• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Soccer Thread

Rezzuréct

Allez Les Bleus!
Arsenal tied 2-2 with Napoli, after 2-0 down in the first half. Podolski missed penalty. But, Giroud scored an amazing overhead kick from Walcott's corner. And then, KosTheBoss made it 2-2 in 87th mins with a header. It was a nice come back. We didn't have a proper defensive mid in the first half, and that cost us a lot. And there was an error from Jenkinson. I have to say that Napoli's Insigne was good and Reina was rock solid.

ToeyJoey

The Count
Arsenal tied 2-2 with Napoli, after 2-0 down in the first half. Podolski missed penalty. But, Giroud scored an amazing overhead kick from Walcott's corner. And then, KosTheBoss made it 2-2 in 87th mins with a header. It was a nice come back. We didn't have a proper defensive mid in the first half, and that cost us a lot. And there was an error from Jenkinson. I have to say that Napoli's Insigne was good and Reina was rock solid.

So this isn't a knock-out cup then? Group stages and all that?

ToeyJoey

The Count
Tottenham lost 5-2 to Monaco.

Saw that nobody mentioned it yet, so just throwing that out there.

I had to leave before the end so I couldn't mention it, and I now Tottenham played a lot of reserves but that Monaco team looked silky...

ToeyJoey

The Count
Well if they're getting Bale, I don't see those two gelling together, but Bale doesn't seem to have a massive ego.... Then again, Cristiano is still much better.

Latch

Funky Fresh
Well if they're getting Bale, I don't see those two gelling together, but Bale doesn't seem to have a massive ego.... Then again, Cristiano is still much better.

I love Bale's attitude. He's not egotistical at all. Maybe they're moving Bale in keeping quiet about Ronaldo moving to Man U? Just a thought, which I doubt. Ronaldo is amazing, it'd be a challenge just to convince Madrid.

Nightmareisalive

So the real Madrid team could look like this if they get Bale

Casillas

Arbelo Varane Ramos Mercelo

Alonso Illarramendi

di Maria Ozil Bale

Ronaldo

Ancelotti says he is going to play Ronaldo down the center for this season. That is a team that has a lot of goals from counter attacks, build up play and solo efforts. It would be scary to face them since any player in a attacking position can score with one touch of the ball. Barcelona and Bayern seem the only two teams who can face them.

Also the Eredivisie started today. Does anyone know any channels you can watch it in the UK or do you have to go online for it?

ToeyJoey

The Count
I honestly don't know which channels it would be on. We only get normal Freeview (digital) TV...

Well Barcelona will compete with them as they always do. Two horse La Liga...

Nightmareisalive

I honestly don't know which channels it would be on. We only get normal Freeview (digital) TV...

Well Barcelona will compete with them as they always do. Two horse La Liga...

I know ESPN did it for the last couple of years but I'm not sure if they are doing it this year and they are in-consist with their schedule with any shows about the league.

In fairness if they were in any league it would be a two horse race, only a couple of teams in the English (Chelsea and Man city) Germany (Bayern) and France leagues (PSG Monaco) would put up any challenge against them. Atlético Madrid did very well to challenge last season but ran out of steam in the end. They did put in some good performances though.

Ninjames

NOT JACK WILSHIRE
Also the Eredivisie started today. Does anyone know any channels you can watch it in the UK or do you have to go online for it?

Probably just online but I know that BT Sport will be showing the odd game from foreign leagues so if you have it, might be worth occasionally checking them out to see if they are scheduled to broadcast anything.

Buuz

Smash Trainer
PSV managed to win 2-3 last night. They played well, especially the first half hour. They got a 0-3 lead but conceded a goal just before half time. They conceded another goal a few minutes before the end, but managed to keep the three points for themselves. Too bad PSV couldn't keep up the good game they've been playing during the beginning, they could have scored a lot more goals imo.

ToeyJoey

The Count
There's been talk of that for ages but I don't see it happening. Madrid won't let him go unless it was anywhere near the same they got him for.
The rumours have been going around from before this transfer window opened. If Madrid do let him go it will be for the £80million they paid for him. And have you guys heard the latest from Brendan Rodgers? "If Bale is worth 100million, Suarez is worth 70 million."
Seriously though, 70million for a cannibal, dont think so.