• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*Some title referencing UU tier battling*

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT
My title is easily the best ever. Don't lie.

So, this is my team for UU battling, I prefer UU due to a wider range of pokemon being usable, and you're not as likely to see teams that are basically the same. As such, I've thrown together a random team of UU pokemon. Due to my less than stellar experience within the UU environment there was virtually no specific threats taken into account when I made this team- It was simply checking the tier list, and putting together what I think would work.

So, this is my UU team:

flygon.png

Flygon@Choice Scarf
-Levitate
-Adamant
6HP/252Atk/252Spe
-Outrage
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-U-Turn

Typical Scarfed Flygon- this teams revenge killer and scout. Flygon is useful due to it's absolute lack of Hazard weakness, I used to have Donphan on this team but since I took it off (Let's face it, donphan's kinda poo outside of spinning and SR'ing.), my previous scarfer was VERY hazard weak. Flygon really does not care about hazards and as such is an excellent scouter. It also allows me a potential late game clean up with outrage. My main problem with this guy is that outside of U-turn, he doesn't see much glory.

cobalion.png

Cobalion@Leftovers
-Justified
-Jolly
26HP/252Atk/232Spe
-Swords Dance
-Close Combat
-Iron Head
-Stone Edge

This has got to be the star of my team, it's able to switch in on a multitude of pokemon and begin to set up. It combos for a good sweep with Mismagius due to them both being able to take out the things they're individually weak to, not to mention it gets a Justified boost from Mismagius's dark weakness. The speed Ev's allow me to outspeed base 105's, such as scyther, before it's able to get off a brick break.

rhyperior.png

Rhyperior@Chesto Berry
-Impish
-Solid Rock
180HP/216Def/114SpD
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Stealth Rock
-Rest

RestoChesto Rhyperior is such a tank, it's unreal. The amount of physical attackers that keep ramming attacks as it, thinking it has no recovery, just to get rested on after I've set up SR and hit them down to low health. That's the main reason why I chose Rhyperior- it hits like a truck, unlike Donphan, it can actually deal damage back, which was why I made the transition. This also acts as my status absorber. Interestingly enough, SR and Rest have saved me a few times, as they allow me to PP stall out things such as Deoxys-D with Seismic Toss/Night Shade.
EV's hit lefties point, highest jump in Def and then rest into SpD to be able to somewhat deal with surprising mixed attackers.

milotic.png

Milotic@Leftovers
-Marvel Scale
-Calm
212HP/121Def/176SpD
-Recover
-Ice Beam
-Toxic
-Scald

Pretty standard Milotic, my main Special Wall, though I've it's used very little outside of making a feeble attempt to burn something threatening, or Toxicing a wall. To this means I've been considering swapping it for some sort of bulkyish wall breaker? It just doesn't seem to acheive what I'd hope it to. Fair enough, it NEVER dies, but it never makes anything else die either. It's just kinda a staller, which I despise.

mismagius.png

Mismagius@Life Orb
-Levitate
-Timid
4HP/252SpA/252Spe
-Nasty Plot
-Shadow Ball
-Thunder Bolt
-Hidden Power (Fighting)

Mismagius is my special sweeper, she pairs up decently with Cobalion. and between them, they're usually able to take down a great many of my opponents team, I use their bulk and resistances to switch in early game and scout for checks, which allows them to each weaken the others counters. the onyl problem I have between them is Deoxys-D, who Mismagius fails to OHKO with a +2 Shadow Ball. I've been considering shifting out Hidden Power (Fighting) for Psychic, purely to kill the onslaught of damn heracrosses that switch in and threaten me with pursuit, though I'm then open to Weavile; It's a vicious circle that makes me despise pursuit.

venusaur.png

Venusaur@Leftovers
-Overgrow
-Calm
204HP/90Def/216SpD
-Leech Seed
-Sleep Powder
-Giga Drain
-Sludge Bomb

I'm going to love this thing until the day I die. Bulky Venusaur is so underrated, it's unreal. It's usually my lead because of the amount of leads that just don't want to stay in on it, I'm then able to sleep powder their switch and leech seed what I've put to sleep or leech seed their next switch in. This pokemon is great for breaking down teams. I've considered swapping Sludge Bomb for substitute, but it leaves me completely open to grass types (Which is basically just celebi, since few other grass types will switch in on Venusaur).
Ev's hit lefties point, jump point in SpD and rest in Def for sponging physical hits better.

So, that's my UU team- any criticism will be much appreciated, thanks in advance :)

Throhlurk

Extremespeeder
Maybe a Slowbro/ king over milotic? It can status with T-wav or scald, then cm up to a semi-sweep with Some coverage moves like flamethrower or ic beam.

BorrelnootjeNL

Hmm... since Flygon is wearing a scarf, having both Outrage ánd Dragon Claw is a bit overenthousiastic... You should throw in another attack, like Overheat for the likes of Steelix and friends, who just laugh at your quakes...

Throhlurk

Extremespeeder
^^ I'm pretty sure Jellicent is Ou. But if you don't like the slow twins, Poliwrath is good... Sometimes...

Soperman

The One and Only
Wow. I like this team. Although I can't believe Rhyperior is in RU.
Anywho, here's what I have to say:

Swap out Milotic for Slowbro. I've used him, and I have to say he's really good. After a Calm Mind, he becomes pretty bulky and can sweep reasonably well.

You're dilemma with Mismagius is interesting. Get one of the Slow bros.

Venusaur is OU. Just thought i would let you know. I would also put in 16 EVs in sp atk, maybe? He's really awesome, tho.

Hope this helps.

R4GEKILL!!!

Me So Thorny

flygon.png

Flygon@Choice Scarf
-Levitate
-Adamant
6HP/252Atk/252Spe
-Outrage
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-U-Turn

Typical Scarfed Flygon- this teams revenge killer and scout. Flygon is useful due to it's absolute lack of Hazard weakness, I used to have Donphan on this team but since I took it off (Let's face it, donphan's kinda poo outside of spinning and SR'ing.), my previous scarfer was VERY hazard weak. Flygon really does not care about hazards and as such is an excellent scouter. It also allows me a potential late game clean up with outrage. My main problem with this guy is that outside of U-turn, he doesn't see much glory.
This is fine. However, Zapdos is a much better Wilechaser erm, Scouter. Dragons aren't too common in UU, so a Dragon killer isin't needed either... Overall, It's just not the best poke you could run.

cobalion.png

Cobalion@Leftovers
-Justified
-Jolly
26HP/252Atk/232Spe
-Swords Dance
-Close Combat
-Iron Head
-Stone Edge

This has got to be the star of my team, it's able to switch in on a multitude of pokemon and begin to set up. It combos for a good sweep with Mismagius due to them both being able to take out the things they're individually weak to, not to mention it gets a Justified boost from Mismagius's dark weakness. The speed Ev's allow me to outspeed base 105's, such as scyther, before it's able to get off a brick break.
Hmm... Yeah. This works. I'm not too big a fan of cobalion, but if he's anything like Virizion, after 1 SD, he should be set to kick a.ss.

rhyperior.png

Rhyperior@Chesto Berry
-Impish
-Solid Rock
180HP/216Def/114SpD
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Stealth Rock
-Rest

RestoChesto Rhyperior is such a tank, it's unreal. The amount of physical attackers that keep ramming attacks as it, thinking it has no recovery, just to get rested on after I've set up SR and hit them down to low health. That's the main reason why I chose Rhyperior- it hits like a truck, unlike Donphan, it can actually deal damage back, which was why I made the transition. This also acts as my status absorber. Interestingly enough, SR and Rest have saved me a few times, as they allow me to PP stall out things such as Deoxys-D with Seismic Toss/Night Shade.
EV's hit lefties point, highest jump in Def and then rest into SpD to be able to somewhat deal with surprising mixed attackers.
4x to Water and Grass, and 2x to fighting and ground, in a metagame infested with Shaymin, Hitmontop, Slowbro, and the almighty CroCune among others, I'm not too sure this is too smart...

milotic.png

Milotic@Leftovers
-Marvel Scale
-Calm
212HP/121Def/176SpD
-Recover
-Ice Beam
-Toxic
-Scald

Pretty standard Milotic, my main Special Wall, though I've it's used very little outside of making a feeble attempt to burn something threatening, or Toxicing a wall. To this means I've been considering swapping it for some sort of bulkyish wall breaker? It just doesn't seem to acheive what I'd hope it to. Fair enough, it NEVER dies, but it never makes anything else die either. It's just kinda a staller, which I despise.
Use CroCune. USE IT. It's SO MUCH BETTER THEN MILOTIC. I swear, that thing has won me moar matches then you could ever imagine. Milotic is NOTHING compared to it.

mismagius.png

Mismagius@Life Orb
-Levitate
-Timid
4HP/252SpA/252Spe
-Nasty Plot
-Shadow Ball
-Thunder Bolt
-Hidden Power (Fighting)

Mismagius is my special sweeper, she pairs up decently with Cobalion. and between them, they're usually able to take down a great many of my opponents team, I use their bulk and resistances to switch in early game and scout for checks, which allows them to each weaken the others counters. the onyl problem I have between them is Deoxys-D, who Mismagius fails to OHKO with a +2 Shadow Ball. I've been considering shifting out Hidden Power (Fighting) for Psychic, purely to kill the onslaught of damn heracrosses that switch in and threaten me with pursuit, though I'm then open to Weavile; It's a vicious circle that makes me despise pursuit.
This is good. Mismagius works fine. Good job.

venusaur.png

Venusaur@Leftovers
-Overgrow
-Calm
204HP/90Def/216SpD
-Leech Seed
-Sleep Powder
-Giga Drain
-Sludge Bomb

I'm going to love this thing until the day I die. Bulky Venusaur is so underrated, it's unreal. It's usually my lead because of the amount of leads that just don't want to stay in on it, I'm then able to sleep powder their switch and leech seed what I've put to sleep or leech seed their next switch in. This pokemon is great for breaking down teams. I've considered swapping Sludge Bomb for substitute, but it leaves me completely open to grass types (Which is basically just celebi, since few other grass types will switch in on Venusaur).
Ev's hit lefties point, jump point in SpD and rest in Def for sponging physical hits better.
This is OU. End of Rate.

So, that's my UU team- any criticism will be much appreciated, thanks in advance :)

I'm sorry that my rate wasen't too great... I'm not into it today... but I like UU teams, so I'll be glad to help you out moar in the future.

Witch of 'Cos

i love the pee pees
This is not a rate but i love you gren

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT
@gingbino- love you more!<3

@Practically everyone: I play on the PO server- Venusaur isn't OU on that, I gave up on Smogon server since they decided to ban practically everything possible whilst the metagame is still developing- they're being slightly more ridiculous than usual.

Slowbro/king could be pretty helpful, though what would i bring to the team specifically? I don't really need a THIRD set up sweeper- it's a bit too much imo, so the CM set is pretty out of the question. And the fighting resist isn't exactly steller when I have venusaur and mismagius who love to come in on fighting types. It'd also make me have a larger weakness to Heracross. I'm considering suicune but not Crocune, for the same reason as above- three set up sweepers is just a waste. Maybe some type of wall breaking feraligatr could work?

@BorrelnootjeNL, you're kinda missing the point with flygon, why on earth would I be trying to sweep with it? Steelix are going to wall me, but I'm a revenge killer, so I'm not trying to break walls. Also, Flygon can't actually learn Overheat. Thank you for the rate :)

@Soperman, I'm not sure if I've read your rate wrong or something, but are you basically just telling me to get both of the slow twins and replace Mismagius/Milotic for them? I'm going to presume that I'm just mildly retarded, since that makes no sense.
Read above for my answer to the slowbro dilemma, do you think wall breaking feraligatr could work?

@R4GEKILL, Except Zapdos would be dead weight on my team due to having an SR weakness, I can't use a scarfer that's weak to SR due to it dying far too easily. I agree, Zapdos would be better if it weren't for the SR weakness.
"in a metagame infested with Shaymin, Hitmontop, Slowbro, and the almighty CroCune among others" Let's be 100% honest, here, Crocune is not used THAT often, I've only seen it a few times, and all times it's simply been bait for Venusaur to come in, leech seed it and sleep powder, which has a field day stalling it out. As for Shaymin, I've not seen it that often, though Venusaur can deal with it yet again, all of the pokemon Rhyperior is weak to is covered by Milotic and Venusaur, It's a physical wall, so special sweepers are going to be able to KO it, that's not the point. What Rhyperior does is come in on virtually every physical attacker in UU and lol. Things like Staraptor and Arcanine usually try to stay in and kill with CC which usually does around 30%, then they get KO'd by SE, EQ respectively. Rhyperior is a monster in UU, take my word for it.
I've already addressed Venusaur.
Thanks for the rate. :)

R4GEKILL!!!

Me So Thorny
@gingbino- love you more!<3

@Practically everyone: I play on the PO server- Venusaur isn't OU on that, I gave up on Smogon server since they decided to ban practically everything possible whilst the metagame is still developing- they're being slightly more ridiculous than usual.

Slowbro/king could be pretty helpful, though what would i bring to the team specifically? I don't really need a THIRD set up sweeper- it's a bit too much imo, so the CM set is pretty out of the question. And the fighting resist isn't exactly steller when I have venusaur and mismagius who love to come in on fighting types. It'd also make me have a larger weakness to Heracross. I'm considering suicune but not Crocune, for the same reason as above- three set up sweepers is just a waste. Maybe some type of wall breaking feraligatr could work?

@BorrelnootjeNL, you're kinda missing the point with flygon, why on earth would I be trying to sweep with it? Steelix are going to wall me, but I'm a revenge killer, so I'm not trying to break walls. Also, Flygon can't actually learn Overheat. Thank you for the rate :)

@Soperman, I'm not sure if I've read your rate wrong or something, but are you basically just telling me to get both of the slow twins and replace Mismagius/Milotic for them? I'm going to presume that I'm just mildly retarded, since that makes no sense.
Read above for my answer to the slowbro dilemma, do you think wall breaking feraligatr could work?

@R4GEKILL, Except Zapdos would be dead weight on my team due to having an SR weakness, I can't use a scarfer that's weak to SR due to it dying far too easily. I agree, Zapdos would be better if it weren't for the SR weakness.
"in a metagame infested with Shaymin, Hitmontop, Slowbro, and the almighty CroCune among others" Let's be 100% honest, here, Crocune is not used THAT often, I've only seen it a few times, and all times it's simply been bait for Venusaur to come in, leech seed it and sleep powder, which has a field day stalling it out. As for Shaymin, I've not seen it that often, though Venusaur can deal with it yet again, all of the pokemon Rhyperior is weak to is covered by Milotic and Venusaur, It's a physical wall, so special sweepers are going to be able to KO it, that's not the point. What Rhyperior does is come in on virtually every physical attacker in UU and lol. Things like Staraptor and Arcanine usually try to stay in and kill with CC which usually does around 30%, then they get KO'd by SE, EQ respectively. Rhyperior is a monster in UU, take my word for it.
I've already addressed Venusaur.
Thanks for the rate. :)

Alright, I don't think venasaur could be too good a counter to CroCune. It usually runs sleep talk... Lol. And as for venasaur countering shaymin, shaymin almost ALWAYS carries HP ice

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT
Super effective doesn't = kill. Shaymin Hidden power Ice won't KO unless I'm weak and it's specs- it's just not strong enough. I've taken Ice Punch from Weavile before, so I'm sure I can take HP Ice from Shaymin.
And yeah, but what's it going to do to me? It'll just be scalding me for very little damage while leech seed takes it's toll and I can fish for crits with giga drain. Sleep Talk will also run out of pp rather quickly if I'm constantly putting him to sleep, without giving him time to rest efficiently.