• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Soccer Thread

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Germany has been told not to score more goals and this makes me unhappy

fishyfool

And a nice chianti
There's only so many bullets you can pump into a corpse before it becomes dishonourable to the dead.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Nahhhhh! Netherlands is where it's at! Tomorrow, Netherlands vs. Argentina: 7-0 in the first 30 minutes! xD

Surely..

Germany vs. Netherlands finals: 12-32 in the first half..

i knew it germany will somehow win against brazil, now just watch how many fans are going to get disappointed about the brazil being crushed

anyway now there's only the netherlands vs argentina left, let's hope that the dutch will win then we'll get an european finals match

hail germany vs netherlands hopefully!

Uhm no, only Croatia deserved to beat Brazil. Against Mexico, it was a completely even game, they dominated Cameroon, they were better against Colombia (the one game they played well), and vs Chile it was pretty even.

I've been seeing this a lot, just like people saying Costa Rica deserved to win vs Holland. No, just because a smaller team manages to hold the other team from scoring doesn't mean they deserve to win. And Brazil (favorites vs Colombia, Chile and Mexico, mostly due to reputation) had chances in all those games. Against Mexico, all they did was shoot from far away, while Brazil actually had good chances right in front of the keeper. Against Chile, I wouldn't say it was completely even, but it wasn't super obvious one team deserved to beat the other. And vs Colombia, Brazil was better.

Yea I did sort of exaggerate on some of them but the point im trying to make is that Brazil have not been anyway great and that they are doing exceptionally to be in the semi final of the world cup. And tonight that has been made clear.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
There's only so many bullets you can pump into a corpse before it becomes dishonourable to the dead.

Not quite the way I was going to word it, but this is exactly my sentiments on this game. Kicking Brazil while they're down like this is really not justifiable no matter what, I don't think it's funny to see any team lose like this.

Not much I can say for the game tomorrow, except...

Surprise me Argentina, I actually want see a good game, whether or not you guys win.

Sephora

yes I'm back
Idc what happens anymore, but I hope Muller doesn't score any more goals. I want James Rodriguez to win the Golden Boot for this World Cup.

bobjr

Staff member
It's great that the German players are just bored of celebrating.

Rezzo

Occasionally
Are there any Dutch or Argentinans around? I'm honestly curious to find out how you feel about potentially playing this German side

While I'm no Brazil fan, it's pretty shameful. Kinda sucks to watch

Brazil have lost their front two wheels and it's been a joke performance by them. Why do you feel bad though?

As I've been writing this, Germany have scored again, what is this madness

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
Yea I did sort of exaggerate on some of them but the point im trying to make is that Brazil have not been anyway great and that they are doing exceptionally to be in the semi final of the world cup. And tonight that has been made clear.

Yeah that is true. I don't think Argentina should be there either. I think the top 4 teams that should have been there would be Germany, France, Netherlands and... Brazil/Argentina/Colombia?

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Seven. And they're supposed to be holding back now?

they probably won't hold back since its germany's game, they'll probably continue to attack how many more goals they can get until the reach of full time, germans show no mercy in this match o_o

Sephora

yes I'm back
7-0 Germany? Damnnn. This loss for Brazil has the same result as South Korea's loss against Portugal in the 2010 World Cup. If that doesn't add to the embarassment, then I don't know what will.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Brazil have lost their front two wheels and it's been a joke performance by them. Why do you feel bad though?

Watching any team lose this bad is shameful, I don't see what's so funny about that unless you really don't like Brazil, but at that point it's literally kicking someone while they're down. Like, most of my interest was gone when USA and Mexico lost, but I can't truthfully say I like seeing so much bashing of any single team.

7-0 right now. God i love this game. Bathing in the blood of your enemies has never been so fun.

bobjr

Staff member
Watching any team lose this bad is shameful, I don't see what's so funny about that unless you really don't like Brazil, but at that point it's literally kicking someone while they're down. Like, most of my interest was gone when USA and Mexico lost, but I can't truthfully say I like seeing so much bashing of any single team.

For me it's because it's another case of the host country getting easy calls and ref bias but losing to the better German team like Korea in 2002, but when the Germans aren't even trying and still scoring you just have to wonder how this country won't riot.