• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Soccer Thread

Lolsgod

Sexy Trainer
brazil got ripped off by the dutch

i might say this could be worse than they lost to the germans

they haven't had a chance to score not even for once

full time brazil 0 netherlands 3

dutch received third place and tomorrow we'll have argentina vs germany for the championship

How was Brazil ripped off? They just got outplayed.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
Brazil's lack of quality exposed. Honestly surprised Chile ir Colombia didn't eliminate them earlier.
Anyways just 2 goals away from most World Cup goals in a single tournament. Banking on Germany 2-0 Argentina

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
This game wasn't nearly as embarrassing to watch as their last game, 3-0 is a lot less ridiculous than 7-1. Didn't look like Brazil did much better this time, but it could have been a lot worse for Brazil than this. Hoping for tomorrow to be an exciting game for both teams, though.

Sephora

yes I'm back
I wanted the Netherlands to score more goals against the horrid Brazilian players. I have always loved Brazil as a team in the WC, but it has been embarassing to watch them this year.

Brazil's lack of quality exposed. Honestly surprised Chile ir Colombia didn't eliminate them earlier

The ref is to blame. Honestly, Colombia were robbed; they are by far a better team than Brazil.

Navin

MALDREAD
Not the best ref work, but honestly, it didn't matter. The Dutch deserved 3rd place. They were fantastic. I honestly think they outplayed Argentina more in the SF even if the result was a loss. I don't think people predicted Netherlands to be in the final three at this WC. Brazil just found ways to win games, but that luck finally ended. It would have been nice if Neymar wasn't injured. It wouldn't have mattered against Germany (that score would still be at least 3-1 with Neymar & Silva), but it could have made the game closer today. Man, how many tears would be shed if Argentina wins the World Cup on Brazilian ground.

Sephora

yes I'm back
Man, how many tears would be shed if Argentina wins the World Cup on Brazilian ground.
Not just over Argentina. I think at this point, that some of the Brazilians would rather Argentina win than the team that humiliated them so badly. Plus, Neymar is apparently cheering for his teammate in Barcelona to win the cup (Messi). Knowing the Brazilian supporters and their love for Neymar, I am sure some would probably go along with Neymar's choice. I know if I were Brazilian, I'd rather my biggest rival win over a team that shamed us so brutally.
But then again, the Argentinian hatred is strong in Brazil so I am sure that there will also be many cheering for Germany. I think either way, there will be tears shed from Brazilians ever since their boot from the competition. Germany or Argentina winning will be devastating for them either way.

Last edited:

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
I just want Germany to win. Screw the little Soouth American rivalry subplot going on. It must burn some Brazil fans that they are cheering their hated rivals because Germany annihilated them World War 2 Blitzkrieg style
That would just make a Germany win all the more sweeter

Keysmash

buys meat
Expecting a Germany win, 85-90% sure. It'd be nice to see otherwise, but I doubt Argentina will be able to draw out Messi's full potential, especially against a team like Germany.

All in all, excluding any UFO appearances on tomorrow's match or whatever, this WC has been meh. Brazil vs. Germany was of course hilarious/legitimately sad, but overall, save for a few, the tournament's been pretty mediocre.

Sephora

yes I'm back
The thing is unlike Argentina who has one "star" player, Germany is an all out star team. Even if I may not be a fan of theirs, I have to admit that they are a pretty damn good team. They don't have one star, but many and that is how it should be. Football is a team sport, after all. I would LOVE it if Argentina win, but Germany has a higher chance of claiming the winning title.

Keysmash

buys meat
Less than an hour away from kick-off. I wonder if Argentina will change their line-up since they're playing against such a powerhouse.

EDIT: Argentina's surprisingly dangerous on the counterattack.

Last edited:

Sephora

yes I'm back
This is a really good final. Both teams are playing very well. Vamos Argentina!

nameman

A goal at last! Germany only needs to hold to win the first World Cup for a European side in South America.

Recon

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

Germany's got this

nameman

And Germany has made history after so many times. They have won the World Cup!

Sephora

yes I'm back
Germany won :/ But I have to admit, they were pretty good throughout the tournament and deserved to win. Poor Argentina, they played so well as well and had a lot of chances.

Last edited:

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
Yeah Argentina they had so many chance to score but of course they choked. So much for relying on Messi for a miracle.

nameman

Yeah Argentina they had so many chance to score but of course they choked. So much for relying on Messi for a miracle.

The problem is that other than Messi, Argentina's other players they could rely on were unreliable. It was the Messi show and pretty much only the Messi show

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I would have much rather seen Argentina win, but it's no surprise to see Germany win, both teams did well. It was an interesting game to watch overall, especially the last 30 minutes.

Meanwhile James Rodríguez comes out a winner with his lead of goals, congrats to him.

Sephora

yes I'm back
At least Muller isn't winning the Golden Boot, thank god; I can't stand him. Congrats James Rodriguez, he has a bright future.