• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Soccer Thread

~Nicole~

Banned
La Liga Predictions for the weekend:

Malaga 2-0 Rayo Vallecano
Barcelona 5-1 Celta Vigo
Real Madrid 4-1 Real Zaragoza
Valencia 2-3 Atletico Madrid
Real Sociedad 2-1 Espanyol
Deportivo La Coruna 3-1 Mallorca
Osasuna 1-1 Valladolid
Granada 0-3 Athletic Bilbao
Sevilla 2-2 Levante
Getafe 1-2 Real Betis

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Great day, nine goal thriller in London, and more importantly the Spuds are dumped out of the cup! Liverpool too, suddenly Arsenal are second favourite for the trophy, of course that means absolutely nothing.

Armando Payne

^Aren't they drawn against the favourites, Bradford. I want Bradford to win just because we'd then have a 4th Tier Side reaching Europe.

Buuz

Smash Trainer
My Arceus, PSV was horrible. We won 3-1 but it was a close call. Against freakin' amateurs! I wonder who the REAL amateurs were because in my eyes, there were 22 instead of 11 n00bs on the field. Blegh. >.<

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
Capital One Cup quarter-final draw:

Leeds v Chelsea

Swansea v Middlesbrough

Norwich v Aston Villa

Bradford v Arsenal

Arsenal have never had an easier chance to end their trophy drought (well, except that Birmingham final). On paper Arsenal should be beating all the other teams except Chelsea, if Chelsea can get knocked out before Arsenal face them that would be ideal but if not the the finals would be the best time to face them although facing them in a two legged semi final may give them the chance to rectify mistakes in the case of a poor first leg.

It may be a nothing trophy to a club of Arsenal's stature but they should take the opportunity should it arises as the benefits would make it worthwhile.

Ninjames

NOT JACK WILSHIRE
Some Man United-fans made a banner saying "Chelsea FC - caring about racism since last Sunday", hahaha! :D

There was also one that said something like "Clattenburg; Referee. Leader. Legend." Ohohohohohohoho.

Will never be as good as the time that United fan went to Anfield for the Liverpool v Spurs game, sat amongst the Liverpool fans and hung a "M.U.F.C 19 TIMES" banner over the side of the stands. There's a picture here.

Buuz

Smash Trainer
Meanwhile, in the Netherlands, the head of the Eredivisie lost to a team somewhere in the middle of the second highest league, the Jupiler League. Surprising? I think not, the higher ranked teams sucked hard the past few days. Feyenoord is next, let's see how they will do.

7 tyranitars

Meanwhile, in the Netherlands, the head of the Eredivisie lost to a team somewhere in the middle of the second highest league, the Jupiler League. Surprising? I think not, the higher ranked teams sucked hard the past few days. Feyenoord is next, let's see how they will do.

I think it has more to do with Mcclarens mentality though. He says he cares about the cup and the Europe League but he doesn't. He wants to focus on winning the title.

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
PL Predos!

Man Utd 3-2 Arsenal
Fulham 2-1 Everton
Norwich 2-0 Stoke
Sunderland 0-0 Aston Villa
Swansea 1-1 Chelsea
Tottenham 3-0 Wigan
West Ham 2-3 Man City
QPR 3-1 Reading
Liverpool 1-2 Newcastle
West Brom 3-1 Southampton

Buuz

Smash Trainer
I think it has more to do with Mcclarens mentality though. He says he cares about the cup and the Europe League but he doesn't. He wants to focus on winning the title.

Yeah, remember last season? During the quarter finals of the Europe League, he started with a far weaker team that he could have done. Maybe he's done it again..

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Couldn't sleep so I watched Los Angeles Galaxy 2-1 Vancouver Whitecaps. I found it amusing that to mark the ten-yard line they used spray paint.

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Reading 5-7 Arsenal and Chelsea 5-4 Manchester United. Because f*ck defending, thats why! :p

My predictions for today:

Man Utd 3-2 Arsenal
Fulham 2-2 Everton
Norwich 1-1 Stoke
Sunderland 1-0 Aston Villa
Swansea 1-2 Chelsea
Tottenham 3-0 Wigan
West Ham 1-1 Man City
QPR 2-1 Reading
Liverpool 1-1 Newcastle
West Brom 3-1 Southampton

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
You know what I'm getting fed up of as an Arsenal fan? So many stupid defensive mistakes. It's not that we have bad defenders, it's that they keep making dumb errors that give away cheap goals. It's not like this is a problem just for this season, as long as I've supported Arsenal they've always been known for giving away stupid goals from individual errors, but from what I can recall, most of our goals against have been very avoidable, notably:

Southampton at home
Man City away
Chelsea at home (BOTH goals)
Norwich away
Man Utd away (first goal)

Don't even get me started on the Reading game.

It's not something Wenger or Bould can improve upon in the sense of better defending, but it's definitely a mentality thing, and it seems to affect every Arsenal player at some point, and I'm sick of it.

Though to be honest I don't mind losing to Man Utd, they played really well today, but as a collective set of results, it's not looking particularly rosy. We need a good result at Schalke midweek.

EDIT: On another note, first shock of the FA Cup already, with Hereford beating Shrewsbury and old boss Graham Turner.

Last edited:

Buuz

Smash Trainer
It's just past midnight here, and i've just returned from PSV. We won 4-0 and our rival Ajax lost 0-2 to Vitesse. Sure that's nice, but it would help us better if that match ended in a draw. Ah well, if Twente loses to Feyenoord tomorrow (within approximately 14 hours), PSV will be at the top of the Eredivisie. Lucky for us, Feyenoord is in much better shape than Twente lately.