• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Soccer Thread

Rezzuréct

Allez Les Bleus!
Mirror says that Luis Suarez is ready to move to Arsenal. Mirror also says, Suarez is ready to tell Liverpool's management that he will go to Emirates. Which is a very good news to us. But, Mail says Liverpool raised the asking price to £50m. Too pricey. He doesn't worth that much I think. I prefer a £37m Higuain than a £50m Suarez.

The other news is, Sky Football says Flamengo already got Brazilian left back from Arsenal, Andre Santos. We don't need Santos because we already have Nacho, Gibbs and some players from youth.

Rezzuréct

Allez Les Bleus!
Stevan Jovetic has officially joined Manchester City. Huge blows for Wenger. He wanted him before the transfer window opened. Jovetic will wear #35. He's a talented players. He has a good skills, good control, also a poacher and a clinical finisher. Aguero-Jovetic will be a deadly duo on PL. Just wow.

Also, Lyon boss wants a swap between Gervinho and Gourcuff. Gourcuff is ok I think. We also already have Oxlade on Gerv position. But Gourcuff seems a little bit old. 27 years old midfielder could be a second choice for Wenger.

Latch

Funky Fresh
Stevan Jovetic has officially joined Manchester City. Huge blows for Wenger. He wanted him before the transfer window opened. Jovetic will wear #35. He's a talented players. He has a good skills, good control, also a poacher and a clinical finisher. Aguero-Jovetic will be a deadly duo on PL. Just wow.

Is that for real?! Man City is going to be SO good next season, I'm so excited!

Also, Lyon boss wants a swap between Gervinho and Gourcuff. Gourcuff is ok I think. We also already have Oxlade on Gerv position. But Gourcuff seems a little bit old. 27 years old midfielder could be a second choice for Wenger.

I know they have sold Tevez and Ballotelli recently, but seriously, if city do happen to win the premier league, they have bought it. Navas, Fernandinho, Negredo, Jovetic and surely more to come in one window, compared to United who have yet to make a big name signing (valera is relatively unknown). But yea Jovetic is a very good player.

Rezzuréct

Allez Les Bleus!
Santos is useless and awful. I don't mind see him go to somewhere else. Arsenal trying to get rid of 'dead wood' players on this transfer window and replace them with some youth players. I think is a great idea to have some youngster on the squad. Keep your eyes on Zelalem, Gnabry and Akpom.

Mirror says Arsenal are close to sign Brazilian midfielder from Atletico Miniero, Bernard. He cost about £21m iirc. A good backup for Mikel Arteta which is getting older by the time. He also has pace which is nice. I would like to see him wearing an Arsenal jersey next season.

ToeyJoey

The Count
Keep my eyes on Zekrom, Gastly and Aipom?

I saw Bernard and liked the way he played, but I'm not sure he's an Arteta replacement... Although what's Arsenal's midfield like... Wilshere, Cazorla, and...?

Ninjames

NOT JACK WILSHIRE
United have made an improved offer of £30 million for Cesc Fabregas.

I'm glad we're actually focussing on buying midfielders now rather than throwing money at high profile strikers that we don't really need.

Rezzuréct

Allez Les Bleus!
Arsenal have Arteta, Wilshere, Santi, Ramsey, Rosicky, Diaby, Frimpong (I think) and some youth players. Well I think we need some DM for sure. Arteta is getting older and seems both Wilshere and Ramsey can't do those things like Arteta did. I also think that we need a backup goalkeeper, a CB and a striker. I wouldn't mind if we sign Cesar, Williams and Benteke.

Hilda

How is Yilmaz doing in company with Drogba. They're both physically strong. That's a killer duo.

Burak Yilmaz has been doing good with Drogba, but he doesn't really need him to do so. I have said this before but Burak is actually better than Drogba. Burak still plays good without Drogba while Drogba gets better with Burak on his side.

Drogba's biggest contribution to Burak is his dangerous passes. Burak loves running behind the defence and simply scoring from there.

+ Besiktas and Fenerbahce are joining Europe this season. CAS temporarly stopped the decision of UEFA. They are not completely off the hook, but it is still good that they have RIGHTFULLY returned to the European competitions. UEFA is just giving bans without any grounds to satisfy their ego.

Nightmareisalive

United have made an improved offer of £30 million for Cesc Fabregas.

I'm glad we're actually focussing on buying midfielders now rather than throwing money at high profile strikers that we don't really need.

Won't happen as already said Arsenal have first refusal on his contract and get 50% of his fee if Barca sell him to another club so for Barca to break even it will cost £60 million to get him. Also Cesc has said Wenger is like his second father, has a child in London and if he left Barca for any other club (besides Arsenal ) his family would find it very hard to be welcome in the city. Doesn't make sense at all for him to go at United.

Rezzuréct

Allez Les Bleus!
I agree with Night. It doesn't make sense if Cesc to go to United in the first place. Mirror says United ready to pay Cesc £200k/week to lure him from Barca. But Arsenal have £25m buy back clause in his contract.

Mail says Arsenal are ready to make a bid again for Gonzalo Higuain with Napoli unwilling to match his £35m bid. Finally...

ToeyJoey

The Count
I'm sure there are other midfielders for United, I don't know if Rory Delap has been picked up yet...

Rezzuréct

Allez Les Bleus!
I just noticed that Napoli have signed Callejon and Albiol from Madrid. They also signed Reina. Benitez made a good move there. And they have joined the race for Valencia's Roberto Soldado. Ambitious Benitez.