• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Some Enchanted Sweetening (498)

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Oh God, Cheryl, Sinnoh's answer to Marina (the Raikou episodes). I've been trying to block out the memory of that character's voice since the three-parter aired. Needless to say I really hated the Eterna Forest three-parter (apart from Gardenia). The burma story was cute, and I LOL'd at the part when burmy lost its leaves and quickly gathered them back up, but Cheryl really ruins this episode. And I like her so much in the games.

Tadashi

kiss my greens
Burmy was obviously voiced by Ash's VA. OMG I had a nice laugh watching that XD;

I don't recall seeing that... completely revolting... Boss Scenario in the dub. I hope they cut it... x_x; The pictures absolutely terrify me beyond any level that words can express.

Rommath

▲_▲
Alright episode. Burmy vs. Wobbuffet was funny, seriously, what did they expect? And Team Rocket spent all that effort feeding and trying to train Burmy only to get pummeled in the end. Shame Wormadam didn't get much focus, but oh well.

Igottapoo

In my nightmares
Meh it was kinda boring. "I am looking for teh enchanted honey" wut?

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Paras wasn't stripped naked several times though.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
it was fun to see burmy without it's cloack in this episode, when i first saw an image of it i was assuming it was a stick on leaves with a head:p

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Call me shallow, but I like Momi a lot for her looks, not her personality. While I'm glad they gave a game partner a full three episodes, she is hardly an interesting character. That said, she ranks on the upper tier of Pokemon girls in terms of looks. In her debut, of course, she appears as a green-haired stick figure courtesy of Ms. Kinoshita. If that weren't enough to repulse me, they just had to rehash "The Problem With Paras", which is a candidate for the most horrid episode of the first season. Things like Minomutchi's indecent exposure, the Sakaki fantasy, and the fact that Garmeil is a pretty cool Pokemon save it from being as bad, but it's still bad.

Minomadam is the real victim here. We see its various forms out of their Pokeball for a split second and then never again in Momi's three episodes. Since then, its rock form has gotten a brief appeal under Ulala and nothing else. The entire attempted method for evolving Minomutchi is incredibly boring, using every element that made the Paras outing so dreadful (even recycling Nyasu's involvement). There were a few comical moments sprinkled throughout, but Momi is overall fortunate that the writers gave her an additional two episodes (Mira, who also gets a mediocre episode, is not as lucky).

D+

Dreamcoat

Re-watching this episode a few days after seeing HP & tHPP made me realise that Cheryl strongly reminds me of Luna Lovegood, due to her voice and some of the things she keeps on saying.

Something which only made me enjoy this episode so much more the second time around.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Hmm I liked it. Cheryl had an interesting debut episode and she got her own mini-arc; something I wasn't expecting for her character at all. I didn't like that Burmy and it's evolutions appeared in this one though. Sinnoh seems to have debuted many Pokemon at the same time and that made some of the later episodes lag due to a lack of new Pokemon to showcase. Fun Eterna Forest episode nonetheless. 7/10.

Last edited:

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Cheryl was a great trainer. i loved to see her Burmy evolving.

And TR was very mean, but the friends stop them quickly.

5/10

KGB13

Man of Mystery
This reminded me A LOT of the old Paras episode from Kanto, it was almost exactly the same. Cheryl was depicted well and was pretty close to her game character. This episode was OK, nothing special.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
I don't see the Boss fantasy that disturbing, although a bit weird (Especially if he is actually naked, takes notes that there is no shirt anywhere on his arm).

Anyways it was a so and so episode, although I don't think it should have gone on for three episodes (The part that made it interesting was Gardenia, wish she had been in all three, including when they found the Amber Castle).
Definitely like the Paras episode except for Burmy having no leaves on it. It was nice that evolved aleast.

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
Alas! Team Rocket did not get any reward after they trained Burmy so well

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... It was cool to see Plant-Cloak Wormadon, Sand-Cloak Wormadon, Trash-Cloak Wormadon, and Mothim for the 1st time. It was cool to see a Plant-Cloak Burmy again. It was very smart for Cheryl to use a Chansey that knows Attract to find out if the Burmy was a male or not. It was great that they explained about the male/female gender-only evolutions for Burmy. Burmy looked cool when it used its vine to attack TR. It was funny when Meowth knocked out Burmy when he was supposed to be allowing Burmy to win.

40/100

TabiPianist

'Dis ma game face!!
I dont know if it was just me or not but I really didnt get this episode. What is with cheryl? Her skirt? Woth those boots? And her hair? But i only think that when i watch this one episode. I get the other ones with her in it. I even think cheryl looks cute. Im confused. Like i said i dont get the episode.

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
Re-watching this episode a few days after seeing HP & tHPP made me realise that Cheryl strongly reminds me of Luna Lovegood, due to her voice and some of the things she keeps on saying.

Something which only made me enjoy this episode so much more the second time around.

That just improved the episode in retrospect for me, tremendously.

Some of Cheryl's early dialogue makes her sound a little condescending, unintentionally.

"I'm so thankful for advice from a girl I've never even met", while delivered kindly, really seems a bit snarky...

The way she introduces herself is amusing, too. "My friends call me Cheryl." So that's not your real name? Only your friends can use your first name? What did you mean?

32er

TM87? I got TM32 :]
I hated these 3 episodes and they reminded me of Johto fillers.
2/10