• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Some fakemon

How are my sprites?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquakip

Mud in my veins
I've been working for about a year now on scratch sprites, trying to figure out the right way to shade and what color goes where, etc. And I think I've finally got it. Tell me watcha think.

Fusions:
anvildarklightog0.gif
terradonje1.gif

Animations:
woopergm4.gif
26841797fz5.gif

Fakemon:
53367954sk0.gif
waterao9.gif
dunegotar5.gif
jumpvl2.gif

Scratches:
cresseliarj1.gif
froslassnq9.gif
buizelxc0.gif
quilavaoq1.gif

lochnessbaby.gif
lochness.gif
icyq.gif

Contest Entries:
woopergm4.gif
marinekz5.gif
dragonob4.gif
rockrecolorky5.gif

PixelArt:
cherubiwipfz8.png

Douger, me, Fused, FurretFreak, Chronicler and LSA have been working on middle starter evos fused with Dunsparce. LSA started the project by doing a Wartortle/Dunsparce fusion. Then it moved onto Fused and Douger doing Ivysaur and Charmeleon. Then I wanted to join, so I did a Croconaw. It started to unravel with people pitching sprites then it turned into this. We're doing the starters and their evos. Possibly the legendaries too.

ivysaurdunsparce5088830lo8.gif
Ivysaur, by Douger.
dunmeleon5047037002iazatg9.gif
Charmeleon, by Fused.
http://i41.*******.com/dqsx2h.gif Wartortle, by LoneStarAkira.
http://i44.*******.com/r7rryd.gif Bayleef, by LoneStarAkira.
DunsparceQuilava.gif
QuilavaDunsparceShiny.gif
Quilava, by FurretFreak.
croconawhm5.gif
Croconaw, by me.
combusparce2.gif
Combusken, by Chronicler.
duneu1.gif
Marshtomp, by me.
turtwigos8.gif
by me
grotf8.gif
Grotle, by by moi.

More to come...

Last edited:

RauniKai

one fire at a time
I'd say you pretty much have the shading for your sprites figured out.

The top two are adorable but I'd have to say that Gardue is my favorite. Something about it just...calls out to me...sets it apart from the others.

are you planing to make others?

Regardless, keep up the good work! ^o^

Aquakip

Mud in my veins
Thanks. I'm glad someone likes my spriting. Will I amke more. Probably. Each time I start a thread like this, whether it be on a different forum or not, it tends to get forgotten.
*tears up*
But yeah, I'll probably make more.
Here's the grass starter's evo I made.
23485926xp7.gif

Last edited:

dragonzrule

<- Currently Hunting
These are all good. I love the pose for the grass starter's evo.

Gardue is really cool looking and the texturing is great. You might want to get rid of the outline around the mouth and eyes and then shade the inside of it. The black outline distracts too much from the sprite.

The anteater is cool looking. The only thing I would change is between the base color and the shade, there isn't enough contrast. The colors blend in too much.

These all look great, good luck in your future spriting endeavours.

Aquakip

Mud in my veins
Thanks, and I fixed the sprites, they're on the first post, along with a new addition.
Here it is:
17844780il3.gif

It's supposed to be a raccoon, but I don't think it looks like one. Does it?
I've also done a fusion, although it's not a fakemon, I like it and would like to show it off.
Here it is:
anvildarklightog0.gif

RauniKai

one fire at a time
Nah, I think your fire starter looks enough like a racoon. At least, I could identify it as one because of the rings on the tail and the mask.

Besides, it's only the basic version, so when it evolves it may gain more racoon-like qualities.

Also, your fusion is beautiful, and I bet you could pass it off for a fakemon even though you say it isn't one. Did you use Frosslass for part of it? It looks like you did.

But I think maybe you should make those circular shadows smaller for the smaller fakemons. It fits fine for Garude and your second-evo Iguana, but it seems like those would be too big of shadows to be projected by the other ones.

But that's just my opinion ^^;

Aquakip

Mud in my veins
Honchkrow, Crobat, Froslass, Machop, Elekid, Garevoir, and Alakazam.
Thanks, but I don't know about the best, there's better.
And the shadows will be used for all of the fakemons. I'm too lazy to give them their own shadows. XD

Last edited:
Out of the ones that I have seen it is the best. 90% of the fusions out there consit of copy and past but your is not.

My faviorite fakemon that you made so far is Gardue. It is very well shaded and I love the butterflies that are flying around it.

Aquakip

Mud in my veins
THANKS! I've been working on a design for some legendaries now, and I've sprited one up. It's the EARTH GUARDIAN POKEMON.
earthguardianbb4.gif

That's supposed to be swamp water under him.

RauniKai

one fire at a time
Ooooh...that's a very interesting 'poke you've got there.

Much more interesting than any legendaries I've come up with X3

Is the brown part/face? some sort of mask?

One more question: is this going to be part of a themed legendary group? Like having a SKY guardian and a SEA guardian as well?

Aquakip

Mud in my veins
Thanks, I think.
And yes, I'm making a sky, sea, earth, and fire guradians. And 'mini' guradians. I'm spriting the 'mini' earth guardian right now.

EDIT: And I made an evo to water starter:
anteater2ym7.gif

Aquakip

Mud in my veins
Yeah, those are stripes.
And here's my entry for the new year contest. A Rapidash as a seahorse.
marinekz5.gif

EDIT: and a ghost fakemon
ghostyl4.gif

Last edited:

RauniKai

one fire at a time
X3 Your ghostie reminds me a little of Ditto. I think it's because it's pink.

Good luck with the competition, too! Looks like I've got some fierce competitors ^_~

Aquakip

Mud in my veins
Thanks, I think. And that's purple, not pink. Oh well.
This next sprite...sucks. It's the raccoon's evo. I don't know where to put the fire. I'm open to ideas for any pokemon, especially the final evos of the starters!
Here's the Raccoon pokemon:
rac2ls4.gif

RauniKai

one fire at a time
Ack, purple :x

For your racoon evo I'd suggest putting a flame pattern on its belly/chest area or giving it little flame 'tufts' on its ears. But that's all I can really think of for fire. ^^;

Overall it's still a good sprite though. I wouldn't say it 'sucks'

Status
Not open for further replies.