• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Soccer Thread

He could have played for his country of birth, Brazil.

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
He could have played for his country of birth, Brazil.

I thought Diego Costa would of picked Brazil as he would have had less competition for a striker than Spain. They got so much quality up front with the likes of Villa, Torres, Llorente, Soldado, Negredo and now Michu. Good luck to Diego Costa and Spain.

Costa's definitely going to get his chance, and should he take that chance and impress Bosque enough, he will be our first choice striker at the World Cup next year.

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
Costa's definitely going to get his chance, and should he take that chance and impress Bosque enough, he will be our first choice striker at the World Cup next year.

Costa is quality so he has the ability to be the first choice for sure. He's playing well for Athletico too.

He's hitting Messi and Ronaldo numbers for Atletico so far xD 10 goals in 8 La Liga games, two more than Messi and 3 more than Ronaldo, is terrific. He needs to keep it up though.

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
He's hitting Messi and Ronaldo numbers for Atletico so far xD 10 goals in 8 La Liga games, two more than Messi and 3 more than Ronaldo, is terrific. He needs to keep it up though.

That's impressive numbers there, to be fair Messi is injured plus tax trouble has hurt his goal tally but what about David Villa? How many has he scored?

Villa's got 2 goals in 7 La Liga appearances. Not what I was expecting from Guaje. I expect he'd hit about 10 at most.

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
He's getting old no? Maybe just losing that half a yard or fitness issues, I'm not sure but I'll keep an eye out on him.

31, yeah, he's past it. He's playing okay though, but he definitely isn't the same player that arrived at Barcelona in 2010, or the same player that played for Valencia.

Hey Micky!

I thought Diego Costa would of picked Brazil as he would have had less competition for a striker than Spain. They got so much quality up front with the likes of Villa, Torres, Llorente, Soldado, Negredo and now Michu. Good luck to Diego Costa and Spain.
To be honest, whilst he does theoretically have a lot of competition, what he definitely has in his favour is that no one striker has put a claim to the striker position in the Spain starting 11 (when they do in fact choose to field a striker). As MidnightGengar says, he seems in line to get a chance and if he takes it being first choice striker is definitely a possibility. Comparatively, Fred very much has a hold of that position in the Brazil squad, and there's a few decent striking options that present a challenge if Fred does fall out of favour.

And then of course, there's always the possibility that he genuinely would rather represent Spain than Brazil.

Last edited:

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
To be honest, whilst he does theoretically have a lot of competition, what he definitely has in his favour is that no one striker has put a claim to the striker position in the Spain starting 11 (when they do in fact choose to field a striker). As MidnightGengar says, he seems in line to get a chance and if he takes it being first choice striker is definitely a possibility. Comparatively, Fred very much has a hold of that position in the Brazil squad, and there's a few decent striking options that present a challenge if Fred does fall out of favour.

And then of course, there's always the possibility that he genuinely would rather represent Spain than Brazil.

Fair enough, you make a good point there Micky.

England 1 up against Poland so far, decent game this.

Gareth Bale is reportedly set for a weekend return for Real Madrid from injury...looking forward to seeing how he does against a Malaga team that will most likely defend deep and for their lives.

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
'dictions:

Newcastle 1-3 Liverpool
Arsenal 2-1 Norwich
Chelsea 3-0 Cardiff
Everton 1-1 Hull
Man Utd 2-1 Southampton
Stoke 0-0 West Brom
Swansea 2-2 Sunderland
West Ham 1-0 Man City
Aston Villa 2-4 Tottenham
Crystal Palace 0-1 Fulham

Ladies and gentlemen, Lionel Messi is coming back from injury in Barcelona's trip to Pamplona tomorrow ^_^ I've really missed him, even if it was just two matches!

Rezzuréct

Allez Les Bleus!
Derpdiction

Newcastle 0-2 Liverpool
Arsenal 3-0 Norwich
Chelsea 3-0 Cardiff
Everton 3-1 Hull
Man Utd 1-1 Southampton
Stoke 1-2 West Brom
Swansea 3-2 Sunderland
West Ham 0-3 Man City
Aston Villa 2-1 Spurs
Crystal Palace 0-2 Fulham

Carles Puyol will be starting for Barcelona in today's game against Osasuna. I couldn't help but jump out of my seat and scream ''YES!'' when I saw that on the Barcelona website ^_^

The Barca boys ended up stuttering to a 0-0 draw at Osasuna today. However, away to Osasuna is never an easy game for us, because those guys love to dig up their pitch and whatnot when its time for Barcelona to come to town...which is why people who say matches in La Liga are easy are absolutely clueless. It also didn't help that Cesc Fabregas pulled stones in that match too.... Away matches in La Liga are very tricky. However, thankfully, our city rivals Espanyol ended up doing us a solid by beating Atletico Madrid 1-0, so we're 1 point above Atleti and 3 above Real Madrid. Next weekend is the big Clasico...

Last edited:

Rezzuréct

Allez Les Bleus!
Arsenal 1-2 Borussia Dortmund.

Not a nice game for us. Mkhitaryan opens up for San Borussia and then Giroud levels it up. But, Lewandowski scores into his country teammates. So a first lost after that lost against Villa in the first matchday of BPL. Dortmund also broke our away record, so yeah I'm not happy for us. A win is a must at Palace this Saturday.

My prediction for the Clasico is: Barcelona 2-1 Real Madrid

Madrid will score first ( probably Gayman ) and then Barcelona will turn it around in the second half, Messi will be one of Barca's scorers. I want Neymar to score on his Clasico debut but I'm not sure he will.