• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Solid As A Solrock (376)

MayShuufan said:
It was quite a good eppie except what really annoyed me was they turned Tate into a guy! Tate and Liza are both girls as far as I know, correct me if I'm wrong.
No, Tate's Male, and Liza's Female. Tate's name doesn't really betray anything though; I thought the same thing when I saw them together, but I've long since learned the truth.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

Ashy Boy

Paul's #1 Rival
Most of the episode was great.

Highlight of the ep: Pikachu & Swellow using thunder power to defeat Lunatone & Solrock

However, Team Rocket really messed up big time especially Meowth and his plan to steal the gym leader's pokemon that almost worked.

Charizard86

Charizard Champion
≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈ said:
No, Tate's Male, and Liza's Female. Tate's name doesn't really betray anything though; I thought the same thing when I saw them together, but I've long since learned the truth.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

You know I always thought Tate was a girl too, like Liza's twin sister, until i saw this episode. It's very hard to tell.

Anyway I thought this was a good episode apart from how Pikachu & Swellow actually won the battle. That thunder-armor-charge thing looked visually impressive but it doesn't make any sence. Swellow was already weakened considerably and shouldn't have been able to withstood a powerful thunder attack from the one & only Pikachu, yet it makes it twice as strong as before, able to break through solarbeam & lightscreen, which also strikes me as odd since light screen is strong against special attacks so the electricity shouldn't have been useful against it. Oh well....he won anyway.

Battra

The Gym episodes are always great, seeing Pikachu and Swellow work togther and absorb that Thunder attack was very cool. So now Ash has his 7th badge so it's on to Sootopolis now.

Knight_Ram

I liked the battle overall but the electric armor was a little stupid in my opinion. I loved Team Rockets Opera Space Motto
I have to agree with you about both things!

I loved the start of the battle indoors, the whole thing was great, teamwork was going well, and Ash was doing OK in the battle but had a good tactic by trying to use the fact that the twins. Liza and Tate weren't working in sync together until Team Rocket showed up with their funny Opera Motto.

Once they were outdoors finishing off their battle, i liked the fact that Ash was using his same great tricks against Liza and Tate. But the one thing that really annoyed me was the fact that Ash had to rely on his unrealistic strategies again... The Thunder Armour. But if it wasn't for that, this battle would have been boring with nothing epic, which most Gym battles should have.

I am going to have to give this episode a 7.6/10 Only because there was some silly unrealistic moments with the Thunder Armour and the weird trick of the double teamed Pikachu and Swellow showing us no evidence of them actually disappearing and somehow not being seen by Liza and Tate since they were outside. Because if they were outside, they twins would have been able to of seen Pikachu and Swellow trying to pull a trick and appear once Solrock and Lunatone take out all of the clones.

Last edited:

Knight_Ram

What do you mean you have already watched it? This episode is pretty old.. About a year or two old..

I didn't mind the music.. wasn't really too fussed. Good Double Battle. Very unique idea to have a Gym that is based on double battles.

bhrettzerda053

I have returned.....
That's a grueling battle for Ash because Liza and Tate take turns battling! I don't know what's the will of their Baltoy to change the battlefield(which takes the advantage for Liza and Tate) but in the overall of the episode, it looks cool. Oh yeah, I love Tate's appearance minus that I might see him dressed like Liza. (I guess not.) Oh, Serebii, why didn't 4Kids air the next episode?

Umbreon_13

nice but i haven't watcched the anime in months so i would have no clue what to tell you

Igottapoo

In my nightmares
This was a very good gym battle. Thunder Armor really surprised me and the way Swellow was able to take it like that was really neat. I loved this battle a lot.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
gym battles are the best there are that's why i liked this episode, it had some impressive moments in it.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
Liza and Tate were a good team, with strong Pokemon.

I'm surprised that Swellow managed to keep going after being hit by all that electricity though.

Splitzman

Bad to the Horn
After just watching this episode I must say that it is rather humorous. Seeing the misconnection between Tate and Liza really allowed Ash to intercept and almost claim victory (can you say the shortest Gym battle ever)? Team Rockets intro was funny as well, singing in operatic style for some strange reason tickled my fancy. Also, hearing the line about the escape hatch had me in a riot. The one thing with the episode was not the second battle, but rather a part of it. That's right, Thunder Armor. A bit cheap, but the animators probably couldn't think of anything else to put in for the victory.

9/10

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Great gym battle.

Swello and Pikachu were great with the new armor, what a power!

9/10

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
This gym battle was incredibly messed up, but brought back memories of Kanto. How is Thunder Armor even possible? XD

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
This was a decent Gym battle, especially right after the shuttle incident involving Max and Tate. Liza and Tate's Solrock and Lunatone were pretty tough to beat and things got really tense near the middle of the battle. Things got ridiculous near the end of the battle though. Everything from that point onwards was too convenient. Suddenly, when Pikachu and Swellow are losing, they "learned" a combo move we've never seen before and that they'll never use again? Oh please. At least they beat Solrock and Lunatone, but it was a random victory. 7/10.

Last edited:

Vipsoccermaster

This was a great episode, Ash using a combination to defeat Lunatone and Solrock. I think Tate and Liza better thank Team Rocket for getting themselves in sync again.