• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Soccer Thread

Buuz

Smash Trainer
Meanwhile in the Netherlands, PSV defeats ADO with 1-6. Some pretty nice goals and good play by PSV. Next are the tougher opponents like Vitesse, Ajax and FC Twente. I say: bring it on!

Bobski

Let's do our best!
I always want to see PSV do well, good set of players

~Nicole~

Banned
So today Barca beat Zaragoza 3-1 with a brace from Leo Messi while Madrid thumped Bilbao 5-1 with Ronaldo not scoring, so Barca still 8 points above Madrid.

Norwich 1-0 Manchester United o_O Who the f*** would've predicted THAT scoreline. The Arsenal 5-2 Tottenham one to, it took me about 5 minutes to soak that one in when I saw it!

Buuz

Smash Trainer
So today Barca beat Zaragoza 3-1 with a brace from Leo Messi while Madrid thumped Bilbao 5-1 with Ronaldo not scoring, so Barca still 8 points above Madrid.

Norwich 1-0 Manchester United o_O Who the f*** would've predicted THAT scoreline. The Arsenal 5-2 Tottenham one to, it took me about 5 minutes to soak that one in when I saw it!

And just when i thought ManU was doing so well. What the heck... o.0

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
United were poor, but Norwich were outstanding. Their defence is actually pretty solid this season, unlike last season where it was impossible for them to keep a clean sheet. Another team that deserves plaudits is West Brom. At one point they had 79% possession and they're 4th now, only one point behind Chelsea!

Ninjames

NOT JACK WILSHIRE
Yeah I suppose our game was made more difficult with Norwich's much improved defence but we still should have won that game. I'm fed up of being so inconsistent this season, why do we always have to concede before we wake up and start playing? Comebacks are all well and good but something like this was just waiting to happen.

Armando Payne

^But what I think was the most surprising was Arsenal winning, it must've been their first win since, like 2010.

~Nicole~

Banned
Quite a couple of times Barca have had to make comebacks, examples are against Real Madrid twice, Osasuna, Sevilla, against Spartak Moscow and against Celtic. It's kinda frustrating, and United have had to come back like 8 times already in all competitions too, unlike our 6, so I kinda understand your frustration, lol

Last edited:

Buuz

Smash Trainer
Wonder why Nicole has been banned. Anyway...

Looking forward to the upcoming football matches. As well in Netherlands as in other European countries. Let's root for our favourite teams to do well. And i read an article on Rangers FC in the papers this afternoon. Playing in the Third Division but still having over 3000 visitors for each match. Now those people like football. No, LOVE football.

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
^ Maybe they don't, they just love their club that much, which I must admit takes some dedication.

We can all say that we love our clubs no matter what, but it's not until the really bad times come that the men are separated from the boys.

7 tyranitars

Wonder why Nicole has been banned. Anyway...

Looking forward to the upcoming football matches. As well in Netherlands as in other European countries. Let's root for our favourite teams to do well. And i read an article on Rangers FC in the papers this afternoon. Playing in the Third Division but still having over 3000 visitors for each match. Now those people like football. No, LOVE football.

Lol I've read something about Advocaat not caring about the Europa league and saying the title is more important, I can't blame him.

Buuz

Smash Trainer
^ Maybe they don't, they just love their club that much, which I must admit takes some dedication.

We can all say that we love our clubs no matter what, but it's not until the really bad times come that the men are separated from the boys.

Sorry for bringing up my own club again, but i totally went through a situation like this. Last year against FC Twente during a home match. We were evenly matched before the match, had good hopes of winning too. But after 45 minutes PSV conceided 4 goals, losing the match 2-6. During the 15 minute break, a lot of people left as well as during the second half. The other half stayed in the stadium, no matter how painful the situation was. I was only of the people who stayed to watch that horrorshow. It's just like you said, situations like these seperate ''fans'' from the REAL fans.

Lol I've read something about Advocaat not caring about the Europa league and saying the title is more important, I can't blame him.

Agreed. The prize money in the Europe League sucks compared to the Champions League. Only thing that's important now is winning the title. And nothing else.

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Sorry for bringing up my own club again, but i totally went through a situation like this. Last year against FC Twente during a home match. We were evenly matched before the match, had good hopes of winning too. But after 45 minutes PSV conceided 4 goals, losing the match 2-6. During the 15 minute break, a lot of people left as well as during the second half. The other half stayed in the stadium, no matter how painful the situation was. I was only of the people who stayed to watch that horrorshow. It's just like you said, situations like these seperate ''fans'' from the REAL fans.

I kinda meant long-term, but that's a great short-term example. And for the record I will never ever leave a match early, and will encourage any offspring I may have to do the same. It baffles me why you would pay for a game only to leave early when the whole game can hinge on one minute.

Ninjames

NOT JACK WILSHIRE
I kinda meant long-term, but that's a great short-term example. And for the record I will never ever leave a match early, and will encourage any offspring I may have to do the same. It baffles me why you would pay for a game only to leave early when the whole game can hinge on one minute.

Exactly. I've never been to a football match but if I were to go I'd stay for the full ninety minutes no matter what. I'm not a die-hard football fan but I do recognise that if you decide to seriously support a team you don't just bail out when things are looking bad. That really does look like you only care about your team, care about watching a match when your side is winning.

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
I'm one of those people that gets really into the games I go to, even if it's between two completely random teams I don't follow, and I find it odd when I stay longer than the supposed 'fans'.

Plus there's just the plain fact that it's football, and anything can happen, so if you leave early odds are you're going to miss a last minute goal or something.

EDIT: Champions League predictions:

Juventus 2-2 Chelsea
Nordsjaelland 0-3 Shakhtar Donetsk
BATE Borisov 2-1 Lille
Valencia 1-1 Bayern Munich
Spartak Moscow 1-2 Barcelona
Benfica 1-1 Celtic
CFR Cluj-Napoca 1-1 Braga
Galatasaray 1-1 Man Utd

Dynamo Kiev 2-1 Paris SG
FC Porto 5-0 Din Zagreb
Arsenal 3-1 Montpellier
Schalke 04 0-0 Olympiakos
Zenit St P'sbg 2-1 Malaga
Anderecht 1-1 AC Milan
Ajax 1-1 Borussia Dortmund
Man City 1-1 Real Madrid

Last edited:

Ninjames

NOT JACK WILSHIRE
I'm one of those people that gets really into the games I go to, even if it's between two completely random teams I don't follow, and I find it odd when I stay longer than the supposed 'fans'.

Plus there's just the plain fact that it's football, and anything can happen, so if you leave early odds are you're going to miss a last minute goal or something.

EDIT: Champions League predictions:

Juventus 2-2 Chelsea
Nordsjaelland 0-3 Shakhtar Donetsk
BATE Borisov 2-1 Lille
Valencia 1-1 Bayern Munich
Spartak Moscow 1-2 Barcelona
Benfica 1-1 Celtic
CFR Cluj-Napoca 1-1 Braga
Galatasaray 1-1 Man Utd

Dynamo Kiev 2-1 Paris SG
FC Porto 5-0 Din Zagreb
Arsenal 3-1 Montpellier
Schalke 04 0-0 Olympiakos
Zenit St P'sbg 2-1 Malaga
Anderecht 1-1 AC Milan
Ajax 1-1 Borussia Dortmund
Man City 1-1 Real Madrid

Aren't City playing Borussia Dortmund instead of Real this week?

7 tyranitars