• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Soccer Thread

Real Madrid 4-1 Getafe FT

Cristiano Ronaldo with a pair of rubbish goals, Isco and Pepe netting one each. Lafita with Getafe's goal...

Hey Micky!

Well, I don't think even God would have predicted a 4-1 win. United well and truly finished it looks like to me.
I don't think God could've predicted that United performance either. Worst I've ever seen them play, possibly worse than when they took the 6-1 thrashing (at least then they had the excuse of being down to 10 men and very much going for it in the 2nd half for the sheer scale of the defeat - no excuses for this one). I don't think United are finished though. But signs aren't promising for this season, they clicked versus Swansea & Leverkusan but that's about it - and now they've lost RVP at a very crucial time when form is down (also emphasising how important it was to keep Rooney). But I genuinely fancied Man U to take the title again before the season began if they kept Rooney and now... well I still do to some extent but I'm having second thoughts about how much to trumpet that fancying. It's always worth remembering though that they've only dropped their points in the 3 big games they've had so far (Chelsea, Liverpool & City) and winning titles tends to be more about grinding out the wins against the clubs that aren't challenging for the title. But RVP going at this point of the season is a real blow, and also time for me to pull a FF transfer (well two in fact, with Benteke injured as well).

In other news, Di Canio fired. I'm only surprised because the board gave him so much money to play with and have essentially allowed him to build a brand new squad - I thought that level of upheaval alone would've bought him at least 'til Winter and then perhaps a managerial change then (if things continued this way) to allow a new manager a chance at reshaping the squad again. Someone's gonna have to pick up the reigns of a Di Canio assembled squad for several months now. It's a shame in a way because Di Canio's outlandish managerial style was amusing, but I'd personally have hated to be a player under him; he takes his public criticism of his own players way too far and seems to be very egocentrically trying to make everything about himself (even when he 'takes responsibility' for his team's failings, it always comes with a hint of "I'm doing this so the fans will think of me as a heroic figure who agrees with them" and usually comes with a healthy dose of passing the buck onto his players).

If Dzeko and Negredo had their finishing boots on it would have been 6-1 or 7-1. Then again, if Rooney had his on, it could have been 4-3 or 4-4 :3

7 tyranitars

Many people don't know this, but this Sunday, my club will play the derby against our archrival for the first time in 13 year. I am going to the match and I am very looking forward to it. I am counting down the days xD.

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Well, Di Canio's gone. That didn't take too long did it? I've ranted enough in the past about managers not being given enough time and won't change stance now, though I sense in Paulo's case, it was probably an incident that kicked off behind the scenes that did it in for him.

Dunno who I'd want to replace him if I were a Sunderland fan. Pulis?

Rezzuréct

Allez Les Bleus!
Well, they have good enough squad but Di Canio seems clueless about the new team that he has. New players like Giaccherini, Altidore, Borini, Graham are good enough for them and don't forget about the old faces like Larsson, Gardner, Fletcher, Johnson, Wickham etc etc. And maybe the reason why Sunderland are on the bottom of the league is they lost Mignolet. A really good keeper for a team like Sunderland. Now they don't have a proper keeper to swim through the middle of the league.

About the replacement, I'm not sure who will replace Di Canio. It could be Pulis or anyone.

Barcelona 4-1 Real Sociedad FT

Neymar, Messi, Busquets and surprise, surprise, Marc Bartra with the goals for Barcelona. De la Bella with Sociedad's consolation.

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
Utd vs Liverpool tonight and Suarez returns after his 10 match ban. Moyes really needs to win tonight after getting bullied by City last week. Hopefully, this is all set up to be one epic match.

Rezzuréct

Allez Les Bleus!
Arsenal 1-1 West Brom (4-3 on penalty)

Wow. What a match. Arsenal were playing with the young lads. Eisfield scores the goal for Arsenal. But Berahino makes it 1-1. The lads can hold WBA through the extra time and win the penalty. And Arsenal will face Chelsea in th next round.

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
I don't even feel like Suarez deserves to play after the incident.

I know what you mean but he's such a talent. I really enjoy watching him play.

Arsenal 1-1 West Brom (4-3 on penalty)

Wow. What a match. Arsenal were playing with the young lads. Eisfield scores the goal for Arsenal. But Berahino makes it 1-1. The lads can hold WBA through the extra time and win the penalty. And Arsenal will face Chelsea in th next round.

Can't believe we won that game, Albion should of buried us as they had so many chances. I'm happy we are still in the cup to showcase our youth, I'm liking what I saw out there and bring on Chelsea!

Latch

Funky Fresh
I know what you mean but he's such a talent. I really enjoy watching him play.

Can't believe we won that game, Albion should of buried us as they had so many chances. I'm happy we are still in the cup to showcase our youth, I'm liking what I saw out there and bring on Chelsea!

Me too, especially back in the day for Uruguay. I wish he never did what he did, I thought he was getting better.

Looking forward to the Madrid derby tomorrow, Real Madrid VS Atletico Madrid. It is also at the ground Atletico beat Madrid at a few months ago, the Santiago Bernabeau. Hopefully David Villa and co. can wipe there buttomholes in Los Blancos faces tomorrow ^_^

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Deprictions!

Tottenham 0-0 Chelsea
Aston Villa 1-2 Man City
Fulham 2-1 Cardiff
Hull 1-0 West Ham
Man Utd 2-0 West Brom
Southampton 4-1 Crystal Palace
Swansea 1-1 Arsenal
Stoke 2-1 Norwich
Sunderland 0-1 Liverpool