• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Soccer Thread

ysmr97

Yesterday was the MLS SuperDraft (I know how weird a soccer draft must seem haha) and, surprisingly, a goal keeper was selected first overall by the Philadelphia Union. Not surprising was who it was: UConn's Andre Blake. Kid's an animal

ToeyJoey

The Count
How does American Football (ha) work if they can have a draft but also sign players...?

ysmr97

How does American Football (ha) work if they can have a draft but also sign players...?

Haha its a little weird for sure. Like European football, we have academies, but these are not guaranteed signings. So, like all of our other sports, we draft players who play at the collegiate level only (meaning they played a college career and are willing to get drafted by a team they have no control over). But they can sign all undrafted players, players who's contracts where declined, or free agents.

....basically, the draft is for college players.

American football is very... interesting XD Anymore questions, just ask me! XD

Uhh half time and United are 2-0 down to chelsea. The Cameoon poacher Samuel Eto'o scoring twice. Its just gonna be another day at the office if United dont get their act together. And on a side note, why did AVB drop Adebeyor?

Nightmareisalive

Uhh half time and United are 2-0 down to chelsea. The Cameoon poacher Samuel Eto'o scoring twice. Its just gonna be another day at the office if United dont get their act together. And on a side note, why did AVB drop Adebeyor?

Final score 3-1 to Chelsea. United 14 pints of Arsenal. It would be amazing if they can get a champions league place.

Adebeyor is a lazy player. He plays when he wants to play. Just give it time and he will go back to being lazy.

And in La Liga there is only 1 point difference between the top three teams. That league really has become interesting know. Hopefully it can stay that way.

Last edited:

7 tyranitars

Yesterday for the first time in 20 years, my team SC Cambuur won from SC heerenveen 3-1 This is for both teams the biggest derby there is. And I am extremly happy.

Ohtachi

mia san mia
Bayern demolish Frankfurt 5-0

Champions League Round of 16 can't come any sooner.

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
Yup so Arsenal can crush them in the first leg and then proceed to knock them out the Champions League............nope, can't say it with a straight face

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Speaking of Arsenal...

Liverpool 5 - 1 Arsenal. Arsenal were shredded in the first 20 minutes, they were all over the place. I have to say that Liverpool were very good, and of course SAS (and Sterling too) were quite good. Skrtel and Sterling were both on a hat trick, which was quite surprising.

As much as I dislike them both, I have to admit, they have been quite good this season.

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
And this is why you strengthen your squad in January so you don't have to rely on the same faces all the time because how demoralising must it be that what is pretty much your best eleven gets slaughtered like that and most likely will continue to do so next few weeks

Hilda

Me thinks Juventus is rigging again. Poor Trabzonspor got their 1-1 stolen away; and don't tell me that it could happen to anyone because it seems to always be in the favour of the same teams of the same countries.

bailey.ga

This is soooooooooo deaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad :(

Barca lost, looking more like a Madrid VS Madrid title fight.
City got beaten by Wigan, what do you say.

As much as I dislike Man City, I would like them to beat Barca.
Arsenal to beat Bayern, they've been so boring since pep took over, and if Arsenal win a trophy they might shut up about 9 years (as if that's a long time to wait, 41 years here, and that's not even bad)
Chelski to win too, because all English teams to be eliminated would be bat for the EPL
And Man Utd to lose, always Man Utd to lose :p
Like to see Atletico to do well since they have the almighty red and white colour scheme (Sunderland supporter here)
Not a fan of PSG so the sooner they're gone the better
Leverkusen to do a miracle and turn around the deficit ;)

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
As much as I dislike Man City, I would like them to beat Barca.
Arsenal to beat Bayern, they've been so boring since pep took over, and if Arsenal win a trophy they might shut up about 9 years (as if that's a long time to wait, 41 years here, and that's not even bad)
Chelski to win too, because all English teams to be eliminated would be bat for the EPL
And Man Utd to lose, always Man Utd to lose :p
Like to see Atletico to do well since they have the almighty red and white colour scheme (Sunderland supporter here)
Not a fan of PSG so the sooner they're gone the better
Leverkusen to do a miracle and turn around the deficit ;)

Really hope City wins too (I don't support any english team, I just like seeing them play cuz they all play well)
Man U losing would be jokes, chelsea should win (mourinho fan here haha)

bailey.ga

Who do you follow?, If you're looking for an English team to support then I'd recommend the almighty SAFC, Not the richest club in the world, but tons of history (and if you're American, we have Altidore)

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
Who do you follow?, If you're looking for an English team to support then I'd recommend the almighty SAFC, Not the richest club in the world, but tons of history (and if you're American, we have Altidore)

I support Benfica (portuguese team, and I'm also Portuguese haha), but I enjoy watching other great teams play, like Chelsea, Liverpool and City (I watch the bpl a lot too, apart from the portuguese league). Hoping we'll beat spurs for europa league, though nobody really cares about that competition haha

bailey.ga

I support Benfica (portuguese team, and I'm also Portuguese haha), but I enjoy watching other great teams play, like Chelsea, Liverpool and City (I watch the bpl a lot too, apart from the portuguese league). Hoping we'll beat spurs for europa league, though nobody really cares about that competition haha

Never really followed the Purtuguese league I'm sorry to admit, I watch some German football, and a little Spanish (though only the big games, that league is way to slow), and I don't think we get it on any channels here.

And I'm afraid I have to support Spurs for the Europa League, they're the only English team standing any chance of doing well in Europe (and if they win the competition then there's less chance of Man Utd qualifying for a European competition, and their failure brings me joy :p)

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Went to Barnsley versus Nottingham Forest last Saturday, taking my Football League ground total up to 33/92. Definitely the best atmosphere so far this season too. Hopefully by the end of two seasons' time I'll be halfway there!

Might as well get some European predictions in, because why not:

Atletico Madrid 1-1 Milan
Bayern Munich 1-0 Arsenal
Barcelona 0-1 Manchester City
Paris Saint-Germain 2-1 Bayer Leverkusen

AZ 0-0 Anzhi Makhachkala (definitely did not spell that name on memory)
Ludogorets Razgrad 0-1 Valencia
Porto 2-2 Napoli
Lyon 1-1 Viktoria Plzen
Sevilla 3-1 Real Betis
Tottenham Hotspur 1-1 Benfica
Basel 1-0 Red Bull Salzburg
Juventus 4-2 Fiorentina