• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Soft Resetting for Shinies

Typhlosionvsworld

Y u mad bro?
Lot's of people talk about SR. You can discuss your successful Soft Reset shinies here. But one question: how do you do it?

Mister_SGG

Well, I haven't done in it 4th gen recently, but I've been doing it for Kyurem since Thursday. It had better be worth it.

zapto369

Because I'm Worth It
A soft reset is a way to go back to the last place you saved without turn on and off you DS.To soft reset you have to press the L,R, Start, and the Select buttons at the same time.

rykerr1

The Great Gublet
On Thursday I successfully SR'd for Lugia =) Lonely nature, but I don't use Legendaries anyway.

I've been SR'ing everything interactable on my second playthrough of Soul Silver. So far I've gotten Feraligatr, Sudowoodo, and Lugia. Next target will be Zapdos or Articuno, whichever one I get to first.

Once I get all interactable shinies in SS (so Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, and Groudon) I plan on restarting Platinum and doing the same there. But that will take a REALLY long time haha.

I also plan on SRing for Landorus on White. I started shiny hunting after I beat it and got everything except Landorus... kinda wishing I'd SR'd for the Trio and Kyurem, but there's nothing I can do about it at this point.

Pein99

play since red/blue
the only shiny i hav is gyarados but every1 gets that without to much trouble

Typhlosionvsworld

Y u mad bro?
ON my Platinum file, I'm about to SR for Giritina, which should take a while. After that I'll go for the lakies, then the rest of the legends.

\Mightyena/

I'm SRing for a shiny starter on soul silver. Then I play to just solely shiny hunt on that game.

I have tried SR'ing but I never had enough patience to go through with it. :/

I still remain shiny less in Sinnoh to this day.

Pein99

play since red/blue
Can u sr ho-oh in heartgold after it appears or no

Pein99

play since red/blue
K thx cause im doing it right now

ravagerduck

Ghost Trainer
i'm SRing in platinium and i'm trying to get a shiny turtwig but i need to save before oppening the briefcase right??