• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Social Media platforms

What's your favorite social media platform?

• Instagram

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • FaceBook

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Twitter

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Reddit

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • other

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SummerHaze

Instagram is the best for me.To tell the truth I can't imagine my life without social media platforms anymore, esp Instagram. It's like a photo diary of everyone's life. Recently I found out how to see your activity on instagram, that's convy and easy to do. Now I can track anyone's activity and keep informed on what my favorite celebrities, kids and friends like on Instagram.

Last edited:

Zora

perpetually tired
Twitter is my "favorite." It's still terrible. Tumblr was honestly very chill (albeit, not without its share of problems), but the NSFW ban was honestly too disruptive. Mostly, I'm interested in accessing fannish works--fun headcanons, funny quotes/subtitles/RP screencaps, fanart, that sort of thing--for whatever my new favorite ship is, and I find twitter works the best. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That said, while twitter works, it's just a frustrating experience otherwise that I keep coming back to because no alternative works.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Twitter and Facebook have their pros and cons.

Facebook has some annoying boomers and all around idiots, but at least I can get rid of them from my personal space.
I had to do that with a couple of people who are just slinging mud at this point.

Twitter is a great way to catch up with video game news or what-have-you, and there are some cool people with twitter accounts.
However, there are still jerks with a lot of influence on Twitter, and I hate how interconnected Twitter is sometimes.

I like getting the latest video game news in a quick manner, so I like Twitter more, plus some people on twitter are really nice.
Facebook is more of a personally "hook up with friends" site, so I do get value from that as well.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Twitter is my "favorite." It's still terrible. Tumblr was honestly very chill (albeit, not without its share of problems), but the NSFW ban was honestly too disruptive. Mostly, I'm interested in accessing fannish works--fun headcanons, funny quotes/subtitles/RP screencaps, fanart, that sort of thing--for whatever my new favorite ship is, and I find twitter works the best. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That said, while twitter works, it's just a frustrating experience otherwise that I keep coming back to because no alternative works.
Twitter is a cesspool of pain and hatred. Reddit is also a cesspool of pain and hatred. But Twitter has cool official artwork for fandoms I like, and Reddit has r/surrealmemes, r/DDLC, and r/NEKOPARAGAME

so

i have no choice

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
None.

Mostly because social media is a blight on humanity due to misinformation and disinformation being the end of the world that it is propagating for profits.

But to access some people, you need it.

Because E-Mail and Snail Mail is private.

Reyzadren

Dark trainer
None, they don't have features that I want.

So, I'll just say Youtube or Flickr if you count them as social media.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I guess Twitter due to some of the memes, art, discussions, and communities but I don’t really use it as much because of how much of an echo chamber it is. You can’t like or dislike something without everyone taking it personally. The back and forth between almost all Nintendo/Pokémon fans about literally everything ultimately made me just stop being active. I still go on there to see what people are talking about occasionally though

nel3

Crimson Dragon
forum sites yes, anything else no (blank) way i will join those other popular sites. i do have a youtube problem that many suffer from but i dont see much point in FB, TW insta and whatever the young'uns are into these days.

TBH i was rather happy and laughing inside at how many people were freaking out because their favorite social media sites were down for 6hrs.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Twitter. I've been on there for a decade, and while it's not perfect, I've made a ton of friends and professional connections through it. My last two jobs came through connections I made on Twitter.

I really try to stay away from anything owned by Facebook. I have a Facebook account, but I rarely use it.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
just regular old forums and YT, nothing else. too much BS floating on social media anyway and its a toxic boasting platform.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Facebook most of my family uses it. The rest isn't my thing. I also avoid TikTok because of the sad stories of dangerous challenges and disgusting memes.

Devious Lick for example can be misinterpreted but it involves nasty pranks related to property damage. One involved a school boy revmoving most of the bolts on the tyres of a principals car. That's DANGEROUS.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Facebook most of my family uses it. The rest isn't my thing. I also avoid TikTok because of the sad stories of dangerous challenges and disgusting memes.

Devious Lick for example can be misinterpreted but it involves nasty pranks related to property damage. One involved a school boy revmoving most of the bolts on the tyres of a principals car. That's DANGEROUS.
apparently the devious licks actually came from facebook

both facebook and tiktok suck tho

Palamon

Silence is Purple
I honestly only use Twitter nowadays. I used to want to be on everything, but I just feel like being on twitter and nothing else, really.

Sometimes, I'll post in a Reddit, or two, but rarely, if ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.