• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Soccer Thread

Rezzuréct

Allez Les Bleus!
Also, Demichelis has joined City according to their Twitter account.

7 tyranitars

I support my team alright. But can't I express my feelings when they suck? ;) There was this match two competitions ago, when we had conceded 4 goals in the first half. A lot of fans left the stadium during the break. Some people even set some stuff on fire. True fans stayed in their seats, like i did. It was painful to see your own team lose 2-6 during a game in their own stadium. It's situations like these that separate the true fans from gloryhunters.

That is pretty bad. To be honest I am quite impressed with cambuurs defences, we conceded one of the least ammound goals so far compared to other teams and we don't even play that defensive.

Rezzuréct

Allez Les Bleus!
Anyway, media says Arsenal are in advance talks for Real Madrid's Angel Di Maria and Palermo's Emiliano Viviano. Also, Ozil is going to have a medical check at Arsenal. Arsenal are also may take Demba Ba on a loan deal. I love transfer deadline day.

Latch

Funky Fresh
Anyway, media says Arsenal are in advance talks for Real Madrid's Angel Di Maria and Palermo's Emiliano Viviano. Also, Ozil is going to have a medical check at Arsenal. Arsenal are also may take Demba Ba on a loan deal. I love transfer deadline day.

Those are all wonderful transfers except Ba. I know it's just a loan, but he's not that good. Maybe he'll surprise us. but, I doubt it.

Bale's number is 11...I think.

Spurs look to get Hulk on a loan for a price around 15 mil.

As you guys know, Liverpool strengthens their squad even more signing about 3 players already.

Arsenal, no moves yet. I haven't heard a lot about Di Maria, more of Ozil Talks.

Last edited:

Rezzuréct

Allez Les Bleus!
Özil is gonna be number 11 I guess. He has passed the medical check and only need to sign da thing. We're still in talks for Di Maria.

7 hours and 20 minutes left.

Hey Micky!

I've gotta say, Liverpool & Brendan Rogers have impressed me the most in the past two transfer windows. Whilst Rogers had me very sceptical splashing out so much cash on Allen, his big signings in the winter window (Sturridge & Coutinho) have made a massive difference, he's brought in some promising loans & free transfers this window (Toure, Cissoko and Moses) and he's invested heavily in promising but not overly expensive young talent. I'm particularly looking forward to seeing Sakho in action. His price tag is a bit on the heavy side but he's already a good Centre Back and at 23 he's got the potential to be a great Centre Back. Tiago I know nothing about but I can only assume he's promising too. Additionally, he's made some of Dalglish's donkey signings start to look worth their fee (Henderson & Enrigque are playing as good as they ever have and even Downing looked good in the second half of last season) and he's brought through some promising academy players too (Stirling & Wisdom most prominently).

Tottenham still have done best with this transfer window. They looked short of ideas against Arsenal but they've turned that ridiculous Bale money into a squad that compete for a UCL place, a domestic cup and the Europa League. It's just a matter of getting them to gel. And I'm glad to see Arsenal and Man U making the right kind of moves on deadline day (better late than never). Flamini is a good bit of business for Arsenal if he's anything like the player he was 4 years ago and whilst Ozil improves an area that Arsenal have some depth in, he's still a potential game changer. Ba on a loan is a good deal, though I'd still take Giroud when given the option, but it's a long season and he'll need another striker to count on. I'm still worried for Arsenal by their lack of investment in another good defender. As for Man U, whilst Baines I think is a pointless move (Evra is never injured and is consistently one of the best left backs in the league), Fellaini adds something different in central midfield, which is the only area I feel Man U are lacking depth in. Assuming Moyes goes with the traditional 3-man midfield for Europe, a goal-scoring midfielder like Fellaini will be very valuable, since Carrick & Cleverly scarcely chip in with goals.

But this is the most interesting transfer deadline day we've had in a while. Sounds like lots of big moves might go through today.

Rezzuréct

Allez Les Bleus!
Özil signing will be announced at 4.30pm GMT. Let's all wait and hope... Media says Madrid have agreed to sell him for £42.3m.

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
DONE DEAL. Mesut Özil officially signs for Arsenal on a 5 year contract after paying approximately £42.5m for him, smashing our old transfer record.

Man, it's good to be a marquee player finally join us, hope he settles in well and really looking forward to seeing him play!

Rezzuréct

Allez Les Bleus!
I told you, the special player is Ozil. I'm so happy with the club now. Wenger did not buy a striker because he believes in Giroud. He also signed Viviano on a loan deal which is cool. #GoodLuckOzil

#OzilIsAGunner