• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Soccer Thread

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
I feel your pain. We had to cancel ours months ago. Sucks missing out on Premier League and some Champions League games. :(

Portuguese TV only airs the league games in a paid channel and we don't have it, so I also feel ya bro ;(

Flamer

Newcastle 3 - 2 Chelsea

...can't believe thats just happened. Poor first half from us, (again), but after coming out and getting in front after half time I really thought we were on course to win this one. Playing some very good stuff but after Newcastle's equaliser it just fell away again. Not sure how much of it is Rafa and how much the players, but there seems to be so little belief at the moment. Know its a bit cliched but look at Sissoko's performance compared to that of Mata, Oscar and Bertrand and you'll see what I mean. Mata and Oscar, (and Hazard) may be ridiculously talented players, but they're lack of willingness to press the ball and get back and defend is really costing us. Can't believe I'm saying this, but could really do with Mikel getting back from the African Nations soon and Luiz being fit again. Need a bit of solidity in our midfield.

ToeyJoey

The Count
Obviously must say well done to Arsenal, we can't camp so many men behind the ball and hold out of 90 minutes, it's too difficult. Especially against skillful, passing teams. Still, not worried and can't complain, 10 points for 40 and virtual safety, didn't lose any players. Always happy with Tony. (Except sending Delap out on loan...)

ToeyJoey

The Count
Why didn't they have Steven Pienaar? Not that he's great at taking penalties, I've never seen him, but I wanted them to win for no particular reason...

(Also we signed Jack Butland. Who wants Begovic?)

Armando Payne

Is Granada the first ever team to win a game without having a shot on target?

7 tyranitars

Psv won 7-0 from Ado last night, PSV scored the most goals (73) of any european competition, with Barcelona second at 71 goals.

To compare in the Eredivisie Ajax scored the second most goals but they are only at 47.

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
^ Need to start watching Eredivisie a bit now!

Cracking game between Man City and Liverpool, great goals scored by Gerrard and Aguero. It's a shame Spurs won though, (curse Bale..)

Armando Payne

Burkina Faso are in the Semis and an Elephant got poached thus causing the eagle to fly away.

Buuz

Smash Trainer
Psv won 7-0 from Ado last night, PSV scored the most goals (73) of any european competition, with Barcelona second at 71 goals.

To compare in the Eredivisie Ajax scored the second most goals but they are only at 47.

I was there. Saw six out of seven goals happening right in front me during the second half. What a great match, now we have to play against Vitesse next week. They were doing well before the winterbreak, but have been out of shape lately. Lucky for them and unlucky for PSV fans, Wilfried Bony returns from the Africa cup. He really gives his team a boost.

Buuz

Smash Trainer
^ Need to start watching Eredivisie a bit now!

Cracking game between Man City and Liverpool, great goals scored by Gerrard and Aguero. It's a shame Spurs won though, (curse Bale..)

You really should. The skill level isn't as high as in England or Spain, but we have very exciting matches.

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
You really should. The skill level isn't as high as in England or Spain, but we have very exciting matches.

Yeah I really should, footytube is my friend for that since the Eredisivie I think is only shown here in the UK on ESPN (Which I don't have anyway..). Check out Ajax and PSV and such.

New match fixing scandal, people are just awful, aren't they?

Yeah 380 games over 3-4 years being investigated into, including games in England which is a little surprising. I wonder how many Juventus games are found of match fixing? They've had the most coverage for scandals since being stripped of titles and relegated.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
Mexico vs Jamaica! I forgot who the US is playing, oh wait Honduras.

The US better keep their guard up, they are playing in Honduras and they will not be easy.

Last edited:

Buuz

Smash Trainer
Yeah I really should, footytube is my friend for that since the Eredisivie I think is only shown here in the UK on ESPN (Which I don't have anyway..). Check out Ajax and PSV and such.

Yeah 380 games over 3-4 years being investigated into, including games in England which is a little surprising. I wonder how many Juventus games are found of match fixing? They've had the most coverage for scandals since being stripped of titles and relegated.

Wasn't Fenerbache in Turkey involved in a huge scandal as well?

7 tyranitars

I would like to add to that, that quite a few stars have played in the Eredivisie in the past.

7 tyranitars