• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Soccer Thread

Ninjames

NOT JACK WILSHIRE
It could at least give them a better chance...

I remember when a website was set up which recorded the time it took for Torres to score his first goal for Chelsea. That link that you posted is quite nicely designed, but I guess they have had a lot longer to work on it.

OK OK I'll stop with the Arsenal jokes now. You'll win a trophy soon guys!

Nightmareisalive

Well that's rude lol but no if Arsenal continue the way they are right now there will be no sliverware. We need new players now! I'm sick of all these links to players we actually need them in the squad we could go from a team who just makes the top 4 to title contenders with 4 or 5 right signings.

Also be careful I say manu will struggle this season. United have done well these last few years but that was down to fergie without him I think they will struggle.

Rezzuréct

Allez Les Bleus!
Well, unless we aren't Spurs. 53 years.

Btw, Luis Suarez has been linked with Arsenal. I just can't see him playing with our jersey... Just no. And yeah, Wenger said it will be two big signings. Well just hope that he will bring real big signings.

Rezzuréct

Allez Les Bleus!
Anyway, Wilfried Bony has signed for Swansea City. He's a talented player I think. He was Ligue 1 top scorer last season. Can't wait to see him play on PL.

Also, Leroy Fer has signed for Norwich City from Twente. Netherland U-21 player and he is a wonderkid imo. Nice partner for Wes Hoolahan. He's a good passer and nice to see him play on PL.

Manectrifier

AKA Treecko
Anyway, Wilfried Bony has signed for Swansea City. He's a talented player I think. He was Ligue 1 top scorer last season. Can't wait to see him play on PL.

Also, Leroy Fer has signed for Norwich City from Twente. Netherland U-21 player and he is a wonderkid imo. Nice partner for Wes Hoolahan. He's a good passer and nice to see him play on PL.

Bony was Eredivisie top scorer actually. He played for Vitesse, the club I support. They sold the star players, Bony to Swansea and van Ginkel to Chelsea for a lot of money, but unfortunately they can`t really buy replacements, as that`s against the FIFA financial fair play rules. They spent too much money last transfer period :`(

Rezzuréct

Allez Les Bleus!
Yes. Michu will be a great partner for Bony. Swansea will be a serious contender next season. But will see what will happen next.

Buuz

Smash Trainer
Bony was Eredivisie top scorer actually. He played for Vitesse, the club I support. They sold the star players, Bony to Swansea and van Ginkel to Chelsea for a lot of money, but unfortunately they can`t really buy replacements, as that`s against the FIFA financial fair play rules. They spent too much money last transfer period :`(

I doubt Van Ginkel is going to play much at Chelsea. Most of the young Dutch talented players end up on the bench. I think Bony has a bigger chance to be an important player for his new club. And even though Strootman and Mertens moved from my favourite team PSV to Napoli and AS Roma, we will have to wait and see if they can be as important to them as they were to PSV.

Rezzuréct

Allez Les Bleus!
Ah yes, I'm sorry. I meant Eredivisie. Anyway, Maicon has just signed for AS Roma. I'm not sure if it's real or just a rumour. But I think he won't shine at Roma. I just don't know why.

7 tyranitars

I doubt Van Ginkel is going to play much at Chelsea. Most of the young Dutch talented players end up on the bench. I think Bony has a bigger chance to be an important player for his new club. And even though Strootman and Mertens moved from my favourite team PSV to Napoli and AS Roma, we will have to wait and see if they can be as important to them as they were to PSV.

Only time will tell, Mourinho said he plans on using Van Ginkel. Hopefully for him he will be an exception to the rule.

Only a few more weeks till the start of a new season, I am really looking forward to it. My club SC Cambuur, promoted to the Eredivisie last year. And I hope we don't relegate right away.

Buuz

Smash Trainer
We will see how Mr. Lodeweges handles those guys. PEC was able to surprise the competition by playing good football and evade the relegation play-offs. Maybe Cambuur will do the same. As for me, i am glad PSV finally is looking at their defenders. Bruma and Rekik have arrived in Eindhoven, as well as some youth from the club. Our poor defense is what cost us several prizes the past few years.

Rezzuréct

Allez Les Bleus!
Anyway, Man U have made a €30m bid for Barcelona's Cesc Fabregas. Well, I can't see that will be happening soon. Because you know, he said that if he come back to England, he will only join Arsenal. And he threw Man U jersey once when he still at Arsenal. Cesc has a £25m buy back clause in his contract, which means Arsenal will be the first one who will Barca accept if they make a bid for him. Otherwise, Cesc has to choose either accept or decline. So let's see what will happen next.

Latch

Funky Fresh
Anyway, Man U have made a €30m bid for Barcelona's Cesc Fabregas. Well, I can't see that will be happening soon. Because you know, he said that if he come back to England, he will only join Arsenal. And he threw Man U jersey once when he still at Arsenal. Cesc has a £25m buy back clause in his contract, which means Arsenal will be the first one who will Barca accept if they make a bid for him. Otherwise, Cesc has to choose either accept or decline. So let's see what will happen next.

Ahahaa, Suarez and Cesc on Arsenal....imagine.. & Cesc should just stay where he is, personally.

Nightmareisalive

Ahahaa, Suarez and Cesc on Arsenal....imagine.. & Cesc should just stay where he is, personally.

Would be great signings and would fill in the position of the two top players Wenger on about though I think both are unlikely. Suarez bid is meant to show Real that we won't be bullied over Hig and Cesc I think will be staying at Barca. Why would he leave when he was meant to replace Xavi so why would he leave when that chance has finally come up.

Rezzuréct

Allez Les Bleus!
Thiago overshadowed Cesc last season. But I think he doesn't want to go to other clubs. That's just my opinion. Also, I would take Higuain over Suarez. Higuain is better I think. He is a good poacher and also a clinical finisher.

Nightmareisalive

Thiago overshadowed Cesc last season. But I think he doesn't want to go to other clubs. That's just my opinion. Also, I would take Higuain over Suarez. Higuain is better I think. He is a good poacher and also a clinical finisher.

Also he isn't as much controversial than Suarez. What's the point of having a player who will in be and out of the team do to getting banned so many times.

Also Bony to Swansea is a steal. He'll score goals and if he can give a return to Swansea anywhere close to what he scored last season £!2 million will be a great bargain.