• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Soccer Thread

Hilda

Besiktas got another year of ban from European competitions for the second year in a row. What is this Turkophobia Europe has? It is utter ********. The former football player of Istanbul Büyükşehir Belediyespor called Ibrahim Akın was accused of agreeing to fixing the match of the 2011 Turkish Cup between Besiktas and his team. This is a ridicoulous accusation! Ibrahim Akın scored, and did an assist in that match, not to mention that he made the match a living hell for us Besiktas fans. He even scored at the penalty shoot-out (it was a 2-2 draw with no goals on the extra time). Can a guy who almost won their team a cup single-handedly takep part in match-fixing?

You want more proof of this? Besiktas received the ban, yet UEFA have asked for extra documents for the people of Besiktas they accused of doing a fix. So, they couldn't decide if they have done a fix yet the club still gets the ban? What if they deem those people innocent (they are innocent, but I doubt they will anyway) who did the fix? The water guy? The cleaning guy? Pffftt......

I hope Besiktas gets what it wants at CAS and at that thing they have to resort to prior to that.

Nightmareisalive

Besiktas got another year of ban from European competitions for the second year in a row. What is this Turkophobia Europe has? It is utter ********. The former football player of Istanbul Büyükşehir Belediyespor called Ibrahim Akın was accused of agreeing to fixing the match of the 2011 Turkish Cup between Besiktas and his team. This is a ridicoulous accusation! Ibrahim Akın scored, and did an assist in that match, not to mention that he made the match a living hell for us Besiktas fans. He even scored at the penalty shoot-out (it was a 2-2 draw with no goals on the extra time). Can a guy who almost won their team a cup single-handedly takep part in match-fixing?

You want more proof of this? Besiktas received the ban, yet UEFA have asked for extra documents for the people of Besiktas they accused of doing a fix. So, they couldn't decide if they have done a fix yet the club still gets the ban? What if they deem those people innocent (they are innocent, but I doubt they will anyway) who did the fix? The water guy? The cleaning guy? Pffftt......

I hope Besiktas gets what it wants at CAS and at that thing they have to resort to prior to that.

Well that's really something else. I heard about this match fixing in Turkey didn't Fenerbahce also get banned from europe? I have little idea what its about but f they are guilty they got to be punished problem is though its uefa that are dishing out the problems and they aren't very reliable at all (unless your french or Barcelona to an extent).

It's gonna be interesting how this all goes down there is a lot of match fixing at the minute I heard Juve are also meant to be in the act again.

Nightmareisalive

So what's all this about Lionel Messi and tax evasion?

It supposed to be for a few years he hasn't paid all his taxes. He's meant to owe the Spanish government 3.4 million ( i think its for each year or in total not sure). He says he has paid all tax
though it hard to know if he's at fault or his father for he was meant to be in charge of them. If he's found guilty he will have to serve six years in prison.

I heard though Messi said he's innocent but is gonna pay the charge anyway (which could be over 30 million and can avoid jail if he does so)so really the question is he innocent or not.

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Wish they'd just get on and decide what's going on with Fenerbahce. Guilty or not the fact that it's taking several years to reach a conclusion is very strange.

The realisation that match fixing in football is probably more common than we know saddens me. There's still that massive European investigation as far as I know.

EDIT: I'm also saddened by the realisation that I can't spell realisation.

Last edited:

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
It supposed to be for a few years he hasn't paid all his taxes. He's meant to owe the Spanish government 3.4 million ( i think its for each year or in total not sure). He says he has paid all tax
though it hard to know if he's at fault or his father for he was meant to be in charge of them. If he's found guilty he will have to serve six years in prison.

I heard though Messi said he's innocent but is gonna pay the charge anyway (which could be over 30 million and can avoid jail if he does so)so really the question is he innocent or not.
Do you think this will tarnish his reputation if it hasn't already?

Nightmareisalive

Do you think this will tarnish his reputation if it hasn't already?

Who knows it's still on going though I think it will be very hard for him to keep his perfect image after all this if he's found guilty or he does pay the 30 million and still claim to be innocent. Though he's a footballer he will be remembered for his reputation on the pitch not off it so as long as his form doesn't drop he should be fine.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
Who knows it's still on going though I think it will be very hard for him to keep his perfect image after all this if he's found guilty or he does pay the 30 million and still claim to be innocent. Though he's a footballer he will be remembered for his reputation on the pitch not off it so as long as his form doesn't drop he should be fine.

Yeah, Like with Diego. He was involved with the mafia yet people turned the other cheek. I think it might affect his form if only slightly, like with Tiger Woods.

Rezzuréct

Allez Les Bleus!
So, Isco agreed terms with Real Madrid. Don Carlo first signing though. He's a quality player I think. He has proven his skills in U21 Euro a week ago. That would be a great combination of Ozil and Isco at Madrid.

Spain trough into the final of Confederations Cup after won against Italy. 7-6 after penalty. They will face Brazil in final. That would be an interesting match to see how Dani Alves faces his teammates from Barca, like Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc and others. I think it will be a great match to see.

Ninjames

NOT JACK WILSHIRE

"Lionel Messi, you are charged with tax evasion."
"Wait I'm innocent!"
"Oh. So you paid your taxes then?"
"...No."

On a serious note, what reason might there be for him to be innocent? If he didn't pay his taxes then wouldn't he be guilty of tax evasion?

Nightmareisalive

"Lionel Messi, you are charged with tax evasion."
"Wait I'm innocent!"
"Oh. So you paid your taxes then?"
"...No."

On a serious note, what reason might there be for him to be innocent? If he didn't pay his taxes then wouldn't he be guilty of tax evasion?

It's hard to know. Word is he has money paid into over sea accounts go that's how he's meant to off avoided paying most of it I think and that may where the problem might come from. It's confusing really all I read is that he says he has paid his taxes the government said he hasn't.

Also while not my country England under 20's where eliminated from the world cup.

Nightmareisalive

So Brazil won 3-0. Real good game it looked like Spain were going to get nothing after Luis cleared that ball and have Naymer score right after it. Missed pen says it all really it was meant to be Brazil' s night and Spain weren't going to ruin that.

Interesting how people are now saying Spain are finished a bit to early for that especially the people saying that are the ones who said Brazil would do poorly in this tournament.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
So Brazil won 3-0. Real good game it looked like Spain were going to get nothing after Luis cleared that ball and have Naymer score right after it. Missed pen says it all really it was meant to be Brazil' s night and Spain weren't going to ruin that.

Interesting how people are now saying Spain are finished a bit to early for that especially the people saying that are the ones who said Brazil would do poorly in this tournament.
Neymar is the biggest flopper I have ever seen. So do you guys really think he will be the next Brazilian superstar or will he share the same fate as Robinho? Also I'm pretty sure Shakira made Piqué sleep on the couch after that red card, lol.

Neymar is the biggest flopper I have ever seen. So do you guys really think he will be the next Brazilian superstar or will he share the same fate as Robinho? Also I'm pretty sure Shakira made Piqué sleep on the couch after that red card, lol.

Neymar is good enough IMHO but he is a natural born diver and his level of success is hard to determine at the moment. I dont think that his fate is that of robinho's but still i dont think he'll rule the world like ronaldinho or pele. He'll be a good player at Barca for a while, but i dont think world domination is on the cards for him. But he was good vs. Spain and Fred. Fred. What a guy! Well done Brazil!

Nightmareisalive

I can't disagree more I think he'll probably be one of the best players of this generation. He's quick, got the skill and finish ability needed to change a game.He might need sometime to settle into Barca and work with Messi but when they click Barca could easily win the champions league again (though their defense is the main issue) the only problem is people (mostly in England) are quick to jump onto someone's back after one bad game so how he deals with that when it happens will decide his career.

He might not be better than Messi and he won't win the world cup by herself but he's the type of player that increases Brazil's chances so much. I say without him Brazil would struggle to get into the quarter finals depending on the team they get in the round of 16 without him.

Rezzuréct

Allez Les Bleus!
BVB finally signed Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang. A replacement for Robert Lewandowski maybe? It makes sense to me. Aubameyang is a talented youngster. Shines in Ligue 1 last season. He has huge potential to be a very good player.

Anyway, some sources said that Gonzalo Higuain signed long terms contract with Arsenal worth about £23m. Wow. If that really happening, Wenger finally sign a quality player. Higuain scores about 20 goals with Madrid last season, which is a good news for Gooners (including me). Higuain can be partnered with Giroud up front. He also can be a stand alone striker which is better than Giroud. Cazorla will provide a good ball for him. Same as Wilshere and Ramsey. If Higuain really sign for Arsenal, it will be a huge signing for Wenger.

BVB finally signed Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang. A replacement for Robert Lewandowski maybe? It makes sense to me. Aubameyang is a talented youngster. Shines in Ligue 1 last season. He has huge potential to be a very good player.

Anyway, some sources said that Gonzalo Higuain signed long terms contract with Arsenal worth about £23m. Wow. If that really happening, Wenger finally sign a quality player. Higuain scores about 20 goals with Madrid last season, which is a good news for Gooners (including me). Higuain can be partnered with Giroud up front. He also can be a stand alone striker which is better than Giroud. Cazorla will provide a good ball for him. Same as Wilshere and Ramsey. If Higuain really sign for Arsenal, it will be a huge signing for Wenger.
Higuian is exactly what arsenal need. A quality striker. Maybe if he is landed by arsenal they could get some silverware this season.
So....Tottenham have signed Paulinho from Corinthians, hes a good player. But they missed out on David Villa who will now replace Radamel Falcao at Athletico madrid.
Also, good news for United fans, Moyes says Rooney has been training well and will not be sold!

ToeyJoey

The Count