• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Soccer Thread

~Nicole~

Banned
Now that Arsenal have agreed a fee of 19 million euros for Song, we have a very formidable team, probably even better than the squad Pep had to work with, so Barca's looking good for the new season, here's a prediction of the regular Starting IX:

4-3-3

Valdes
Alves
Puyol/Song
Pique
Alba
Busquets
Xavi
Iniesta/Cesc
Sanchez
Leo Messi
Villa

Ninjames

NOT JACK WILSHIRE
You guys seem to be rating Stoke rather highly, maybe without European football we might not fall off in the middle of the season... and apparently we bought Michael Kightly.

I've rated Stoke highly ever since they got promoted to the top flight 4-5 years ago now. They've stayed up since and they've done well for themselves. Adapted nicely to the challenges of the Premier League.

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Crazy day of football, shame I missed Match of the Day, I'll have to catch it tomorrow morning. Can definitely say I did not see Fulham and Swansea winning 5-0!

As far as Arsenal goes, could've been a better start than a 0-0, but I think our unit will gel soon enough. Could've been a lot worse! Especially since Spurs lost =D

On a random side note, I've been simulating Football Manager 2012 to see what happens when the game plays itself. I'm in the year 2015, and there have been many humorous consequences, such as Mancini leading Man City to a league and UCL double, then leaving for Barcelona and getting another league and UCL double, Alex McLeish and Louis van Gaal keep whoring themselves to every Premier League club around, David Moyes has sunk to managing Leeds United in the Championship and Andre Villas Boas went through clubs to wind up at League One Middlesbrough. Every Premier League club has changed their manager at least once, except for Stoke City, who seem to be enjoying things with Tony Pulis still around.

Rezzo

Occasionally
Crazy day of football, shame I missed Match of the Day, I'll have to catch it tomorrow morning. Can definitely say I did not see Fulham and Swansea winning 5-0!

What you should say is you didn't see QPR and Norwich losing 5-0. Both of those teams defended like sticks, especially QPR, it was ridiculous. Their fixture next week should be either a goal-fest or the worst match ever.

As for Football Manager, that's hilarious, so much for a realistic simulator! Then again this is the same game that makes goalkeepers in lower league utterly useless if the ball doesn't land at their feet, and even then...

I also joined the Fantasy League that you guys created.

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Same old Liverpool, same old Arsenal. Nothing much to say about them. However I'm surprised at Fulham, Swansea, QPR and West Brom. I predicted Fulham to finish 9th, but after seeing that Clint Dempsey looking to leave, they suddenly became my dark horses for relegation and they were bit of a one man team with him. Yet, they won so comprehensively. I also thought Swansea would struggle as teams were getting used to their style of play, they had lost Joe Allen and might lose Sinclair and also they had a new manager. I also thought QPR would do good with their new signings. How wrong was I.....and i tipped West Brom to get relegated as Steve Clarke is only a coach and not a proper manager. However, West Brom seemed very dangerous and fluent and dominated Liverpool, who i thought would do good with Brendan Rodgers. I know its only one match, but so far, a lot of teams have surprised me.

Joined the SPPF league. I had Nathan Dyer on my team, but changed to Danny Guthrie at the last minute, as he was less expensive and was going to play two games in a single gameweek. FML. I'm also surprised that despite Swansea winning 5-0, Danny Graham didnt get a single goal or assist. I also left Ba on the bench for some weird reason. Hazard's my captain, and although he's still unproven, he should be in the mix of the Chelsea attack, and should get goals and assists against Wigan and Reading. Whats good is, he'll also get points for clean sheets.

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
The rejects team

The thing with QPR is that they are essentially just gathering rejects from the bigger teams. What they've built isn't really a team but more of an assortment of players who feel they might have something to prove but ultimately just aren't good enough.

Ninjames

NOT JACK WILSHIRE
The thing with QPR is that they are essentially just gathering rejects from the bigger teams. What they've built isn't really a team but more of an assortment of players who feel they might have something to prove but ultimately just aren't good enough.

You're right, QPR are just rummaging through the bargain bin of unwanted players.

~Nicole~

Banned
What a cracker of a start to the season!!! FC Barcelona 5-1 Sociedad. Check the goal Villa scored too. This is perhaps the best I've ever seen Barcelona play to be honest, if we play like this for the rest of the season we could actually win everything again like with Pep in his first season!!! I'm soo excited, especially since Valencia drew with Madrid 1-1!!! Alex Song has signed a 5 year contract with Barca.

ToeyJoey

The Count
United got beat by Everton, honestly surprised, RVP didn't even start. De Gea apparently had a good game though.

KickAsh

halted development
Maybe Everton will start as strong as they usually finish.
Newcastle beat Spurs! Awesome!!

Lol this is entirely true

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Everton can realistically contend for the top 4. They just need to have a good start. Last season Newcastle did it, and Everton could very much be a contender.

Disappointed with Man United's performance, but it was a tough game and should be a wake-up call. Carrick and Valencia had to play defence, along with Vidic who had just come back after 10 months of injury. Somehow, we always have a defensive crisis, but when rio, jones, evans and smalling get fit, it will be better. Kagawa and De Gea were brilliant though. Last week showed that the two Manchester clubs are not completely ahead of the pack and this year looks to be competitive. Last season was one of the best in PL history, with the final day drama, hopefully this season will be as good!

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Well, this weekend has just shown that the Premier League is once again going to be very open. I remember a few years ago with the top four always being Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool, and the promoted teams mostly going down, and Kevin Keegan exclaiming the Premier League would become 'one of the predictable but great leagues'. Well I'd hardly say it's predictable now, with Tottenham, Liverpool and Man Utd all losing, Arsenal drawing at home and Man City only just managing a narrow win. Possibly we'll see even more upsets this season, I love it already.

Chelsea will be big players this season I think, I reckon them along with Man City and Man Utd will compete for the Premier League. As much as I'd love to see Arsenal doing it too I doubt they will, but they can definitely go for fourth, I think perhaps Tottenham and Liverpool will have to get used to their new setups. Maybe Everton, Newcastle or even Fulham can sneak in their places? Who knows...

I thought QPR would be okay this season, but their 5-0 drubbing suggests otherwise. Likely I thought West Brom would just fall short but they've already won 3-0. Shows what I know, or anyone else for that matter. Swansea and Aston Villa will be okay this season I think.

~Nicole~

Banned
Two days before Barcelona VS Real Madrid, everyone brace yourselves!!!! It's funny how Madrid beat us one time in April and everyone kept talking about '' Ohhh the balance of power has shifted '' and '' oh it's the end of an era '' but when we beat Madrid hands down ( especially if we play like we played against Sociedad, we'll rout them ) everyone'll see just what's changed and what hasn't.

abrar14

Statter Master
El Classico is pretty much the only La Liga game i watch so im pretty exicted. But expect to see Diving and lots of it.

Ninjames

NOT JACK WILSHIRE
Surprised that Barcelona have bought Song. I didn't even know he was supposed to be a good player.

Disappointed that the Red Devils lost to Everton but there you go. I've always had a soft spot for Everton so I don't mind much. Plus I hear that Kagawa is looking like a really decent player and fits in really well with the team.

Irritated to see that many people are attacking van Persie about his performance in the game. Firstly, he's only just signed for us. He will have done little training with the rest of the team and he only played for 20 minutes anyway.

I also don't understand the argument that "Arsenal must have known something was wrong with van Persie so that's why they sold him on." Yeah, I'm sure it had nothing to do with his contract expiring or anything.