1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Someone said Pokemon is dying out?

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Dreamcoat, Jan 11, 2007.

1. Dreamcoat

Dreamcoat Well-Known Member

Location of the article

Discuss.

2. azurill

azurill Well-Known Member

There is already a thread like this on Other Videogame Discussion

3. Xylitol

Xylitol swimmin'

Is this about the main Pokemon RPGs? Or do they count the spin-offs too? Anyway, Pokemon isn't as old as Mario, so Pokemon would have actually sold more than Mario if they would have started at the same time. Final Fantasy's not a real surprise. Not that the list overall is a surprise at all. But what is this "Madden" they talk about and is in the list?

EDIT: Oh, so there's already a thread 'bout this.

4. Dreamcoat

Dreamcoat Well-Known Member

Bah, it happens.

Would someone mind closing this then? Thanks.

5. VampirateMace

VampirateMace Internet Overlord

yeah pokemon is currently nintendos #1 seller

6. halloweenghost

halloweenghost Well-Known Member

nah pokemon is making a pretty good comeback... even merchandise is starting to make a comeback..

7. Miss Rarity

Miss Rarity A rarity to come by

lollerskates on I love the 90's they said that all the kids like Yu-Gi-Oh! now...ROFLLERSKATES

8. G-Blastoise

G-Blastoise Well-Known Member

none pokemon dies......or they die????i dont know.....logically pokemon are dying

9. Pikawho?

Pikawho? (five15)

Madden is a very popular (American)Football game. They make a new version every year with the new player/coaches/grafics...

Anyways, Pokemon is really high on the list, so that's good. But yeah, it would have surpassed Mario if it started at the same time.

10. EeveePower

EeveePower Umbreon 4 President

Well there are a bunch of good pokemon & mario games comming up in the very near future, so i guess that list will change accordingly altho i highly doubt that pokemon will actualy get over mario someday.

I still wonder how the hell pokemon got so high, i mean the games are good but i never expected THAT number :D

11. mario will fall to pkmn someday coz u can tell if a game is dyin out (if they make a sports game about it)
    yes i know pkmn have pkmn dash but that was a 1 off 2006 was a terrible year

12. LilTorchic

LilTorchic SoI herd u lik croag

How does it coming in 2nd place mean its dieng out? In np Its in the first place for DS and GBA.

13. G-Blastoise

but pokemon die at last...example:if charmanters flame turn off,it will die.............

14. silver_phoenix

silver_phoenix Fluffy Pokemon Trainer

Pokemon will never die! Pokemon was NEVER a fad for me! For a lot of ppl like me, Pokemon is as big as Star Wars fandom is to other ppl!

15. Mewtoo

Mewtoo SPPF's Castlevanic

POKEMANS DOESNT DIE, YOU DIE!

But seriously, I don't think pokemon will die out for a while now. It's become popular, especially the games.

16. WildFang

WildFang BOO!!!!!

Meh it might be dying out in the mainstream but you know EVERYBODY plays it secretly, it's like the black market

17. xgina

xgina Banned

Hooray. I was surprised that it was at 2nd spot, actually, as I barely see anything related to it here.

18. Praxiteles

Praxiteles Friendly POKéMON.

Pokemon is not dying out, there are too many true fans out there who still support it. If anything, this is a good sign.

19. G-Blastoise

no ...i think pokemon are diying out....if charmander's flame turns off,it will die...

20. squirtleboy12

squirtleboy12 christian 4ever

pokemon isreally close to mario..go pokemon!