• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Some things people think are good but really aren't

Shuckle has about the same defensive power as Dusknoir.
Shuckle has far more "Defencive Power", as with the aid of Sandstorm and an Impish Nature with 252 Def EV's, it cannot be touched by anything.

.Vaati.

.:Guilty Love
You shouldn't be using Dusknoir to attack though unless you're Shadow Sneaking. I'd only use it from blocking Rapid Spin and Will-o-Wisping, but I'd rather use Gengar to block spin or not do it at all on the standard team. Shuckle is better in the way that Knock Off messes up any Pokemon.

I usually don't max defense on Shuckle, instead doing something like 252/176/82. Getting max HP on it is way important than max lefties recovery.

It's spelt defensive. :x

sanjay120

?(???)?
Dusknoir's TPunch takes out Gyarados and Fire Punch takes out Heracross. Shadow Sneak is for Azelf, Gallade, Gardevoir, Gengar, Alakazam, Jynx, and finishing off low health Pokemon.

The worse Shuckle is doing to them is Knock Off, which is bad for them, but Dusknoir still beats them easier.

Keaton

Custom User Title
Blissey is one of the best Special Walls.
Blissey can't wall physically but shes not suposed to...thats why most teams have a Special Wall and a Physical Wall because few pokes can do both well...or at least well enough to rely souly on them.

blax8192

I like pie!
blissey is the absolute wost thing to put on your team, it has huge hp yes, but it has itty bitty nothing defense, this means that attacks just do more damage to it, and almost every rmt i've ever read is making sure they have something to 1hko or 2hko or occasionally 3hko blissey, blissey is NOT a good wall, get something with naturally high defense or spec defense and beef it up in the lower defense stat (if theyre close to the same) otherwise use the highest def stat and beef that up then beef up it's hp, this means it can take a ton of hits without taking much damage

aipomkong

prophecy fulfilled
blissey is the absolute wost thing to put on your team, it has huge hp yes, but it has itty bitty nothing defense, this means that attacks just do more damage to it, and almost every rmt i've ever read is making sure they have something to 1hko or 2hko or occasionally 3hko blissey, blissey is NOT a good wall, get something with naturally high defense or spec defense and beef it up in the lower defense stat (if theyre close to the same) otherwise use the highest def stat and beef that up then beef up it's hp, this means it can take a ton of hits without taking much damage

i lold.......

Frost Nova

The predator awaits.

You do realise that unboosted Explosions / Focus Punches can't OHKO Blissey with max Def EVs, do you?

Would have been more beneficial if you simply Trapinch spam'd.

Hectik

The Asylum
This thread is a bubbling pot for flame wars. The idea of a metagame is to build around whats popular at the time, that being said I'm sure comments here are viable for now. But could change any day now. Calling people newbs for refusing to conform to a metagame standard they may not like is wrong. This thread reeks of fail.

Annhialator Zero

killkillkillkillkill
It's more that if they don't conform and continue using bad sets/Pokemon they'll lose, and the whole point of this forum is to make teams that don't lose

sanjay120

?(???)?
No it's more that saying Blissey is one of the worst things to put on a team is one of the stupidest statements I've heard about Pokemon in the history of forever. The point of this thread is to get rid of ideas like that. If people don't want to use Bliss, fine. But to deny she is a good Pokemon is not just a difference of opinion. That guy is wrong.

Also Bliss has monstrous SDef.

Last edited:

Caesar

F.E.A.R the rat
Its like saying a team has a major ice weak if only a garchomp isn't fainted. What a pointless post. Every pokemon has a exploitable weakness, but good ones have pros that out weigh the cons

blackrose

gallade could be a sweeper if you use the baton pass strategy.

Caesar

F.E.A.R the rat
that kinda applies to any pokemon with either good speed but bad atacking stats or good attacking stats but poor speed, tough once countered you lose the boost so its really impractical

_Calm|Mind_

Follow the Path
gallade could be a sweeper if you use the baton pass strategy.
That's like saying Shuckle can be a sweeper if you pass it some Attack and Speed boosts. If something needs stat boosts passed to it so it can assume a new role, then it is utter fail.