• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Some Ideas I have

Gogot

In a Kids show!?
Hello peoples! :)

So, yeah, whilst playing D/P for hours on end, I've been thinking about all the stuff that Game Freak could add to the PKMN RPGs.

#1) Machine battles: Instead of going against a villian group boss (Like Cyrus, and Archie) and his pokemon, why not just instead, go against him in a type of machine (you know, like in the anime, how team rocket always have a mech to get pokemon with)? I mean, don't you think that would be a bit more dramatic than just a regular pokemon battle? And, before you ask, the battle rules wouldn't have to be changed; they could remain the same! Look!
A: The mech can still have It's own type (which, in most cases would Steel and Electric/Poison)
B: It would have the standard 4 moves (like thunderbolt, tackle, etc.)
C: It would have it's own HP, DEF, etc.
Before you ask, NO, the mech wouldn't need to be in the dex.

#2) Pokemon Gym leaders: Instead of every one of the gym leaders being a human, what if one of them were a super inteligent pokemon(Actually, I don't think this one would be very popular)? And, yes, that creature would train fellow pokemon as well (and he/she can even reffer to his/her pokemon as "brothers/sisters"). And the gym could be designed to have tall grass!

#3) Dual Type Gym leaders: And whilst im on the subject of gym leaders, why not have dual type gym leaders? You know, instead of being a Grass or Water type leader, why not be a Grass and Ghost, or a Water and Electric type leader (no, I'm not reffering to pokemon who have two types, I'm reffering to the leaders being advertised as a master of this type or that type)

#4) Champions Shape: Well you know how the champions always have no type theme or a type theme. Well instead of types, why not shape? You know like human shaped pokemon, or round shape pokemon, etc.

Well thats all the ideas I have for now. If you dissagree, think some of the ideas I have are good, or have ways to make these ideas better, please feel free to comment :)

Aelyn

Regarding number 1:

This could be an interesting twist for the fifth generation, but you know it would be set up in the code as an uncatchable pokemon, and people would end up hacking it and trading it away, then it would become available via an event and so on...

Number two could be implemented rather nicely. Rather than having it as an official Gym, though, it would most likely be a cavern somewhere which a pokemon has made into its own version of the human gyms. I can see this pokemon then challenging you once you'd found it, promising you that if you beat it, it would ally with you from then on (ie defeating it would be how you would "capture" it as a sidequest conclusion.) The only worry I have is that it sounds a lot like how Mewtwo acted in the first movie.

Numbers three and four I like. However in keeping with the idea of having specialized Gyms allowing you to focus on one or two pokemon to train to take the entire Gym down, I would have it so that the two types were reasonably similar, for example a rock/ground gym or a water/ice gym, simply so people know what to expect. In particular I would want each leader's personal favourite (as in highest level, last out) to have both types. As for number four, I have to admit I saw it and thought of the "fatties" gym, with the gym leader using Snorlax, Wailord and Slaking, and the "Vermin" gym with Pikachu, Rattata, Pachirisu and the like.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
That idea about the Champion reminds me of the "sexy" team I had in mind a while back. It would make for an interesting Champion: Lopunny, Gardevoir, Mawile, Milotic, Froslass, and Roserade.

As for a Gym Leader who's a Pokémon, what about Bill's machine way back in Cerulean City? He turned himself into a Pokémon with it (I think it was Kabutops). We could have a Gym Leader who accidentall did that to him- or herself. That way, they can talk, and you'd know what they're gong on about. Better yet, they could even be the final Pokémon you'd have to fight, kind of like how those Big Five guys in Yu-Gi-Oh! turned themselves into various monsters and sometimes brought themselves out to fight as a last resort.

meh

suave
the champion with a pokemon shape has been done in battle frontier some lady has snake like pokemon ( seviper, milotic etc)

TRIX Rabbit

Man of Mawile
#2 does remind me of how Mewtwo thought of himself as the greatest trainer ever (my sig trainer card is a hint to this.

I do like the Idea of shape leaders. A humanshape gym leader would be neat.

ElementEevee

Eevee lover
Those are some creative ideas. The gym leader thing does sound good to me instead of types you can have humanshape or a dog leader.

FloofehKitteh

Dawnflower
I really like the shape idea for Leaders and Elite members/the Champion, it'd break from the usual type mold and prove a new challenge for all us older players!

The machine thing.. I dunno. Doesn't appeal to me.

Dual type is a good idea. You could go two ways, dual type like Aelyn said before, or you could do like.. Fire/Electric. So the Gym has both fire types and electric types. Not necessarily Pokemon sharing both types. I like that actually ^^

I like the idea of the Gym Leader turning into a Pokemon by accident like Bill did [what Ophie suggested].

-Leafia-

but what ophie said(gym leader turning into a pokemon by accident) youd probably have to return him into human from again
but i like the idea of a pokemon who is very smart idea but i think maybe that would be the only one in the game but it creates obstacles for u to get it.

Gogot

In a Kids show!?
OFF TOPIC: Wow! I didn't know I've would got such positive reactions! Thanks! :)

OK, heres some more I have brewing in my head

#1) Random Champion: This is sorta like the battle factory where you get reantal pokemon, but heres the twist: all of the champion's pokemon would not only be just random pokemon, everything about them would be random! This is a pretty detailed subject, so let me break it down
A-Level: Ok say the champ has a lv. 54 sheildon. And if you lose to him and come back, you might be surprised to find that his/her shieldon is now at lv. 49!
B-Creatures: You know how this works...pokemon selected randomly, just like the factory head in emerald (what was his name? Brandon?)
C-Attack: Yes the champ's pokemon will also have random attack power. Heres how It would work: every time the champion's pokemon attacks with a physical or special move a roullette wheel will apper next to the opponett's creature. the numbers will vary from 1 to 120. However, larger number won't apper very often (and on that note, niether will very low numbers). But, If the pokemon is hit with a critical hit, the roulette adds a larger number to it

#2) Attack moves: Instead of have just 4 moves with limited power, why not have a reglar attack option (like in Mystery Dungeon)? That way, when you run out of PP and have no Ethers or Elixers left, you can use the attack option! (NOTE: the regular attack would be relitive to the pokemon's attack stat)

#3) Alt. Color: Instead of there being incredably rare shines, why not have (at least) 4 differnet colors that would be equally as common or rare? For example, if you were to come across a green haired Ralts, and if you battle another one, the other one might be yellow haired!

well, this is all I could think up. If I have more Ideas, I'll post them ASAP :)

HarleyScarow

Emerald Shinigami
For the machine idea...

I wouldn't mind if it was a machine to re-fight those trainers. Good trainer music.

Darkmaster Rannon

Thundercats Hoo!
the robot wouldn't work. you see it would mean hackers can get it and even if all it knows are thunderbolt, tackle whatever... they will use it to destroy people

and the pokemon that has other pokemon would be mewtwo... seriously.

Gogot

In a Kids show!?
But what if the robot had the same hex code as an uber (not that the real in game mech would be an uber)? Wouldn't that keep the hackers from using it in wi-fi battles?

The Lemonkraken

The Toad Man Shuffle
#3) Alt. Color: Instead of there being incredably rare shines, why not have (at least) 4 differnet colors that would be equally as common or rare? For example, if you were to come across a green haired Ralts, and if you battle another one, the other one might be yellow haired!

That is a really good idea.=D

The Mecha Boss idea would kinda be like the ghost Marowak in Lavender Town Tower, wouldn't it? If such idea got implemented, they could make a special one-of-a-kind code to prevent capture

Gogot

In a Kids show!?
The Mecha Boss idea would kinda be like the ghost Marowak in Lavender Town Tower, wouldn't it? If such idea got implemented, they could make a special one-of-a-kind code to prevent capture

Yeah, but what some people stated before, hackers might try to get it...st00pid hackers...ruining our fun >:U

Last edited:
Here is my opinion on your ideas.
1. okay.
2. no, not really.
3. cool. They could cover each other's weakness'.
4. okay but not too creative.
Some dual gyms would be good but I don't like the idea of a pokemon gym leader. It just doesn't seem right. Having a pokemon fighting a pokemon.