• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Soft reseting???

Umbreon Rider

Tolkien fan 4 eva
soft resent is NEW GAME right?
if yes then yeah i guess so.

And how do you factory reset anyway?

mrrrrrrr KENNEDY

Latest (SR)
no soft reseting is when you hold A+B+START+SELECT for a quicker way to reset for shinys not factory reseting

Umbreon Rider

Tolkien fan 4 eva
no soft reseting is when you hold A+B+START+SELECT for a quicker way to reset for shinys not factory reseting[/QUOTEoh! that is soft reseting? i do it all the time! well i hope it works in dp i use it....and i asked HOW to factory reset...not that i want to..

Umbreon Rider

Tolkien fan 4 eva
except in dp it's L+R+Start+Select not A+B+Start+select =/
L+R+START+SELECT ok! thanks! and bout factory reseting? ive heard it completely cleans out your game every bit.

Umbreon Rider

Tolkien fan 4 eva
yes thank you on my bahalf as well mrbadboy

Factory reset, never heard of this, is it in 3rd gen, or was it recently added, cause I have NEVER heard of it b4.

Umbreon Rider

Tolkien fan 4 eva
Factory reset, never heard of this, is it in 3rd gen, or was it recently added, cause I have NEVER heard of it b4.
factory reset:
it was in 3rd gen but is in DP also. It erases avery bit of data so it will be like it just came out of the factory. just the game will remain. It is used when a cheat has messed up the game.

I know what soft resting is, where you reset your game, but factory reset? wiping out every little bit of data? guess nintendo uses it to wipe a cheater's file if they catch em cheating in a tourney

Umbreon Rider

Tolkien fan 4 eva
I know what soft resting is, where you reset your game, but factory reset? wiping out every little bit of data? guess nintendo uses it to wipe a cheater's file if they catch em cheating in a tourney
NO WAY! they cant do that. YOU do it when a cheat has messed up your game. if they factoryR it, it will be like stealing, against the law.

XDbonsly

Bonsly lover 4 life!
They put in a factory reset because if something goes wrong with your file and you cant even access it, you will be able to wipe every bit of saved data, even missingno side effects, from your game.
Soft reseting is now L+R+Start+Select, and yes you can still do it for shineys.