1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Soft resetting for pokemon gender in Colosseum?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation III Discussion' started by Redradish, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Redradish

Redradish angry at ho-oh

Does pokemon Colosseum have a different system of determining the gender of shadow pokemon than the main series games? Specifically, I'm trying to soft reset for a female Quilava so I can catch it in a premier ball and breed it in gen 6 for the ball. I've already played through the game after having picked Bayleef in Phenac city. Now I'm at the Snagem Hideout trying to catch Quilava from Rosso but every time I soft reset, it's male. After some experimentation, it seems like the IVs and nature are different every time but the gender doesn't change. Is colosseum's RNG glitched or am I just extremely unlucky?

2. Prof. SALTY

Prof. SALTY The Scruffy Professor

As far as I'm aware it's random. I've seen playthroughs with female Bayleafs but mine was male.

3. TokoyamiTheDark

TokoyamiTheDark The Purple Karakasa

It is mere bad luck. The only Pokémon with locked gender are Espeon and Umbreon. I have all 3 Johto starters as female with no cheats used, but I had to reset quite often.