• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Soccer Thread

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Last season, Rooney would have been a big miss for us. This season he' still a massive loss, but we have players to cope for him. Just hoping RVP stays fit. Also hoping for Welbeck and Hernandez to get opportunites. As for Berbatov, i really hope he leaves. I'm a massive fan, but Ferguson obviously is not. I hope he goes to Spurs, his old club where he truly shined. I reckon he could give Defoe and Adebayor a run for their money. He's still top class.

abrar14

Statter Master
It's unfortunate thar Berbatov doesn't get used. He used to be amazing for spurs

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
Personally I think Berbatov is still good now but his style of play is not one that will endear him to managers and fans alike.

Ninjames

NOT JACK WILSHIRE
We should let Berbatov go. I'm surprised we haven't done so already. I'm really disappointed with the way Sir Alex has treated him and I feel sorry for the guy. We treat our strikers so unfairly sometimes. We'll find a good partnership and then shelf the other players (used to be Rooney and Hernandez, now it's Rooney and Welbeck.)

Poor Berba. Wasn't he a huge Man Utd fan too when he was a kid? I'm sure I read that somewhere. If it's true it makes it even worse. Imagine being treated like that by the club you used to adore.

abrar14

Statter Master
Just goes to show how united treat strikers. Berba should've gone to Madrid who also wanted it.

ShinyHaxorus

I'm was thinking Arsenal would of took Berba as part of the RVP deal, I think he'd be a great player for them. In the Arsenal Stoke game its 85 mins gone and niether Podolski or Giroud look like they could hit a house with a football and don't get me started on Gervinho. Surely Alex Song wasn't that integral to the way they play?

ToeyJoey

The Count
I'd have hoped we'd beat Arsenal at the Britannia, but I suppose I can live with a point.

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
And a thumbs down to Stoke fans booing Aaron Ramsey

Arsenal really should have at least taken all three points here, that being said I was more disappointed about them not beating Sunderland than I am about not beating Stoke. I wouldn't say their season is over on the basis of 2 games as defensively I don't think Arsenal look too bad but we'll have to wait until Arsenal go up against a better attacking force than Stoke/Sunderland to have a concrete opinion.

Attacking wise there really does need to be more cohesion but I imagine that will come after playing a few more games together.

ShinyHaxorus

I wouldn't say their season is over on the basis of 2 games as defensively I don't think Arsenal look too bad but we'll have to wait until Arsenal go up against a better attacking force than Stoke/Sunderland to have a concrete opinion.

Attacking wise there really does need to be more cohesion but I imagine that will come after playing a few more games together.

My thoughts exactly, I'd like to see them play Chelsea, United or City before you can really say the strikers are pants or not, thing is they're going to have to start scoring soon to prove to the Arsenal faithful that they can cut it, persoanlly I don't think Giroud and Podolski will score as many combined as RVP did last season, I hope I'm wrong though because I really respect the football the gooners play.

Predictions on the L'pool City match? I'm going for 3-2 to City (boo!!) Balotelli to bag one and Tevez to get the other 2 for City and I think Borini and Suarez will score for 'Pool.

Fenix

Tremulant
We should let Berbatov go. I'm surprised we haven't done so already. I'm really disappointed with the way Sir Alex has treated him and I feel sorry for the guy. We treat our strikers so unfairly sometimes. We'll find a good partnership and then shelf the other players (used to be Rooney and Hernandez, now it's Rooney and Welbeck.)

Poor Berba. Wasn't he a huge Man Utd fan too when he was a kid? I'm sure I read that somewhere. If it's true it makes it even worse. Imagine being treated like that by the club you used to adore.
yeah you should have. I always thought he did a huge mistake to go to the PL, he could have been so successfull in a league like Seria A or La Liga. His "very refined" style of play doesnt really suit PL's very physically demanding and fast football.

In other new (I seem to literally be the only one in this thread that cares about italian football) we spent 7M euros and Gave Cassano to get get Pazzini. That is right after we sold our two best players (Ibra and Silva) and a big chunk of our veterans left. You could say I am NOT hopeful for this season :[.

synthetica

A Failed Experiment
Terrible mistakes in deffence by Liverpool today. They just gifted City the point. Still, it was a good game to watch, Sterling in particular had a great game. He's going to be an amazing player.

Jinvaani

Why the hell did Stoke fans boo Aaron Ramsey?!

I thought Shawcross broke Ramsey's leg, not the other way round. Am I missing something here? :/?

Also, good result for City.

fango pango

You're My Man Of War
yeah you should have. I always thought he did a huge mistake to go to the PL, he could have been so successfull in a league like Seria A or La Liga. His "very refined" style of play doesnt really suit PL's very physically demanding and fast football.

Well if I remember correct Berbatov did very well with Tottenham, his move to Man U was like Torres goin to Chelsea, looks appealing on paper, but a dissapointing result

(Note I do know Torres is doing good at the moment with Matteo as manager, but before that, hardly anything)

ShinyHaxorus

Result of the first game of the season just in, Milan 0-1 Sampdoria.

I hate being right sometimes.

Ouch, do they look like the money is going to actually be invested back in to the club, Silva and Ibra will be nearly impossible to replace, I hear Berbatov's going on the cheap ;)

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Shame Arsenal can't friggin score at the moment, but we've been through patches like this before, so I'm not worried. Can't be much worse than last year's start.