• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Soccer Thread

Ninjames

NOT JACK WILSHIRE
Bale's transfer saga is becoming very old news now. The fact is the media don't seem to be able to agree on some of the crucial facts. Real Madrid have apparently finalised a price with Tottenham but over the last five days I've heard three different figures; £83m, £96m and, just this morning, £125m.

Hope you have some salt handy as you're gonna have to include a pinch of it with each transfer story you read or hear.

Moving away from Bale, PSG are reportedly tabling a 40 million euro bid for Pedro from Barca. I love Pedro, but here's what I thought when I saw that: ACCEPT IT ROSELL AND TATA!!! Pedro is definitely not worth anything near 40 million, and plus, we can use the money to get that defender we need.

Nightmareisalive

Moving away from Bale, PSG are reportedly tabling a 40 million euro bid for Pedro from Barca. I love Pedro, but here's what I thought when I saw that: ACCEPT IT ROSELL AND TATA!!! Pedro is definitely not worth anything near 40 million, and plus, we can use the money to get that defender we need.

That would be a great move for Barca. Pedro hasn't played at his best for a while and Barca have got the winger position sorted. With 40 million Barca could buy two defenders and finally get the defensive problems sorted. Now it's just wait and see.

That would be a great move for Barca. Pedro hasn't played at his best for a while and Barca have got the winger position sorted. With 40 million Barca could buy two defenders and finally get the defensive problems sorted. Now it's just wait and see.

Inigo Martinez and Sakho, that would be quality! I don't want to see Inigo leave La Real, but let's be honest, it's going to happen someday :D We also need to play Adriano a lot more, he's two-footed, has one hell of a long shot, and he's better at defending than both Alves and Alba. Our transfer window will be complete with the signings of those two.

OH, and Madrid will ask for around £35-40 million for Di Maria.

IMO Di Maria's true worth is Nightmareisalive's valuation of him, but knowing how Madrid operate, if he's to be sold, it'd be nearer the £35-40 million range for sure.

Nightmareisalive

He's fast as all hell. Arsenal need a wingers too.

His speed is what we need on the other wing to accompany Walcott. He can also score and do other things ehich Wacott can't.

Arsenal won 2-0. Ramsey was amazing. Two great goals. Fenerabahce were much better compared to last week but also more dirtier. It seemed they cared more about fouling Wilshere, Hopefully he suffered nothing bad and thankfully he didn't lose his temper and hit some of the Fenerbahce players.

Latch

Funky Fresh
His speed is what we need on the other wing to accompany Walcott. He can also score and do other things ehich Wacott can't.

Arsenal won 2-0. Ramsey was amazing. Two great goals. Fenerabahce were much better compared to last week but also more dirtier. It seemed they cared more about fouling Wilshere, Hopefully he suffered nothing bad and thankfully he didn't lose his temper and hit some of the Fenerbahce players.

He's extremely talent and great replacement for Ox. Him and Walcott, speed wise, could be dangerous.

I missed the game, I wanted to watch it. I had a soccer game :/

Nightmareisalive

He's extremely talent and great replacement for Ox. Him and Walcott, speed wise, could be dangerous.

I missed the game, I wanted to watch it. I had a soccer game :/

You didn't miss much. Arsenal did well but overall the game was lacking. Both teams knew the game was pointless after Ramsey scored. Still had some good moments but not just as interesting or fun when there's nothing at risk. The stadium wasn't even full you could see it on TV how much people didn't show.

Latch

Funky Fresh
You didn't miss much. Arsenal did well but overall the game was lacking. Both teams knew the game was pointless after Ramsey scored. Still had some good moments but not just as interesting or fun when there's nothing at risk. The stadium wasn't even full you could see it on TV how much people didn't show.

Ramsey going to get more play time this season. I'd love to see him out there more often.

Latch

Funky Fresh
Ramsey has had an amazing start. He's finally gotten over his injury and is showing the form he had before it happened. If we keep him fit and in form he can be a major player for us.

He was in pretty good form before the injury too. Sometimes player recover from injuries even stronger than before. Good for him, Arsenal is a great central player. Arsenal needs that.

Nightmareisalive

Arsenal are reportedly reviving their interest in Rooney. They can't get both him and Di Maria, so...

Not sure about Rooney. He pretty much had the chance to join Chelsea who are in a better position than Arsenal and he knows he would play up front for Chelsea. Di Maria would be better since he would be cheaper and help fill in a role that really needs help atm.

Not sure about Rooney. He pretty much had the chance to join Chelsea who are in a better position than Arsenal and he knows he would play up front for Chelsea. Di Maria would be better since he would be cheaper and help fill in a role that really needs help atm.

I'm telling you, knowing how Madrid do business, they will not allow Di Maria to leave for anything less than £35 million, and they know that if they do sell him, it could cause further disharmony in the dressing room, because a certain member of their team wants Di Maria to stay. That'll be about the same price as Rooney.

Nightmareisalive

I'm telling you, knowing how Madrid do business, they will not allow Di Maria to leave for anything less than £35 million, and they know that if they do sell him, it could cause further disharmony in the dressing room, because a certain member of their team wants Di Maria to stay. That'll be about the same price as Rooney.

Yeah if Madrid decide to jack up the price there will be problems. The main hope is that the Bale deal leaves them needing money more so than the position they are in to dictate the price of their players. Madrid at some stage are going to have to sort out that dressing room. To many times are players allowed to do as they please and the manager pays for it. It shows a real lack of class towards any manager they have if they have to step on egg shells because certain players might get their feelings hurt.