• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Soccer Thread

XxVascoxX

Saw a little boy crying , this seriously ended my celebration of the 5 th goal if i recall.

what a delightful match! great team play by germany!

Rezzo

Occasionally
Watching any team lose this bad is shameful, I don't see what's so funny about that unless you really don't like Brazil, but at that point it's literally kicking someone while they're down. Like, most of my interest was gone when USA and Mexico lost, but I can't truthfully say I like seeing so much bashing of any single team.

It happens. I'm certainly not implying that I enjoy it more than a competitive match, but it's only a game after all

Yeah that is true. I don't think Argentina should be there either. I think the top 4 teams that should have been there would be Germany, France, Netherlands and... Brazil/Argentina/Colombia?

Argentina have been just alright, but Messi has been brilliant. Teams like france have played a more complete game than Argentina but obviousy they went out to Germany.
For a neutral it has been brilliant tonight. THERE GOES THE CLEAN SHEET FOR NEUER.......

Sephora

yes I'm back
For me it's because it's another case of the host country getting easy calls and ref bias but losing to the better German team like Korea in 2002, but when the Germans aren't even trying and still scoring you just have to wonder how this country won't riot.

No one should be compared to Korea in 2002. The Korean bias in that shameful World Cup has no comparison.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Brazil can still win if they catch the Snitch, right?

I mean, the score's 7-1 now. They can avoid a Krum situation here.

Oh, wait, time's called. nvm

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
lol they're announcing to German fans in German to stay in the stadium so they don't get killed on the way out.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Brazil can still win if they catch the Snitch, right?

I mean, the score's 7-1 now. They can avoid a Krum situation here.

Oh, wait, time's called. nvm

7-1 are you kidding me lol, is there any chance of minimizing the gap

anyway so germans are finally through (7 to 1), they will face whoever wins the argentina vs netherlands series

kudos for brazil for at least scoring one goal

since its german time to shine here, shall we see the dutch shining on the match vs argentina hopefully we could.

fishyfool

And a nice chianti
And thus the streets of Rio gave way to anarchy.

I don't think I've seen a team get annihilated this badly in a long time. This is an all too literal 6-0 sweep.

Sephora

yes I'm back
Del Bosque and Scolari should get together and discuss their humiliating losses this World Cup.

Taking all bets on the riots after the game. I'm betting anarchy with a side of brazilian tears.

Sephora

yes I'm back
Eh, I said it from the start: this Brazilian team is not that strong. They got this far because they were the hosts and had the crowd and ref advantage (I'm looking at you, Colombian match).

Skobby

Fairy Slayer
Germany outplayed them fully, Shurrle's first goal was great.

Happy to see Klose break the world record.

bailey.ga

Is it sad that as an Englishman I feel some pride in the fact that when Germany thrashed us it was only 4-1?

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
It happens. I'm certainly not implying that I enjoy it more than a competitive match, but it's only a game after all

It's not so much that, but I don't really approve of any team getting that kind of attitude, no matter who it is. Like, it's not a question of whether not Germany should have won that, I don't think anyone should be doubting that at this point. Banter is okay regardless, but this is more than just banter we've got going here. No doubt that there are Brazilians who are definitely going to take this loss too far, but I can't do anything but feel bad for the team itself.

Sephora

yes I'm back
It's not so much that, but I don't really approve of any team getting that kind of attitude, no matter who it is. Like, it's not a question of whether not Germany should have won that, I don't think anyone should be doubting that at this point. Banter is okay regardless, but this is more than just banter we've got going here. No doubt that there are Brazilians who are definitely going to take this loss too far, but I can't do anything but feel bad for the team itself.

I 100% agree. Every team should at least be given some sort of respect, no matter what the results happen to be. I mean, yeah, it's great to celebrate that your team won and the other team lost, but some people take it way too far.