• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Soccer Thread

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
Some results I didn't expect yesterday in the EPL, Southampton's win especially. I hope Liverpool's momentum doesn't stutter though. With City & United looking sketchy it could be the first season where we get a genuine multi-horse race to the title, rather than just two teams at it. Arsenal-Stoke is entertaining in the first half so far. Very impressed with Arsenal so far but their threadbare squad is already showing signs of exposure with Gnabary (who's having a good game so far) being drafted in for Walcott. When Xmas period comes around with all those games packed so tightly, I can see them really struggling.

Agreed, I hope Arsenal can hang in there during the Christmas period and we should be okay (I hope). Good win against Stoke, we didn't play brilliantly but we got the win and the three points as well as being on top of the table.

I'd prefer for Manchester United to win the derby today, personally. Rooney's on fire right now, all RVP needs is one chance, Kagawa's back in the team....United look good for the match. Hopefully it's going to be entertaining, above all.

RvP is out of the derby, hes got a thigh injury :/

Rezzuréct

Allez Les Bleus!
Arsenal 3-1 Stoke.

A good win today. Özil was just class, 3 assists in one game, that's just insane. Ramsey sparks again, Captain Per scores a brilliant header and Sagna also scores a decent goal. All of our goal are from a set piece. Cameron also scores a decent goal. Arnautovic plays well also. Once again, it's a good win. Sorry Joey.

WOOT! TOP OF THE TABLE. (sorry for caps)

Hey Micky!

At the very least the RVP news has gotta have the Man City defence feel better, but sadly this makes me feel the 0-0 boredraw I predicted will be even more likely. But Wayne's on fire, although I think he's better playing deeper off of a striker than playing right up top, and I'm guessing it'll be a case of Rooney up top Welbeck being in behind [Edit: Well colour me stupid, from the early minutes look like Welbeck is playing right up top, good to see Rooney still in that second striker role]. I'm looking forward to seeing Fellaini & Toure matching up in central midfield though.

The one good thing that's come out of this for me, with RVP out of my Fantasy team, Hull City's Robbie Brady is my first substitute so that'll add 12 points to my otherwise fairly meagre score this week (though I have Evra, Toure & De Gea all involved that I hope will rack some up). I can't help but think it really is a sad state of affairs when I can't help but consider how my FF team is being affected when I watch footy now, heh.

Last edited:

Rezzuréct

Allez Les Bleus!
This is the first time that RVP is absent from the PL since March 2011.

Anyway, Gnabry was just amazing today. He shown that he could be a decent substitute for Arsenal. Miyaichi also played well today.

My FPL team is terrible this week... Screw this FPL thingy.

City 2-0 United HT Aguero and Toure with the goals, perhaps Nasri should have scored too.

Been a half dominated in the most part by City. If SAF was here maybe United could have pulled it back, but nah, City to run riot here.

Shiny Espeon0429

Can't believe how well we're playing! :O

I can't even watch it, couldn't find the channel.

What's happening?

3-0 to City :)

Shiny Espeon0429

Rezzuréct

Allez Les Bleus!
#NoRVPNoParty. United just only made one shot on target today. 4-0 now, and no, they will not comeback. Just no.

Anyway, Flamini > Fellaini. And he's £0.

Shiny Espeon0429

4-1 Rooney unstoppable free kick. Annoying to not get a clean sheet. :/

Well, I don't think even God would have predicted a 4-1 win. United well and truly finished it looks like to me.

Rezzuréct

Allez Les Bleus!
Paulinho scores a late goal for Spuds. Don't worry, we're still on the top of the table. Also, Cardiff fans were singing "You're just a bus stop in Arsenal!" #TheyKnow

Anyway, Bale has got injured in the post-match training. Isco will replace his place.

GOLGOLGOLGOLGOL GETAFE!!! Lafita puts Getafe 0-1 up at the Bernabeau! Getafe have scored too early though...

EDIT:Yep, too good to be true. Pepe makes it 1-1.

Last edited:

Buuz

Smash Trainer
Okay, so no draw for PSV. No small win either... But a whopping 4-0 victory against Ajax is always welcome. Made my day!!!