• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Soft-Resetting Starters

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyPichu4Ever

Eye of the Storm
I'm just wondering how exactly SRing works and if the odds are still 1/8192. If anyone can tell me it would be appreciated.

You mean saving the game just as you get the choice to choose your starter and turning off the game if it's not Shiny? Yeah, the rate is still the same. Even worse if the chance is split between the three choices. But I don't think that's the case.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
There's your answer. Also with these games (or any, beside HG/SS), the starter preview picture will not show if it's shiny or not, so you have to actually get it and check the status screen yourself to see if it is shiny or not before soft resetting.

That chance is the same for any and every Pokemon, btw. Anyway, answered, so closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.