• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Some Changes to Posting

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Hey all

In an effort to stop the plague of spambots that keeps hitting us, there are now some changes. I hope you understand the fact this has to be done:

Specifically, you can now only post links if you have made over 10 posts. Now, I get that this may screw a few people up due to some posts not counting to your postcount, so I have also added a clause to allow for it to occur after you have been here for a month.

We've currently run it based on post count, but the server is taking a while to do the others.

Thanks all, and please understand that this may be necessary until we can get rid of these once and for all, since they continually evade all our human verification possibilities

~Serebii

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
I really hope that this finally stop the spam bots, since they were getting annoying.

Takatheeducatedkid

Eevee Devotee
This is a very good idea actually, it's not an overly hight post count you need to get and it should keep the spam bots away for the most part.

Ivoright

I am back! Probably.
Still getting a few spambots, I just saw one post quite a few links.

AuroriumX

The Interceptor
Hopefully this is a step in the right direction. The spambots really get annoying after you get tens of them during a single day.

mjunior3

Link Jokers!
hope it works out fine. hate spambots. so annoying

SlenderMan0

Destroyed&Recreated
What spambots? I've never seen one yet. :/

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
Spambots? hadn't seen those in a long while...

Enjolras

Master of the House
Really? I see them every other day at least. This change seems pretty failsafe.

the ash man83

Avid TCG Fan
Have these changes already been made? I ask because I've seen at least two spambots, both joined this month, 1 post each, since this announcement was made.

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
Well played. I used to mod a forum that get barraged by spambots, and it's a crazy to think most of that could have been prevented with this kind of system.

Anyway, good call, hopefully it works.