• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Soccer Thread

Rezzuréct

Allez Les Bleus!
Hooper is at Norwich now I believe.

Well I can't believe Yaya Sanogo called by French's manager Deschamp for friendlies.

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
It's finally time for another San Marino watch!

It's joint 28th versus joint 207th as San Marino travel to Lviv to take on Ukraine. These teams have never met before, but there is very little chance that San Marino will be ending their 53 match losing run.

Already having failed to qualify for the World Cup, San Marino are coming off the back of a 4-0 loss at Italy in a friendly in May, and their last competitive game was in March, a 5-0 defeat in Poland. As most people know by now it's been nine years since San Marino last won a match (their only ever win).

By contrast, after a sluggish start, Ukraine have won three competitve games in a row and sit in third. Their last match was a 2-0 friendly win over Israel last month, but more importantly, their last competitive game in June saw them demolish group leaders Montenegro 4-0 away. Ukraine are also unbeaten since October.

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
Well that was a routine win for England there, Gerrard's passing was quality and I was very impressed with Rickie Lambert's play and Welbecks second goal. Going be an interesting match in Kiev on Tuesday.

Ninjames

NOT JACK WILSHIRE
After England's convincing win against Moldova and Montenegro's draw in Poland, the Three Lions are top of the group on goal difference. England's last three games may be tricky (Ukraine away, Montenegro home, Poland home) but I think we have enough inside us to top the group by the end of October.

Quite impressed by Walcott and Walker tonight. Theo was often in space and Kyle had great fun blasting down the right.

7 tyranitars

What a shame.. a 2-2 draw against Estonia. Our team was a disaster. We should have won this one.

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
There was no joy for San Marino as they went down 9-0 in Ukraine, their biggest defeat since their 11-0 loss to the Netherlands some two years ago. The San Marinese are still stuck on no points with a goal difference of -38. Next up is fourth placed Poland at home.

However, some astonishingly good news for the San Marino Under-21 team, who recorded their first ever non-forfeited win in their history with a 1-0 win against Wales.

Meanwhile, if there's one crisis team in World Cup qualifying, it's Mexico, having gone down 2-1 at home to Honduras and are in fourth place, with games at home to Panama and away to Costa Rica and the United States to come. What is going on with them?

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
Wow Ronaldo was amazing, he saved us. I was thinking that Portugal would say bye to the world cup, but not anymore. I think we'll make it. Ronaldo scored a hat trick and Bruno Alves scored 1 against Northern Ireland where we won 4-2. Shocking referee, showing 3 red cards and not seeing the offside in Northern Ireland's goal (second one I think). Ronaldo has now more goals than legend Eusebio and is 5 goals away from Portugal's player with most goals, Pauleta

Terry. T.

One and Only...
We're on TV tomorrow at home to Oldham, 7:35 kickoff on sky sports. You'd better be watching
Oh and Louis Tomlinson got wrecked by Agbonlahor lol

I would have probably preferred for Pep to take the England job rather than Munich, because no one would have been able to say that he just takes over the best teams and, I would have liked to see what he could do on the international stage.

Terry. T.

One and Only...
I would have probably preferred for Pep to take the England job rather than Munich, because no one would have been able to say that he just takes over the best teams and, I would have liked to see what he could do on the international stage.

we'd be world cup 2014 winners even if we had to use a strike force of Anthony Elding, Jeff Stelling and Serebii.

Pep would have been stressed to the point that his bones begin to melt had he take that job xD

Just kidding. England would have been a serious opponent to face for sure next year, but not sure if they could beat teams like Germany, Brazil, Argentina, Belgium, France etc., and even an off-colour Spain side.

Rezzuréct

Allez Les Bleus!
England have qualities to win. But Hodgson just doesn't know how to enchant the squad. Our defenders are getting older, like Baines, Johnson, Cole etc. We need more stock on defense. The rest of the team is fine I think. I would prefer to search for new defenders.

My England XI would be like: Hart; Johnson/Walker, Cahill, Jagielka/Jones, Baines/Cole; Gerrard, Wilshere/Lampard, Walcott, Rooney, Barkley/Ox; Sturridge/Lambert.

The defenders are tough enough. I'd pick Johnson over Walker, that's just my opinion. And I'd also choose Baines over Cole and again, that's just me. I also really prefer Wilshere over Cleverley or Lamps. Gerrard-Lamps era might have passed so Wilshere can be the next era along with Barkley. Wilshere has the creativity on midfield, giving Sturridge or Lambert a chance to score goals. I also liked Barkley, he is the new generation on the team. Nice to see him play for us. But Ox is really nice option tho. We still have Milner and Adam Johnson but I think we don't need them anymore. Next, we got Sturridge and Lambert. Sturridge has scored 4 goals in last 3 matches for Liverpool, but unfortunately he has suffered thighs injury which is bad. But we got new star, Lambert. He's a good finisher but lacks of pace. He's a little bit old imo. Walcott and Rooney can back him up with long passes and through balls. Yeah that's pretty much all. Thoughts?

Terry. T.

One and Only...
Glen Johnson is a joke of a player, and you'll never hear the end if you get me going about him. League 2 standard.