• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Soccer Thread

Latch

Funky Fresh
The rumours have been going around from before this transfer window opened. If Madrid do let him go it will be for the £80million they paid for him. And have you guys heard the latest from Brendan Rodgers? "If Bale is worth 100million, Suarez is worth 70 million."
Seriously though, 70million for a cannibal, dont think so.

He's very talented, but not worth not that much. Someone said, I forgot who, said he was worth more than Bale. First off, Bale isn't even worth how much he was going for, so. It honestly all ridiculous.

ToeyJoey

The Count
The rumours have been going around from before this transfer window opened. If Madrid do let him go it will be for the £80million they paid for him. And have you guys heard the latest from Brendan Rodgers? "If Bale is worth 100million, Suarez is worth 70 million."

You're not wrong, but let's not forget they're worth so much more on the Carroll-Torres scale. How much? I couldn't tell you...

Ninjames

NOT JACK WILSHIRE
And have you guys heard the latest from Brendan Rodgers? "If Bale is worth 100million, Suarez is worth 70 million."

Ah but Brendan, who ever said that Bale was worth 100 million?

inb4daniellevy

ToeyJoey

The Count
Ah but Brendan, who ever said that Bale was worth 100 million?

inb4daniellevy

And all those newspaper and their stories.

Derby 1-0 currently, penalty scored by Russell.

ToeyJoey

The Count
Chelsea won't take him back. He's doing great Galatasaray.

Him and Mourinho were great together and he fits the system. I could see it any day.

ToeyJoey

The Count
There would've been talks of it already. Unless, Chelsea wants to see how their current Forwards play until they do anything. Lukaku and Drogba would be a killer combo, actually.

I don't know if Jose is going to continue with the 4-2-3-1 or move to a different system but if he sticks then Lukaku will go back on loan and Drogba will play alone.

Latch

Funky Fresh
I don't know if Jose is going to continue with the 4-2-3-1 or move to a different system but if he sticks then Lukaku will go back on loan and Drogba will play alone.

I think it's good for Lukaku to go back on loan. I read something about Torres being the main Forward, but he's not that consistent. Ba, should've stayed at Newcastle. I'm just curious to see if Chelsea will make a later transfer for Drogba/another forawrd.

ToeyJoey

The Count
I think it's good for Lukaku to go back on loan. I read something about Torres being the main Forward, but he's not that consistent. Ba, should've stayed at Newcastle. I'm just curious to see if Chelsea will make a later transfer for Drogba/another forawrd.

They missed out on Falcao and Cavani, the two biggest targets. No way Mourinho would stand Suarez and I haven't heard much about Rooney recently... Drogba to Chelsea.

I can see this being the breakthrough year for Lukaku. Mourinho is one of the few managers with the standing to be allow to put him in ahead of, say Torres. Not to forget they've bought Schurrle, who could be more than comfortable to fill in should Lukaku fail in stepping up. Ba's long standing knee problems (he failed his West Ham medical for them) will probably see him drop to the subs bench for a role as maybe a "supersub". Rooney is always an option, but Chelsea should be more than comfortable to wait until January, with their plethora of attacking options.

ToeyJoey

The Count

Latch

Funky Fresh
I don't know if Schurrle is much of a striker but their midfield is pretty packed...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23568921

I remember watching the game where he found out at half-time he was sacked... Crazy...

What..xD

& Lukaku has amazing talent, if he really wants to stay he needs to prove himself and really step it up. I have full belief in Lukaku.

Nightmareisalive

Lukaku will be the next Drogba if anything he can be better. Drogba didn't do well in the prem in his first season or two it was only later when he made a big impact. Lukuka is younger and already has prem experience before playing with Chelsea and he also has Mou as a manager who after dealing with Drogba will know how to get the best out of him. Also in Drogba's first season he scored 10 goals in 26 games while Lukaku has scored 17 goals in 35 games. Lukaku hasn't started every game for West Brom and he was playing in a team that isn't as skilled as the Chelsea team Drogba was in but he still has a better goal scoring record in his first season. Imagine how much he could score with Hazard, Oscar, Lampard and co all giving him the ball. He'll score a lot. I think Torres and Ba is going to find this season a struggle to get into the team.

ToeyJoey

The Count
He'll probably still face the issue of "second season syndrome" as will other players that succeeded last year such as Michu... When you have a good year teams are bound to pay more attention to you and find your weaknesses/nullify your effectiveness. He'll still be better than than Torres or Ba though...

Rezzuréct

Allez Les Bleus!
Woah, what did I miss...

Anyway, we lost against Gala. Drogba is a big *******. He did a lot of dives. His celebration after he scored the penalty was arrogant. Classic Drogba. I must say, Sneijder cross' was really incredible there. And Drogba first touch made them won, Mertesacker can't reach that.