• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Soft Resetting question

legendarypokemonjunkie17

Back in MY day...
I have emerald and I play it on my ds lite. Is it possible to sr emerald while playing it on the ds and if so, how?

I apologize if thi thread is in the wring place or if this thread already exists.

U DIE TONIGHT

don't be afraid
Yeah just press a,b, start and select. Simple.

wayc

Latias Fanatic!!!
The thread will sink by itself. The mods here don't generally go locking every resolved issue.

I've always been curious though, what is the purpose of a soft reset? Is it somehow helpful in searching for shinies? How does that work? Or is it just if you accidentally faint a static legendary or something? In that case, is it really too much more work to flick the power switch twice?

Alzi

Toon link
It's just a faster way to turn your game on and off, And i'd suggest not soft reseting on the ds since it's much harder to do then on the sp witch is easier to soft reset.

Demon-gamer

{Elemental Paladin}
by turning off the switch you waste the internal battery of your game. and when it is all gone you cannot save or- not sure about this one- not be able to play at all.

Shattered Rift

Beginning Trainer
by turning off the switch you waste the internal battery of your game. and when it is all gone you cannot save or- not sure about this one- not be able to play at all.
I'm not sure whether it affects the game battery or not. It certainly affects the system, though. Think of it as turning a lightswitch off and back on: the bulb's life gets shot more that way than being left on (depending on how long you'd leave it on for).

It can also be used on legendaries and the like while shiny hunting and in case you accidentally knock them out. Same with any other "touchy" point in the game, really (personally I do it with Gym Leaders my first time against them, since I normally don't spend very much of my cash, and would prefer not to lose it).