• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Solid As A Solrock (376)

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Good hym battle, it was a pretty good double one. I thought Tate was actually female too because of the name and I knew someone who sometimes was called Tate (Who was a girl),.

Actually don't mind Swellow thunder armor, remember back when it was a Talliow and it kept attacking even after Pikachu's electric attack? Well if a simple Talliow can fight through it then I can imagine Swellow will able to more easily.

G50

No longer posting
This episode was good. The gym battle to me was great! Lunatone and Solrock vs Pikachu and Swellow was an interesting matchup. It was cool to see Swellow really endure all of those electric attacks and even the big Thunder attack to gain temporary golden armor with Pikachu to be able to defeat Lunatone and Solrock. It was funny when after Ash won, he hugged Swellow and Pikachu and got shocked from the electricity.

96/100

TheEpicGoomba

This episode was good. The battle was really cool,especially since it was a double battle. Ash seemed to struggle with this battle,just like me. When Swellow and Pikachu was hit by Thunder and they got the armour really did not make any sense what so ever. Apart from that I am glad they got the badge.

Vernikova

Champion
Oh, the infamous "Thunder Armor" episode. What a deus ex machina that one is. It's still the single most ridiculous thing to ever happen on this show even after all of these years. They made Tate and Liza too powerful when they were in sync and they had to get themselves out this situation one way or another. Silly writers.

World Turtle

Just saying had Corphish evolved to Crawdaunt (Water/Dark), Ash would of had a Pokemon immune to Psychic attacks, and have the Type Advantage over Solrock and Lunatone.

phanpycross

God-king
Aside from the stupid thunder-aromor stuff, this was a pretty cool episode. I wish snorunt or torkoal had starred instead, since picking the worst pokemon against the types were really weird.

76/100

I don't see what's wrong with Ash using Thunder Armor to win...
If it's a strategy that helps him to win a tough gym battle, then more power to him.

Another one of those things that I don't understand why it's such a big deal in the first place...

All I'll say now is that golden Pikachu and Swellow looks simply beautiful! :)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I don't see what's wrong with Ash using Thunder Armor to win...

Because it didn't make an iota of sense even in this anime. Pikachu running his electricity through Swellow shouldn't have given him and Swellow a metallic coating. It was pure plot hax in my view.

JudySpell

Banned
Thunder Armor was a bad idea and even though I like Swellow, I wish it hadn't been involved here at all and that Pikachu had teamed up with Corphish instead. 6/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I liked how the Mossdeep gym's battlefield resembled the moon and how there were planets floating in the air above it. Seeing Pikachu and Swellow use Thunder Armor was the low point here for me tho. :[

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I wish Ash had used Corphish or Grovyle in place of Swellow...

Even tho they would've had a type advantage, I still preferred Swellow's involvement. I just wish that his role here hadn't involved Thunder Armor and that he and Pikachu had won differently.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
My main complaint here was that Tate & Liza weren't psychic. Seriously, that would have made a very interesting battle. They'd know exactly what each other was thinking, complete each other's sentences, just like in the games. :c

Alloutℯ

Banned
Swellow and Pikachu. Interesting combination. I'm glad the writers explained why he chose Swellow, but Ash could have at least put some thought into it before choosing Pikachu.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Like many fans I was surprised by the Thunder Armor strategy although it might've been influenced by Swellow's Guts, so it could seem logical. :)

I've seen Guts cited as a possible explanation by fans for how Thunder Armor started, but I kind of think that the writing staff had no explanation for that combo and that they just pulled it out of nowhere. ^^;

Leonhart

Imagineer
I liked the Tokusane Gym's spacial battlefield, so I was upset that the setting changed in the second half. The Rocket-dan shouldn't have interrupted the Gym match, especially since their involvement preceded the "Thunder Armor" fiasco. Speaking of which, I wasn't sure why Satoshi was using Ohsubame in the first place.

Alloutℯ

Banned
The animation for the battle was well done and it's always nice to see Ash attempting to use a new unique strategy. Deus ex machina-eqsue victory aside, it was still an enjoyable battle.

Daizy

I call you honey
About Thunder Armor I guess that as soon as Pikachu and Swellow covered themselves in electricity, it gave them the chance to resist against Lunatone and Solrock's other attacks.