• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Soccer Thread

Rezzuréct

Allez Les Bleus!
Besiktas are keen to sign Emmanuel Adebayor from Spurs. And Spurs are about to bring Roberto Soldado from Valencia. Also, Valencia are eyeing for Arsenal's Olivier Giroud to replace Soldado's position if he really on his way out. But we're not doing anything.

ToeyJoey

The Count
Hey guys, just got word that Colombian, Christian Benitez died in a car accident at age 27. Former striker from Birmingham.

Yeah, saw it on the News. Any death at a young age is tragic...

R.I.P Christian Benitez, the young Ecuadorian striker....My deepest condolences to his friends and family, it is indeed a dark day for football....

ShinyGligar

Master in training
If I were you guys I'd ignore all transfer speculation till it says a deal is done or the day of the window closing. Everything that's come out this window has been a near lie by the media hoping to spark gossip and drama. It's utter ********.

ToeyJoey

The Count
If I were you guys I'd ignore all transfer speculation till it says a deal is done or the day of the window closing. Everything that's come out this window has been a near lie by the media hoping to spark gossip and drama. It's utter ********.

What else is there to discuss right now...? Who's going to go where is as good as anything, even if it is total ********...

ToeyJoey

The Count
On a different note the Championship starts again this weekend, anyone got any picks as to who will be going up?

(Oh, and apparently Germany won the Women's Euros for the sixth consecutive time...)

ToeyJoey

The Count
Wait, what Championship is going on? I'm so out of it right now, haha.

I knew that wouldn't be clear enough... The Football League Championship? The league below the Premier League? The one QPR are now in?

Ninjames

NOT JACK WILSHIRE
Word is that Real Madrid had an £80m+ offer turned down by Tottenham for Gareth Bale. I know he's a good player but he isn't worth that much. Tottenham should have accepted the offer, they could comfortably replace Bale with two or three decent players for that amount of money.

Rezzuréct

Allez Les Bleus!
I think QPR will get the promotion this season. Bolton could get it and also Watford or Notts. My top six is QPR, Bolton, Watford, Notts, Reading and Blackpool.

Anyway, Mirror says Arsenal won't raise the bid for Luis Suarez because he doesn't worth the gamble for Wenger. Will we sign someone?

ToeyJoey

The Count
Word is that Real Madrid had an £80m+ offer turned down by Tottenham for Gareth Bale. I know he's a good player but he isn't worth that much. Tottenham should have accepted the offer, they could comfortably replace Bale with two or three decent players for that amount of money.

Ah Jack James, I've been wanting to ask you what you think about Moyes as Man U boss?

Rezzuréct

Allez Les Bleus!
Bale is now worth about £91m iirc. Spurs want £100m for him. The reason why Spurs don't want to accept maybe because Bale is a heart of the team for them, if they lose Bale, they lose their style of play.

ToeyJoey

The Count
I think QPR will get the promotion this season. Bolton could get it and also Watford or Notts. My top six is QPR, Bolton, Watford, Notts, Reading and Blackpool.

QPR will find it easy to buy their way up again, and I'd pretty much agree with that top six other than someone else for Reading. I don't see them bouncing back too well...

Anyway, Mirror says Arsenal won't raise the bid for Luis Suarez because he doesn't worth the gamble for Wenger. Will we sign someone?

Maybe not, you'll still probably benefit from Tottenham incompetence though...

Bale is now worth about £91m iirc.

Clearly this was not calculated on the Torres-Carroll scale...

ToeyJoey

The Count
And I think either QPR or Wigan will get it.

Without Roberto Martinez (greatest manager ever) I can't see Wigan coming back, as much as I loved them (despite all the points they took off us...)

Rezzuréct

Allez Les Bleus!
Maybe Birmingham or Wolves over Reading.

Yeah Bale isn't going anywhere. That will be a huge mistake if Madrid decided to buy him. But Madrid have handed a £30m-ish bid and they also added Conterao and Di Maria in order to get Bale....