• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Soccer Thread

Latch

Funky Fresh
I wouldn't mind seeing him at Arsenal if he can produce what he did there every game but I think in a year or two he would be 18 or 19 and I think it's too young for a player to make a move to one of the big clubs in the world. Too many young players make those moves and it usually ends badly.

True. He should wait until he develops and improves. Play at smaller clubs and play a lot.

Rezzuréct

Allez Les Bleus!
Arsenal made a £18.5m bid for Bayern's defensive midfielder, Luiz Gustavo. We need to wrap this deal fast if Wenger wants Gustavo to play in against Fenerbache. Because UCL's transfer window will close on Monday or Tuesday iirc. And unregistered player can't play on UCL.

Nightmareisalive

Arsenal made a £18.5m bid for Bayern's defensive midfielder, Luiz Gustavo. We need to wrap this deal fast if Wenger wants Gustavo to play in against Fenerbache. Because UCL's transfer window will close on Monday or Tuesday iirc. And unregistered player can't play on UCL.

A good player though I heard we bid for £14 million all we have to do now is hope a contract can be agrred upon and no other club comes in and steals him form under us. I dread hearing when after club shows interest in a player we are after.

Last edited:

Nightmareisalive

If you guys don't get this one, that would would just....I don't even know. He's good versatile mid. He plays more defensively, though. Which is fine.

He would be a good DM and that is a position that needs to be filled. Arteta is getting old and he doesn't actually play in that role. He would be much better as a normal midfielder than a dm. With him as a dm we lose some of the attacking he can bring to the team.

Latch

Funky Fresh
He would be a good DM and that is a position that needs to be filled. Arteta is getting old and he doesn't actually play in that role. He would be much better as a normal midfielder than a dm. With him as a dm we lose some of the attacking he can bring to the team.

Arteta is pretty old. But aas Zekrom said they did sign that young German player as his replacement. So, hopefully. that could workout.

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
Hope we can secure Luis Gustavo's signature asap, he will a solid addition if he does join Arsenal.

The Community Shield is on today with Man Utd vs Wigan, should be a good one and hoping Wigan beat another Manchester club in Wembley!

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
So united win 2-0 with RVP scoring both goals his second having some luck deflecting off a Wigan player. So Moyes first competitive game is a win. Not bad start for him

It was a good win to start the season on a high especially after their below par pre-season. Can't wait till the season starts!

ShinyGligar

Master in training

I think this is false. You get guys who can play later in the year during champions league as long as they haven't played a game in the champions league already that season. I may be wrong tho.

Nightmareisalive

I think this is false. You get guys who can play later in the year during champions league as long as they haven't played a game in the champions league already that season. I may be wrong tho.

I think it works like this. Current window closes for games that are happening for teams who are trying to qualify for the groups stage of the champions league.After that stage is done it opens again until closing just before the group games start. After they are finished it opens for the last time for the January transfer window and soon closes shut again before the last sixteen. Any player who plays in a champions league game no matter what stage of the competition cannot play in the champions league again with another team until the start of the next Champions League.

With the Premier League season approaching, does anyone fancy doing a SPPF fantasy football or prediction league? Just gauging interest.

I would be interested :)
Anyway. Im pleased that United could overcome Wigan today, because if Im honest, after being defeated by Sevilla in Rio's testimonial, I was worried. Van Persie was another concern, but his two goals today prove he is still a real attacking force at the grand old age of 30. So United arent gonna perform poorly this season it seems, but im just glad Moyes secured some Silverware before the tougher battles begin.
And Arsenal after Gustavo, ehh? That would be a good move for Wenger, as Gustavo is a top quality player that Bayern would be willing to sell with the additions of Thiago and Mario Goetze (spelling?). But they need to get business wrapped up as soon as they can so he'll be available for selection VS. Fenerbache.

Armando Payne

Here's some interesting? facts about yesterday's Community Shield. It was the first First time since 2011 that Chelsea didn’t qualify (that game was between Man City & Man United), first time since 2010 when the game was won by more than 1 goal (Chelsea 1-3 Manchester United), first time since 2011 that Man United won (3-2 against Man City) and first time since 2008 that neither Chelsea or Man City played in it (The 2008 one was between Manchester United & Portsmouth.).

Rezzuréct

Allez Les Bleus!
BVB 4-0 Augsburg.

A nice hattrick from Aubameyang on his first league debut. He worked very well with the team. One goal from Lewandowski through the penalty. Aubameyang was so calm in front of the goalkeeper and burried the ball into the net. He also did a frontflip celebration. A nice signing from Klopp.