me a while to realise why Cisse was in the middle of the Man City group hug, but then I realised that QPR have also stayed up. Good for them! They put in a good performance today.

Finally, just want to quote Barton's twitter from a few months prior: "Why do people always want to solve any conflict with a fight? As a pacifist, I find it incredible..." Aha. Ahahaha. Get rid of him now plz.

The Premier League made for great watching and listening today. Now the Champions League final to look forward to! I shall be supporting the English team as usual.

7 tyranitars

Good job City, sad we lost our battle for promotion in the last minute :/

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Good gravy, one of these days I'm going to have a heart attack. What the hell kind of end to the season was that? Incredible. Don't even need to comment any more on it.

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
An epic end to an epic season

An epic end to the season and quite rightly City deserved to win that title. As for the whole Arsenal situation, I'm glad we finished 3rd but it doesn't change the fact that major work has to be done in the summer. I've come to accept that we may not easily win the title especially with the riches that the other teams can provide but it doesn't mean we have to accept utter dross in our team and we are still a big enough club that players WILL want to move to Arsenal because it's Arsenal.

We didn't really earn third spot, Tottenham blew it...twice.

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/9289/arsx.jpg

Attachments

• arsx.jpg
    arsx.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 3

Lickilicky.my.Skitty

Since Red & Blue!
This is pretty random... but it is the soccer thread so it applies!

I once lost a tooth playing soccer. Playing in the gym because if was raining one day. Went after the ball and someone tripped while also trying to trip me and landed on my face. Now my right front tooth is fake. :D I looked like a hillbilly for two weeks before it was fixed.

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Also props to Juventus for the unbeaten season. Not many teams can claim to have done that!

Also I watched the Villarreal match, they pulled a Sampdoria and got relegated a year after finishing fourth! Sad times for them.

Only league left to decide I guess is the French league. Boy does it promise to be exciting too. I hope Montpellier do it, I just love rooting for the 'underdog' =)

7 tyranitars

Also props to Juventus for the unbeaten season. Not many teams can claim to have done that!

Also I watched the Villarreal match, they pulled a Sampdoria and got relegated a year after finishing fourth! Sad times for them.

Only league left to decide I guess is the French league. Boy does it promise to be exciting too. I hope Montpellier do it, I just love rooting for the 'underdog' =)

Lol it works the other way arround aswell in 2009 montpelier played in the ligue 2 now they are on first place in the france ligue 1 :p.

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Don't suppose anyone here fancies partaking in the Sky Sports Euro 2012 Fantasy Football do they? We could make a SPPF league or something. Just an idea.

~Nicole~

Banned
Well done, Roberto Mancini, and my utmost congratulations to Manchester City for winning their first Premier League title in 44 years :)

Felt I needed to do that, that stoppage time comeback against QPR was awesome! And so, Kompany, Toure, Dzeko and Aguero are the City heroes this season :)

Anyway, so that was a close final league match against Real Betis for us ( Barca ). Busquets scored on the 9th minute only for Castro to score two goals in the space of 4 minutes ( 71st and 75th ) to put Betis 2-1 up. But it was Seydou Keita who was our hero, scoring a fantastic header in stoppage time to draw 2-2 for us :) We finished 9 points behind Madrid.

However, despite losing the two biggest prizes, La Liga and the UEFA Champions League, I'm not too disappointed as we have won 3 titles so far, as opposed to Madrid's 1. Plus, we still have a Copa del Rey final coming up. TRIVIA: Pep's first final with Barcelona was a Copa del Rey finals against Athletic Bilbao, where we won, and his last one will be in the same competition's final against the same team as in 2009.

ALSO, congratulations to Borussia Dortmund for their 5-2 German Cup final win over Bayern, AND I wish both Chelsea and Bayern good luck in the Champions League finals!

End of rant.

Woah, can't believe Chelsea won the CL! What was Bayern doing? Had they taken even half of their chances, they'd have won 8-0 or something :O

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
Robben, just doing what comes naturally to him and that's bottling it in finals. I'm actually disappointed Chelsea won that with their anti-football, has a sort of Greece in Euro 2004 feel to it where they just won the whole thing in that manner. Absolutely disappointing end to the Champions League and a boring game as well.