• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Soccer Thread

Nightmareisalive

Rumours are if Bale gets sold to Madrid then Real will target Suarez and let Benzema and/or Di Maria join Arsenal. Now I know it's just rumours or mire speculation but that would work great for the Gunners. Spurs and Liverpool lose their biggest players and weakens then while Arsenal gets the star names able to attract other top talent. I hope Arsenal push for Benzema and Di Maria regardless, they would really help our attack and make us much more threatening. After that some defensive signings and we're good to go.

Those two a DM, defender and goalkeeper and Arsenal would be set for the season. Liverpool might lose Suarez but they will get plenty of money in return and can go wild and get a striker that won't cause problems for them.

7 tyranitars

It's embarrassing for the sport though, Madrid are in 1 BILLION in debt, but yet they continue to spend extravagantly on players?

You guys know what will be funny? If after Madrid get Bale for more than £80 million, Ronaldo gets pissed and decides to not ink a new contract :) Ohh God :D

Anyway, excuse my childish anger, but this is an issue I tend to get very frustrated about...

You do know that Barcalona has quite the debt too don't you? I acknowledge Real Madrids is bigger. But Barcalona is several hundreds of milions in debt too.

I do know what our debt is, but are we splashing record-breaking money? Plus, our debt is half of Madrid;s, which still isn't good, but to bring Barca into this discussion, why?

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
Those two a DM, defender and goalkeeper and Arsenal would be set for the season. Liverpool might lose Suarez but they will get plenty of money in return and can go wild and get a striker that won't cause problems for them.

Some late business like this would be definitely worth the wait and we'll be set to challenge on multiple fronts will a good sized squad. I want Madrid to after Suarez as he would like the switch and Real got Morata so Benzema would be available. Usually Real Madrid get their man so if they make a formal bid for Suarez, I'm sure he'll be off. I'm getting excited by the thought but I mustn't get carried away!

I know it's impossible to have a discussion about Real Madrid/Barcelona without the other somehow getting involved in it too though. But are we trying to buy Bale for huge sums of money? Is our debt as bad as Madrid's? Do you comprehend what 1 billion in debt is? Anyway, let's finish that there.

Ninjames

NOT JACK WILSHIRE
According to the Guardian, Real Madrid are €590m in debt as of the 3rd of August.

I don't think it matters tremendously anyway. When you're as big as Real Madrid, Barcelona or Man Utd, the money you bring in globally covers the debt as well as provides money for big summer signings. Real Madrid wouldn't be spending close to £100m on Bale if they couldn't afford it.

Yeah, Demi is a decent enough CB if it's only back-up City want him for. He's a c*unt though :D He only joined Atletico in July but now he wants to move.

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
I don't like when a player just joins a club then leaves before the transfer window closes. You don't see that very often with known players, usually a player would be at the club a season or half a season at the very least. Definitely not cool :/

He's a money-w*ore and a plastic sh*t-house c*nt, sorry for my language. Guys that do things like what Demi is considering doing gets me sick! And believe me, Demi is one of my favourite CB's from back in his day...

Nightmareisalive

He's a money-w*ore and a plastic sh*t-house c*nt, sorry for my language. Guys that do things like what Demi is considering doing gets me sick! And believe me, Demi is one of my favourite CB's from back in his day...

Well you should be prepared to get used to it. Players today have no respect to the clubs they play for. Once a better deal comes along most leave right away and usually kick the club on the way out. Very few players show respect anymore to the clubs that helped them get to where they are.....

That's one of the good things about Barcelona, most of our players have respect for us and loyalty, money doesn't concern them much. Then again, eventually Xavi, Puyol, Iniesta, Messi et al will be gone and a new generation of players will exist, hopefully they'll be as loyal and respectful as most of the current batch.

ToeyJoey

The Count
I'd like to see Messi just have a season out on loan at Fulham or West Brom... Just to see how that'd go.