• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Some things people think are good but really aren't

DemonOfWrath

Beginning Trainer
gallade could be a sweeper if you use the baton pass strategy.

If you're using a Baton Pass strategy, why pass to Gallade when there's far better sweepers than it (Garchomp, Tyranitar ect)? No matter what, Gallade is just outclassed as a sweeper, it's ideal role is not to sweep.

Its like saying a team has a major ice weak if only a garchomp isn't fainted. What a pointless post. Every pokemon has a exploitable weakness, but good ones have pros that out weigh the cons
It's more like, "As soon as [main counter for one Pokémon] is dead, team is [that Pokémon] weak!"
gallade could be a sweeper if you use the baton pass strategy.
lol'd at how relivant this was.

StunSpore

Hmm...I'm not sure if this was mentioned, but what about Scarfed Heracross? I mean, sure, it outspeeds some stuff, but what can it outspeed and OHKO with a Scarf? Not much benefit there.

shinylatios

Master trainer
I agree wit everything else execpt that Milotic isnt a good pokemon. I find Milotic to be extremly useful, especially wit recover and mirrorcoat( Pokemon who use thier electric type attacks are usually suprised when they get OHKO'ed by it). My Milotic has helped me in many online battles( epecially in the battle tower...)

Hmm...I'm not sure if this was mentioned, but what about Scarfed Heracross? I mean, sure, it outspeeds some stuff, but what can it outspeed and OHKO with a Scarf? Not much benefit there.

But it works.

I agree wit everything else execpt that Milotic isnt a good pokemon. I find Milotic to be extremly useful, especially wit recover and mirrorcoat( Pokemon who use thier electric type attacks are usually suprised when they get OHKO'ed by it). My Milotic has helped me in many online battles( epecially in the battle tower...)

Too easy to OHKO, or 2HKO with most Physical sweepers.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Please, edit first post.

Too easy to OHKO, or 2HKO with most Physical sweepers.
YES BECAUSE IT IS CLEVER LEAVING IT IN AGAINST CHOICE BANDED OUTRAGES FROM A GARCHOMP LOL

Milotic has to be one of the most underrated, underappreciated Pokémon of this generation. Most people seem to think it does what it did in the previous gen, or should be what Suicune is :(
Not to mention they haven't used it and have no idea what it does.

Caesar

F.E.A.R the rat
base 100 is fast enough, not to mention a good typing makes getting in easier with resistances to fire, water, grass, fighting, bug and an imunity to the ever comon Earthquake

Isn't specsmence to slow to be a sweeper either if gallade/gardevoir are?

Gallade/Gardevoir are not sweepers. Especially Gardy.

Specsmence is a formidable sweeper with great stat placement and his Speed is really good.

What happened to a lot of the posts?

Cerulean21

Time Traveller
I agree completely on Milotic. It's not a bad Pokemon, it's just that when you give something 95/79/125 defenses and everyone tries to use it as a physical wall it's bound to be disappointing.

She used to be a formidable physical wall in ADV, but she no longer is. She does, however, make a pretty formidable Special Wall with 95/125. Milotic is not bad at all, she just has to be used differently than in ADV

Alzi

Toon link
I agree completely on Milotic. It's not a bad Pokemon, it's just that when you give something 95/79/125 defenses and everyone tries to use it as a physical wall it's bound to be disappointing.

When a group of people agree on milotic being crap this gen then every one else follows along this is what i don't like. You don't know if it's bad or good until you use it and see what it can do.

Also people talking about baton pass teams try ninjask and breloom. Make sure breloom has substitute though. You should be able to sweep teams of 6 on shodddy with just ninjask and breloom. :] But it doesn't works so well somtimes.

Raito

HADOUKEN!
do you guys want to close this thread or not.

it's not really going anywhere.

_Calm|Mind_

Follow the Path
Yeah, get rid of this thread, Jammy. It's not really serving a purpose, and most people should know what's good and what's not. Even with this thread, there are still people using Double Team and Hyper Beam-style moves. What does this mean? This means that this thread is utterly pointless shit.

PokeProMaster

Nike-Air-Force
Hyper-beam style moves can work in some cases. Giga Impact on Slaking.... Causes massive damage and needs to wait a turn anyway because of slakings ability. However most Slaking are choice banded and brought back after the first attack, but can work pretty decently on a slaking.

Also about the first post and hyper beam on Porygon-z. Against a blissey, yes a tri-attack can 2HKO, but most blissey carry t-wave which would just mess up porygon-z anyway so you may as well hyper beam the blissey away to get big threat out of the way.....

EDIT: this does not mean i agree with hyper-beam style moves and yes, i like never use them, but they can still work to an avantage if used correctly at the correct timing.

EDIT: also, shuckle is not as bad as people make out to be, like it says in the first post, toxic stalling shuckle is not that great, and i agree its not, but a encoring shuckle is very good. In the first post it says a garchomp or a set-upper could come in and set up, but if used correctly, shuckle can encore this pokemon then safely switch into a counter causing the opponent to set up while you destory it or causing them to switch out.

Last edited: