• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Soccer Thread

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
At least they are getting sporadic appearances here and there. I don't think I even remember the last time Wilfred Zaha even played, and to think that he was hyped up to be an exciting prospect at one point.

Rezzuréct

Allez Les Bleus!
Predictions:

Everton 1-2 Liverpool
Arsenal 3-1 Southampton
Fulham 0-1 Swansea
Hull City 2-1 Crystal Palace
Newcastle 1-0 Norwich
Stoke City 1-1 Sunderland
West Ham 0-3 Chelsea
Man City 2-0 Tottenham
Cardiff City 0-4 Man Utd
West Brom 2-2 Aston Villa

Rezzuréct

Allez Les Bleus!
Arsenal 2-0 Southampton

Well done Gunners, Giroud scores both and thank you to Boruc for his first goal and thank you to Soton's defender for the penalty, but Soton's defense was rock hard and discipline. 4pts clear from everyone and we're on top of the league!

7 tyranitars

So, ajax won 2-1 from Amsterdam with 10 players.. Good job to them.

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Great wins for Basel and Ajax last night! And despite losing Chelsea join Atletico Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Manchester City in the knockout stages. Presumably by the end of tonight we'll have one or two more big names through.

So last night I visited my thirtieth football league ground out of ninety two, the Kassam Stadium. Pretty dire experience, though. Left my house in Milton Keynes at 3pm, then endured a convoluted train and bus journey via Coventry to Oxford's stadium which I only managed to reach at quarter past 7. After the game there were then bus delays that made me miss my train back by just one minute, meaning I had to wait until 11pm for the next train which ended up taking me through to London Paddington, then the Underground to Euston and then on a heavily slowed train journey back to Milton Keynes by 2:30am.

The whole journey including the match took me up north through Coventry and back south through London and took twelve hours, during which I only had a packet of crisps, a can of Red Bull and a Balti pie at the stadium for sustenance. All this for a drab 0-0 draw between Oxford and Newport in which I don't even think either team got a shot on target, Newport hit the bar once and that was the only highlight.

Football, eh? Gonna do it all again soon though, starting to have to make longer journeys now, starting with the midlands and Birmingham versus Middlesbrough on the seventh.

Rezzuréct

Allez Les Bleus!
Predictions:

Aston Villa 1-1 Sunderland
Cardiff 0-3 Arsenal
Everton 2-0 Stoke
Norwich 0-1 Crystal Palace
West Ham 0-0 Fulham
Newcastle 2-1 West Brom
Spurs 2-2 Man Utd
Hull 0-4 Liverpool
Chelsea 2-0 Southampton
Man City 3-0 Swansea

F*cking shame AC Milan-Ajax has to be on the same day as Barcelona-Celtic! :/ I think I'm going to record the Milan-Ajax game, watch the Barcelona match live, then watch the recorded Milan-Ajax game after without knowing the score. Yeah, sounds like a plan.

It's going to be a big game between Milan and Ajax, the battle for second place in the group! I hope it won't disappoint.

Rezzuréct

Allez Les Bleus!
Cardiff 0-3 Arsenal

My prediction was right lol. 2 goals from Aaron Ramsey and one from Mathieu Flamini. Ramsey doesn't celebrate even he scores 2 goals. Özil makes 2 assists too, and Walcott is back! 4pts clear from Chelsea.

It's shame that Liverpool lost to Hull. Unexpected though, Skretel made an own goal also. Chelsea came back from 1-0 down at half time and won 3-1 at their base. Utd-Spuds both dropped 2pts and currently on 8th and 9th.

Athletic Bilbao 1-0 Barcelona

It was a poor performance from the majority of Barcelona's team, the team just couldn't cope with the absence of important players through injury, and Bilbao were simply the better team by quite a distance and deserved the three points.

Mega Typhlosion

Who needs Messi? Who needs Ronaldo? Suárez is the king!!

Astonishing performance! Hope he stays in Merseyside for a long time. He's the one who will be attracting better players to make us title contenders for real. GO REDS!

If Perez says he wants this, he will get this. If Perez says he wants that, he will get that. So, I think if Real Madrid declare a serious interest in Suarez, he will be off to the Bernabeau where he will flop and end up playing at Getafe in a few years

7 tyranitars

World cup fixtures:

Group A:

Brasil
Mexico
Croatia
Cameroon

Group B:

Spain
The Netherlands
Chile
Australia

Group C

Colombia
Greece
Coast d'ivore
Japan

Group D

Uruguay
Italy
England
Costa rica

Group E

Switzerland
Equador
France
Honduras

Group F

Argentina
Bosnia-Herzegovina
Iran
Nigeria

Group G

Germany
Ghana
Portugal
Usa

Group H

Belgium
Russia
South Korea
Algeria

So my country is in the group with Spain TIME FOR VENGEANCE!!!

Besides that we should be able to survive the group stage.

I think group A, D and G canbe dubbed groups of deaths.

I was actually hoping for a Portugal-Argentina in the back of mind xD

Anyway, Groups G and D are the two contenders for 'Group of Death' in this year's WC and I'll definitely be having a very close eye on those groups, and I'm looking forward to seeing how Spain and Holland fare as well, that's bound to be interesting.

dgarock

I thought that FIFA would take into account the wear of travels of the countries, the Netherlands for example, they will have to make long trips during the first phase ...
From Salvador to Porto Alegre, that's a looong travel for a short period of time...
But about the groups:
Group A: I believe Brazil will pass, but the second place will be hard to determine...
Group B: Chile may cause some troubles for Spain and Netherlands, but I think that there will be no surprises...
Group C: Colombia and Cote 'd Ivoire are the favorites, but I don't know who will be the first place, Colombia improved a lot, but Cote 'd Ivoire is strong too.
Group D: That's a really hard one, England and Italy are the favorites, but Uruguay can't be underestimated, they really want to beat Brazil again in Maracanã.
Group E: France really had a good luck, France and Switzerland are the favorites, though Honduras and Ecuador can be a problem.
Group F: I really know nothing about Bosnia-Herzegoniva's team, but Argentina and Nigeria are the favorites (I think).
Group G: Man, I would like to see all these 4 teams in the second phase, but Germany and Portugal are the favorites.
Group H: Belgium and Russia are the favorites, but South Korea may take someone's place.

dgarock

I've brought some interesting statistics, this is the distance that each team will have to do during the first phase:

G4 – United States - Natal, Manaus, Recife (5.598 km)
A2 – Croatia - São Paulo, Manaus, Recife (5.522)
A4 – Cameroon – Natal, Manaus, Brasília (4.697)
D1 - Uruguay - Fortaleza, São Paulo, Natal (4.688)
G2 – Portugal - Salvador, Manaus, Brasília (4.537)
A1 – Brazil - São Paulo, Fortaleza, Brasília (4.055)
E1 – Switzerland - Brasília, Salvador, Manaus (3.665)
E3 – France - Porto Alegre, Salvador, Rio de Janeiro (3.512)
F2 – Bosnia-Herzegovina - Rio de Janeiro, Cuiabá, Salvador (3.490)
C3 – Cote 'd Ivoire - Recife, Brasília, Fortaleza (3.344)
E4 - Honduras - Porto Alegre, Curitiba, Manaus (3.289)
D3 – England - Manaus, São Paulo, Belo Horizonte (3.178)
B2 – The Netherlands - Salvador, Porto Alegre, São Paulo (3.155)
D4 - Italy - Manaus, Recife, Natal (3.086)
F4 - Nigeria - Curitiba, Cuiabá, Porto Alegre (2.981)
C4 – Japan - Recife, Natal, Cuiabá (2.777)
H4 – South Korea - Cuiabá, Porto Alegre, São Paulo (2.531)
D2 – Costa Rica - Fortaleza, Recife, Belo Horizonte (2.268)
C2 – Greece - Belo Horizonte, Natal, Fortaleza (2.266)
H3 – Russia - Cuiabá, Rio de Janeiro, Curitiba (2.250)
B4 – Australia - Cuiabá, Porto Alegre, Curitiba (2.225)
G3 – Ghana - Natal, Fortaleza, Brasília (2.122)
B3 - Chile - Cuiabá, Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo (1.932)
H2 – Algeria - Belo Horizonte, Porto Alegre, Curitiba (1.887)
B1 - Spain - Salvador, Rio de Janeiro, Curitiba (1.884)
F3- Iran - Curitiba, Belo Horizonte, Salvador (1.784)
E2 - Ecuador - Brasília, Curitiba, Rio de Janeiro (1.756)
F1 - Argentina - Rio de Janeiro, Belo Horizonte, Porto Alegre (1.680)
G1 – Germany - Salvador, Fortaleza, Recife (1.657)
C1 – Colombia - Belo Horizonte, Brasília, Cuiabá (1.497)
A3 – Mexico - Natal, Fortaleza, Recife (1.064)
H1 – Belgium - Belo Horizonte, Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo (696)

I didn't expect that FIFA would make the same mistake that CBF (Brazilian Football Confederation) does on the local league, scheduling absurd trips in a short period of time. The right it would be the groups staying in a specific region of the country, but I think FIFA is lacking common sense too ...

7 tyranitars