• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Some of Ash's other Pokémon than Pikachu to retire offstage from the anime?

MiloticTwins

What's happening, guys? Other than Pikachu, do you think that some of Ash's of Pokémon on hand, at Professor Oak's Laboratory and/or in training by others will retire offstage from the anime? This is either because Ash should have fully trained them all very well or they decided to no longer remain at Professor Oak's Laboratory, but instead fade away, moving out to live into another dimension for its Pokémon retirement home world, never making it comeback. Please, tell what you think? Thanks.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
That will be the day that Ash grows up, marries Serena, have a family, and maybe contemplates retirement from Pokémon Training.

Time does not flow in the anime like real life. It flows like a comic book. Spider-Man graduated high school and went to college in 1965. He's still Spider-Man after more than 50 years. And despite the many Robins that Batman has over the years, they are all still active members for justice.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
That will be the day that Ash grows up, marries Serena, have a family, and maybe contemplates retirement from Pokémon Training.
Why specifically Serena though? Why not Misty or Lillie?

blizzardblaze

Comp. Battler Who loves The Anime
I think it's because misty and lillie are more like sisters to ash, not a potential love interest

Kintaro

Banned
Depends if Yajima and/or Tomioka write the climax of the anime. For what it's worth there was no real Pokeshipping in Misty's SM cameos, just a good friendship.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
If we're just going to delve right into shipping from the get-go, to answer OP's question it's because they all know that Ash and Pikachu are destined to be together forever, but the only one who'll refuse to retire will be Bayleef. The only way to retire her from the cast/Oak's corral is if she runs away never to return because Ash hurt her feelings or she turns yandere and Ash has to go Old Yeller on her in order to ensure his and Pikachu's happiness.

horrahforyou

Pokemon and Kamen Rider is life

I don't want to end this into another shipping war. But Ash only sees Serena like a casual friend like Misty or Lillie, only Serena thinks of him as her boyfriend. Why marry someone who doesn't like her in return.

Leonhart

Imagineer
The Pokemon at Okido-hakase's lab are essentially retired already since we hardly ever see them, and even when we do they aren't exactly showcased doing anything vital, except cash cows like Lizardon. But no, those reserve Pokemon won't simply cease to exist.

MiloticTwins

Most of Ash's Pokémon have been cut from their physical appearance in the Sun & Moon series episode 'Alola Kanto'. I'm not even sure about whether or not you think they'll make their physical appearance in the Pokémon Sun and Moon series?

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
Cause they've done it before.

1484032306-2c59f2d57f0e5a211dabcc1f32489e4a.jpeg

All you need is enough time and salary for someone to draw all of them. Plus additional bonuses for the people animating and voicing all of them.

MiloticTwins

Well, guys? Once Ash's Primeape and all his reversed Pokémon cut in the Sun & Moon episode Alola, Kanto! are set to appear in the future Sun & Moon episode, do you think that all their old Japanese-language voice actors will be available to reprise their role of them?

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
If Ash takes his old pokemon out for a while, they might end up staying somewhere with some new responsibility. Like Squirtle in the Squirtle Squad or Lapras leading its herd.
I doubt it though Aside form a few crowd-pleasing cameos from Brock and Misty the anime seems to be shying away from continuity. And even they're probaby just there to sell Lets Go Pikachu and Eevee. We're unlikely to see much from Ash's previously crucial and fan-favourite pokemon like Infernape or Glalie.

Its a shame because quite a few pokemon have a lot of growing up left to do and Ash isn't going to ever get around to it. Morally he should have kept the more immature pokemon with him as well as Pikachu. Such as gible and scraggy.

Probably because they were trying so consistently to make it seem like Ash was going to have a real romance with Serena which was obviously never actually going to happen. While also being hilariously commited to making sure Ash never understood any of it. Ash's relationship with the other girls weren't nearly as reliant on shiptease.

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
Depends if Yajima and/or Tomioka write the climax of the anime. For what it's worth there was no real Pokeshipping in Misty's SM cameos, just a good friendship.

I disgress. Have you watched When Regions Collide? Some cute hints in there..but I remember you from derailing the PS thread and I know you’re a known anti PS so I guess to each his own because I don’t want to start a shipping war. :)

As for the topic of this thread, they’ll never “retire” Ash’s Pokémon. They’ll bring them up again whenever it’s convenient for the plot. We might never see some of them battle again but I wouldn’t count out brief cameos from his Pokémon, they’re honestly guaranteed a brief cameo over his previous companions these days.

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
I disgress. Have you watched When Regions Collide? Some cute hints in there..but I remember you from derailing the PS thread and I know you’re a known anti PS so I guess to each his own because I don’t want to start a shipping war. :)

As for the topic of this thread, they’ll never “retire” Ash’s Pokémon. They’ll bring them up again whenever it’s convenient for the plot. We might never see some of them battle again but I wouldn’t count out brief cameos from his Pokémon, they’re honestly guaranteed a brief cameo over his previous companions these days.
Half of the ones that got a decent amount of attention after their own region were supposedly released. Lapras got its own episode. Charizard and Squirtle returned a couple of times. Goodra brought back for the league. Poipole will almost certianly return at some point.

Meanwhile, previously important pokemon like Infernape and Bayleef are just sitting in Oak's lab doing nothing.

Then again... when is Ash going to come back for Primeape? Or Pidgeot? He didn't check in with either of them after returning to Kanto mulitple times.

Vulpicks

I always feel bad for those guys, especially the ones that joined him with promise of exciting battles. At some point you gotta wonder if it'd be best for Ash to release them a la Butterfree so they could continue their lives, find mates, and raise families.