• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Social Groups Deleted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finch.

Sunlight, sunlight~
Well, I just noticed a TON of social groups were deleted (it seems like) out of the blue. Can a mod step forward and explain why this was done, please?

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
often times social groups aren't really looked after, so when someone finally gets a chance to look, there end up being a lot of rule-breaking ones to delete at once

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
it doesn't matter if a group is "good" or not if it breaks the rules..

Finch.

Sunlight, sunlight~
often times social groups aren't really looked after, so when someone finally gets a chance to look, there end up being a lot of rule-breaking ones to delete at once

Okay, but I would've responded to any PMs involving asking if MY social groups could be deleted within a timely manner.. >_<

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
huh? i dont get what youre saying

Finch.

Sunlight, sunlight~
Well, if you told me what was wrong with a rule breaking group I might own, then I would have tried to fix it...this is going to get big you know, that's quite a few groups that people liked..

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Where are the social group rules

in the announcements forum

and from what i understand most of the groups that were deleted were pretty much beyond fixing and were total spam. when ive gone to delete groups in the past the most common offenders are usually groups that are repeats of existing groups, groups that are about specific threads on the forum (often games, clans, rpgs, etc) or groups that have no real purpose and are just to talk and such.

Finch.

Sunlight, sunlight~
Wow, that sounds like you just named everything I like to do. :/

Oh well, is there any way that we could have a chatting group, I mean, it's kinda good to just have a place to sit around and chat in...

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
no. theyre usually total spam and there's a chat thread in the miscellaneous polls section.

Finch.

Sunlight, sunlight~
There is? Wow, I need to get to know this place better!

This place can be closed now, since you're probably already considering it..

Status
Not open for further replies.