• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Soft reseting???

FrothyKat

On the topic of factory resetting for the purpose of clearing glitch data, is it possible to "contract" glitches from other games via trading or battling, or by being traded cloned Pokemon or anything?

Rakurai

Nope. There doesn't seem to be any possible way to glitch up your game by receiving something in a trade.

I am really mad nintendo added factory reset 2 the games, I tried it on my emerald, turned the game off quick, but still, my file got corrupted, 7 EV raised 2 LV 100 and 6 silver symbols earned 4 nuttin, guess i am gonna have 2 get curselax again, not the easy way by snagging from Ardos in XD, but by breeding, I'm such a retard my ONLY LV 100s now are a Groudon, tyranitar, espeon, Jirachi, EV raised and Squirtle, EV raised

I guess I am gonna have 2 raise my zappy as Raikou was erased

Hikari14

Is it true that the ONLY way to start a new game is to do a factory reset?

You can start a new game but you can not save if there is still a previous saved game in your data. If you want to have a fresh start, completely deleting your previous game, then you'll have to do factory reset.