• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Soccer Thread

Assassin9399

Wanna hug?
There is a very big difference, things like what Pepe did happen all the time in football. People do not bite each other on the pitch. While it is technically possible to press criminal charges (at least in English law, and the punishment for this would be pathetic anyway, he'd get off with a warning probably) I'm not saying that should happen. There was malice, and for me this is as serious as Cantona punching a fan. He bit an opponent in a crucial World Cup match, and it's the third timed he's done such a thing. He got 10 matches for each of the other 2 if I'm not mistaken (not sure about the first though), he still has not learnt, if there is not a serious ban in place then it sends the message that this is acceptable, and obviously 10 match ban is not a serious punishment as he continues to bite opponents.

Yet why is a bite so horrible? Yes it's bad and inappropriate, but it's not a crime that is worse then using a karate kick like Nigel de Jong did in the World Cup final, yet this one will be severely punished and De Jong walks free. Or are karate kicks more appropriate on a football pits then bites? I'd say that a karate kick is the more dangerous one.

I'm not saying that the bite shouldn't be punished, but I do ask for equal punishments that make sense when compared with one another. I find it that too often players are punished compared to how big the media make it, instead of how sever the foul was.

This is Suarez third time doing this and he has done other unsportman like things in the past too. He has really done too much s*** not to suffer a serious ban. And just because he would do anything to win doesn't excuse it. Really he should be punished more for breaking rules to do so.

That doesn't change the fact that Suarez will probably get a huge ban whereas many others are ignored and forgotten, some of them even worse than this one.

Last edited:

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
Gutted for Ivory Coast, thought they secured the win. Stupid penalty to give away there.

And Suarez is just plain stupid to go and bite someone else again. What's wrong with him? I bet he was paid to do that.

Nightmareisalive

That doesn't change the fact that Suarez will probably get a huge ban whereas many others are ignored and forgotten, some of them even worse than this one.

Most of those things do get punished anyway in some form. Not by being sent of during the match but later. Anyway this would be the time to make an example of that and start showing that all those acts will be punished.

Sephora

yes I'm back
There was a lot of bullsh*t in today's games. Italy did not deserve that red card and loss, and Greece did not deserve that penalty kick. Just goes to show how much difference the ref can make. *sigh*

torterra_4_the_win

Ya want some?
I am sorry but Uruguay DID not deserve to win. Marchisio DID NOT deserve a red card for what appears to be an accidental tackle. The refs made us lose ONCE AGAIN. I am in despair right now and so is my family. We watched Suarez bite Chiellini and the ref did not even pull out one red card? Are you kidding me?

If I was Prandelli I would resign also. That game was f****** ******** to the max.

We deserved to win. All Italians know that the refs were unfair. Stupid South American teams having the refs on their side.

Poor Pirlo and Buffon. I am going to miss them so much.

Passionate fan here. You'll have to get in line, England are first in line to riot against the Uruguayans for time wasting (at the 60th F*****G minute!) and Suarez for well, being Suarez.

It's alright, this world cup is full of surprises. I agree Italy deserved to go through. It was not a red card either haha. And Prandelli did quit, I believe.

Am I the only one who finds what Suarez did hilarious? In a horrible way? No? Anybody?

You're not the only one, when I saw the news article about Suarez biting Chiellini I laughed. I still think it's a stupid thing to do now, he's a psychopath. When playing for Ajax he bit someone, got a 7 game ban, then playing for Liverpool he bit Ivanovic and got a 10 game ban. This time, banned from all international competitions IMO, that's right, I said all international competitions. I don't even care anymore about over-exaggerating, if that psychopathic lunatic is off the pitch I'm happy, especially against England.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
So what should happen to my little brother who has bitten me on several occasions? Throw him in jail? This wasn't even a bite anyway. It was "resting the teeth in someone's flesh". A real bite would at least tear away some skin, we'd have seen blood or anything. If that would have happened, okay a 6-month ban would be okay.
I'd say there's difference in (what I assume is) a young kid biting his sibling, and a professional footballer in the biggest tournament for that sport biting someone during the game. For the third time in his career. Not only is it a low thing to do, it's a bad look for the sport. Imo he needs a lengthy ban.

Can't comment on the match because pfft 2am. Did see the second halfs of the Greece/Colombia matches. What do people think of Greece's penalty at the very end? Kicking the other guy's leg and going down getting a penalty... =/ Cruel on Ivory Coast.
Italy deserved it just as much [if not more than] Uruguay, sure, and the biting incident puts a sour taste in Uruguay's win,
:V

Sephora

yes I'm back
What do people think of Greece's penalty at the very end? Kicking the other guy's leg and going down getting a penalty... =/ Cruel on Ivory Coast.

It was absolute rubbish since the Ivory Coast player didn't even touch the Greece player! Instead the Greece player hits him on the leg and trips over his own foot. Wtf. Bad call on the ref, very bad call indeed.

I mean look at it closely.

Navin

MALDREAD
I wanted Italy and Ivory Coast to advance, but alas, referees played a huge role in deciding those games. Four South Americans teams in top side of the bracket though. Winner of Brazil vs Chile faces off against the winner of Colombia vs Uruguay. Only one of them will advance to the semifinals then. A lot of fans from those countries have come to Brazil due to proximity, so it'll definitely be more of a neutral feel.

Nightmareisalive

Can't comment on the match because pfft 2am. Did see the second halfs of the Greece/Colombia matches. What do people think of Greece's penalty at the very end? Kicking the other guy's leg and going down getting a penalty... =/ Cruel on Ivory Coast.

It was a tough one to call. There was contact and he did go down but I do think he went down easy. Sure he even looks like he hits his own foot and goes down :/ Some people will say it is a penalty other won't, I'll just say I'm glad I wasn't the ref. That was a major decision to make. I think this could be another thing added to all the mistakes the refs have made at this tournament.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
I can honestly see Chile eliminating Brazil.

Anyways, Mexico has no chance against the Netherlands, but if the Netherlands play how they played against Australia maybe just maybe Mexico may have a chance.

RVP vs Hernandez. So hyped up for that match.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
aw poor england i thought they are going to give at least a score on their final game before they exit the world cup, unfortunately the game ends with a draw with neither team didn't get to score.

well at least i still had argentina and brazil to root, and probably france and germany too.

The worst thing is that Suarez is the most important player for Uruguay. So they're probably not even going to stand a chance without him.
And we are going to watch a weaker , struggling Uruguay instead of Italy... :c
So we, the football enthusiasts en viewers get punished for his bite... GREAT!

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
http://www.football365.com/news/215...uis-Suarez-to-be-banned-after-biting-incident

I ****ing agree with everything in this article. Chiellini is right about it all. The ref was a douchebag and I hope he gets fired. I have lost so much respect for Suarez (I always respected him as a good player, but now we know he bites on purpose)

I agree with the first line: "the match was overshadowed by an incident a few minutes earlier when Suarez appeared to bite Chiellini."

I disagree with the rest. The red card was right under the ref's nose and every review of the assault pretty much showed that it was justified. The lines by Chielline about the courage of the ref also makes him seem like an incredible douchebag to be quite frank. Also the following is the total opposite of what happened, or what the Italians wanted the ref to see: “There had not been hard fouls and it was a balanced game." Then why were the Italians on the ground so much, oh, because they were faking half -if not more- of their injuries? Typical Italian football. They say that had good ball possession when they were playing with 11, that's statistically true, but only due to them disrupting the Uruguayan game by feigning tens and tens of injuries.

Where did it go wrong for Italy? First: They played incredibly poor against Costa Rica and they played for a tie against Uruguay. That's a bad tactical decision.

“I say that in a World Cup a referee can't use a red card so easily.” - Prandelli, spoken like a sore loser..

I can honestly see Chile eliminating Brazil.

Anyways, Mexico has no chance against the Netherlands, but if the Netherlands play how they played against Australia maybe just maybe Mexico may have a chance.

RVP vs Hernandez. So hyped up for that match.

The way Brazil played in their last game was pretty good, while Chile went down without being able to do much.. Tough call, but as a European in a tournament where the European teams are flying out left and right, I'm at least a bit happy that one side of the knock-out stage features 4 South American teams duking it out against each other. Chile, Brazil, Uruguay, Colombia.. Only one can advance to the semi-finals.

I said that we, would have a lot of problems with the Australians, and I will say it once again and again beating a sturdy Mexico is tricky.

See what I did there? xD

I'm more interested in the rest of the teams to be honest. With enough focus, there shouldn't be too many issues as Mexico misses that real definitive striker, but has an overall good offensive pressure and they build up quite effectively.

There was a lot of bullsh*t in today's games. Italy did not deserve that red card and loss, and Greece did not deserve that penalty kick. Just goes to show how much difference the ref can make. *sigh*

Italy deserved a lot more cards for their acting chops. They went down for every little graze like no tomorrow, from the two minutes extra time in the first half, 1.30 minutes were spent with Italians on the ground and MIRACULOUSLY getting up again. Come second half, 20 seconds in and an Italian is down on the ground. They were begging to get a yellow card themselves.. It's actually surprising that the ref didn't give one. The red card offense was right in front of the referee, a stretched out leg onto the shin with the ball gone. How's that not a red card? How did they not deserve the loss? They disrupted the entire first half by throwing themselves on the ground, disallowing any continuous play, Super Mario only won 2 duels he was in, out of 12, and the second half was made by Uruguay, by simply playing better on the counter. Italy was playing a 0-0 match from the start and it blew up in their face.

The Greek penalty is a bit more dubious though, I agree with that. In what I've seen in replays, the IC-player, ticked Samaras' leg slightly, which then tipped his balance and caused his feet to stumble, his toes to plow into the grass and for him to fall. There definitely was "contact" and it wasn't a 100%-dive (likely a bit dramatized by Samaras, of course), so whether it was a 100% penalty is something that can be disputed. In this case, the ref argued in favor of the Greek.

It wasn't a total BS-penalty like the one the Dutch got when a defender got the ball shot against his arm from two meters distance while not moving the arm towards the ball and with no time or chance to react and pull the arm away.

What about that moment in one of the games last night when the ball was literally smashed away and no penalty was given? I forgot which game, probably Uruguay-Italy or Ivory Coast-Greece.. I think Touré made a dribble and shot or it was from a corner or something..

Suarez is a bum who should be brutally murdered.

&

Marry Chile, Kill Uruguay, and **** Brazil.

Columbia is okay.

For a staff member, you're pretty radical. I just love what football does to people! xD

Puma Italia

Italy not getting out of the group stage.. again. What a disappointing way to end the World Cup. Suarez is a freak, I hope he is suspended and Uruguay loses their next game for those antics.

fishyfool

And a nice chianti
More like Chewy Suarez, right?

Three bites, and he should be out of football for good. When folk speak fighting tooth and claw, we don't mean literally fighting tooth and claw.