• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Some of my favorite 09-10 anime as of now.

Sahaqiel

Angel of the Skies
So far the 2010 anime kind of suck, but I'll make an exception for

Kimi ni Todoke (Reaching Out to You)

At first I was hesitant because yes, I do sometimes get picky with art styles, though I advocate open mindedness towards video game art styles. However, the series has a huge charm factor to it and the art style eventually becomes beautiful. The soundtrack isn't my cup of tea, per se, but I got used to it and it fits the series quite well. The story is quite lovable and the characters are awe inspiring. Leaves a metric ton of warm and fuzzy right in your heart every time something adorable happens. Or at least, mine.

Katanagatari (Sword Story)

It's an action series that isn't long running, technically, at all. (In fact, it's one hour an episode with an episode releasing every month from January to the end of the year, which suck 'cause it's going to be sitting uncompleted in my anime list for that long.) So technically, if we're going to try to standardize this anime, it's 24 episodes long with an episode every two weeks. If we can think with that mindset, the wait isn't so bad.

Getting to the point, it has a very cute art style that still maintains a bunch of its coolness. The story is kind of generic, but is still pretty good for what it's given you and how it's executed. I won't spoil anything quite significant, but I'll hint that one of the main character's strategies, which is revealed in the currently sole episode of the series, is quite hilarious and piqued my interest.

It does have its negative aspects, though, like faulty joke delivery. You know how in some series of any type, a conversation goes on like this?
"So that's the important question. Yes or no?"
"No."
"But of course you would say yes! Only a fool would-- wait, did you just say no?"
"Yeah."
"Aw. But see here's the thing, (important explanation)."

Yeah. Two of these conversations go on where it is not so simple and sweet. The character literally explains everything AND THEN goes "wait, did you say no?"
It was embarrassing to look at, really. But it's good and interesting and I can't wait for a new episode. The story was apparently also made by the same folk(s) who did the (from this position in the list downward) 2009 anime:

Bakemonogatari (Ghostory/Monstory, Ghostory sounding cooler)

Its style is interesting and takes a lot of pausing and getting used to, but this was just a beautiful series, even though the last two episodes have been waited for practically forever. We're still waiting for the fabled 14 and 15th episodes so we can end the series and feel accomplished with our lives. (Plural pronouns referring to Bakemonogatari fans) The series stood in a very cynical and steadily paced atmosphere, which was overall really cool. It almost bordered on satire. Animation was great, story was great, can't wait to see how it ends. Also, the end theme is beautiful. Just beautiful. It's also getting a prequel and sequel, so that'll be cool.

Zetsubou Sensei (Despair-Sensei, since Mr. Despair kinda' sounds lame and my cell phone's T9 picks up "sensei" so it is legitimate in the English lexicon)

This series was overall pretty hilarious, even though it suffered from quality degradation over time. It poked fun at some serious topics, and at itself occasionally. There are some negative aspects like sudden unexplained droppings of running jokes, but overall it's pretty good. Some people complain about how the jokes are more Japan-centric and you won't be able to get them, but many subs will clear this up and the manga, I believe, explains them in the back. Like the series I mentioned above, it has a distinct style more leaning towards Bakemonogatari, but then, they're both made by Studio SHAFT so I guess that's fine too.

I know there are more that I will probably regret not putting in this list later, but for now, that's how it is. Thanks for reading, feel free to comment.
If anyone has any anime recommendations at all, please say so or drop me a PM.

Last edited:

1989ryan

Dark/Water Trainer
Have you heard of Durarara?? I think that it is a pretty good anime that came out this year, it hasn't disappointed me yet...Its from the people that also made Baccano!.....I have heard of Zetsubou Sensei, but I haven't gotten around to watching it yet, so it is pretty good in your opinion??

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Can u do this?

--C4--

Only my Railgun
I'm really liking Kimi ni Todoke but I feel the lack of Kurumi lately disturbing, I need her to make fun of Sawako! Well okay Sawako is a good character as well but if it weren't for Chizu and Aya she'd be boring on her own.

Bakemonogatari was a very interesting anime indeed, I am yet to see the 14th/15th episode but it had a very interesting bunch of short stories involving demons and what not.

I'm currrently hyped for Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood and Railgun right now and I'm saddened to see Railgun ending very soon as it is by far my favourite out of all the currently airing animes.

Letter Bee has been an anime that I've also really liked, it's just got the emotion and the ability with a bunch of short stories in between the main storyline.