• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Some Enchanted Sweetening (498)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Some Enchanted Sweetening

On their way through Eterna Forest, Ash & Co. meet up with a trainer called Cheryl. She is looking for Sweet Honey so she can get some really rare Pokémon. Having found some Burmy, she learned that it has many different evolved forms. Having obtained three of them, Cheryl is trying to evolve her final Burmy to see what it will become. Team Rocket however have their eyes set on this Worm Family. Will they be stopped?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Pachirisu

<- He want da cookie
I saw this episode on T.V. It is pretty awsome. One of the better episodes IMO.

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
What a great episode. Burmy is one comical character. I loved it whenever it used its vine because it looked super-cool, and it was a laugh when it charged at Turtwig but then fell over and lost all its leaves. Speaking of losing its leaves, how the hell does it put it back on? It just seemed to move them around with its head.

Lol at the Burmy/Team Rocket scenes, especially when Wobuffet popped up with a melon and some chocolate on a plate, and when Meowth knocked out Burmy and everyone cheered only for them to suddenly remember that they wanted Burmy to win.

One of the funniest points of the episode, however, was Chansey slapping the hell out of everything and throwing its egg at its opponents. Ouch.

The episode's only downside is that Mothim sounds like a demented sheep :/

Zaraze

Drifblim landing!
LOL Burmy needs to get some glue. Mothim was cool and I liked seeing Wormadam. Wish Ash had gotten to battle all 3 Wormadams and Mothim at the end though. Oh well good episode overall and a nice deubt for Burmy's family.

Maestro Kinético

I didn't like this episode, its a very typical filler where a Pokémon evolves. The Minomadams were very stale, they looked like figures. The Team Rocket plan was very old and Giovanni scenes where very disgusting. I liked when Minomutchi used it's whip but the rest of the episode was a little bit boring. They didn't feature Mothim very well, they should have explained the evolution better.

The animation was great though.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
This episode was a little too 'been there, done that' for my tastes. The whole thing was essentially just a different take on the old Paras episode, only with a more interesting pokémon line and a different motive from Team Rocket. Yeah, it had it's highlights, and it did do a decent job with showcasing everyone's faourite nekkid bug, but I don't think that was enough to save this episode from being rather tedious.

LO...*ahem*
Maybe it was pretty decent for a Kinoshita episode, but that's not saying much at all. Calling something like this great is a massive overstatement :/

Dax

Legend
Seviper and Carnivine look awesome together. They look fierce.

So, Staravia is the pokemon that appears in every episode but only 2 seconds. It's been happening a lot. Almost in every episode.

Mothim looks so awesome and Burmy was great! I liked the episode.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
I laughed. I really did. And to think you called the animation in the Pachirisu episode horrible...

Anyways, as Gravy said, this was pretty much a slightly-less-crappy version of "The Problem With Paras" (one of Kanto's worst episodes, for the record). The Giovanni fantasy was so disturbing I couldn't help but chuckle up a storm, though. And since we've been low on new debuts lately, three in one episode certainly is nice. I'm just hoping Wormadam does something in the next two episodes, as it quite literally didn't do a thing here.

TeddiUrsa

The Giovanni fantasy was so disturbing I couldn't help but chuckle up a storm, though.[=QUOTE]

What was Nyrath´s plan anyway? Polish Sakaki with the bug pokemon into an all-shiny speedo-man? ^^;

The episode had decent animation for a kinoshita episode, but that´s all. There were many little colouring errors and a few off-models, the battles were mostly just stale images, but overall Kinoshita improved.
Still,...calling th animation great...If it wasn´t a comment from MK I´d say it was irony..^^;

I agree with S.Suikun ad Gravy, this episode was too much of a (..should I say it...) rehash...of older evolution-helping episodes that I can´t really enjoy it as much as if it was something new and fresh.

Still, the episode had its moments and wasn´t bad per se.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
What was Nyrath´s plan anyway? Polish Sakaki with the bug pokemon into an all-shiny speedo-man? ^^;
I think it was something along the lines of finding the sweet honey, and having Giovanni coat himself in the stuff so he could attract lots of (possibly...most likely....definately horny) random pokémon. Innovative!
Of course, to actually find the honey, they assumedly needed a Garmeil to sniff it out...that's where the whole 'evolve the nekkid bug' stuff came in.

Y'know, I wonder if Gio really does have a body like that, or if it's just Meowth's wishful thinking...

Dax

Legend
Help episodes are not usually the best episodes because you already know what is going to happen. I think the only "help episode" that I liked was the one with May and the gang helping Swablu to fly.

PiPikachu

Chu Chu Chu
Nice to see a bit of nod to the girl they meet in this ep being as she helps you through the eterna forest in the game :)

None the less a good episode.

Dax

Legend
I was really impressed by Cheryl's design. She looks great, she would make a great rival for Dawn.

Zaraze

Drifblim landing!
In the game does she have a Burmy/Wormadam/Mothim?

Anyways it wasn't nearly as bad as the Drifloon episode. And hopefully Mothim attacks Gardenia in the next episode.

uber gon

Accept Change
Weel it's good that the animé is following some of the game elements.